FUEL TRIGGER

Colmillo

Hi Pilots

I want to ask for your help. I have tried for several days to set up a mission that indicates when a plane (specifically the F18) has a certain amount of fuel. The idea is that a group does air refueling and when it has 10,000 for example, it notifies the rest of the airplanes that action.

I have tried with parameters, but I do not know which one to use from the list I found (clickabledata.lua), I also tried to use Arguments, but I can not get it.

Does anyone know the magic words?

Thank you very much in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Thank you for your advice, I will try learning how to use those .lua

If you have any real example, it will be very helfull

Thanks again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Max fuel for the Hornet is XXXXX -> desired message comes when fuel level is YYYYY

So divide YYYYY by XXXXX to determine the decimal value. Then you'd do something along these lines. Disclaimer: I haven't tested this and I don't do a whole lot of .lua work.

Type:

3 CONTINUOUS (Fuel check at tanker, NO EVENT)

Conditions:

UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE (Hornet, Tanker, QuarterMile)

Triggered Actions:

DO SCRIPT (

if
Unit.getByName('Hornet'):getFuel = 0.7
then
trigger.action.setUserFlag(1, 1)

)

This checks the fuel state of a unit named "Hornet" when it is within a quarter-mile sized moving zone you have previously defined using the "create trigger zone" button and setting a 1/4 mile radius.

When the unit hits 70% of its total internal fuel, flag 1 is set to true. You can then create another trigger that looks for flag one to be true and performs an action using the GUI or use the outText and outSound functions if you want to contain the entire series of events to one script.

If you really want to dig in you can also do the unit spacing checks via script.

Edited by feefifofum

If you want to do anywhere I think the continuous condition would work not sure if you need a.zone to activate then it works continuously and sets the flag when the fuel hits the appropriate amount

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@Colmillo

I'm afraid this would require a full script in order to work as intended.

I've written scripts that accomplish similar things, problem is that you'll need basic Lua knowledge to understand them.

Using scripts, I was able to determine the amount of external fuel tanks on, say, an F15C (based on fuel quantity), then use fuel quantity checks while refuelling, in order to receive different kinds of messages (air refuelling "success" or "failure", basically), which took the number of external fuel tanks "detected" into account.

Flags and/or scheduler stoppers can be used to prevent those messages from showing all the time, which is probably what you want.

Spanish is one of my native languages, so, if you want to, I can show you the basics of Lua, that way you can create your own scripts and overcome the limitations of the Mission Editor.

Mándame un privado y te comento.

Edited by Hardcard

@ Colmillo

Parece que tienes los mensajes privados desactivados, puedes enviarlos, pero no recibirlos.

Cambia la configuración de tu cuenta (customize profile > Edit Options > Activa "Enable Private Messaging" y desactiva "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators")

Edited by Hardcard

Gracias, Estaba activado "Enable Private msg", pero no desactivado "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators"

(Estoy saliendo de KLAX - SCEL, te contesto a mi arribo)

Edited by Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]