Chain Home Radar Mod

SUNTSAG

I think it would be nice to have a mod similar to the ground equipment mods that are out there, but WWII styled. Some props (as in "objects") should appear when you are doing this such as rearming, (a trolley full of ammo boxes?) requesting ground power (RAF accumulator trolley appears), and idk about repairing or "Run the starter!"

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it would be nice to have a mod similar to the ground equipment mods that are out there, but WWII styled. Some props (as in "objects") should appear when you are doing this such as rearming, (a trolley full of ammo boxes?) requesting ground power (RAF accumulator trolley appears), and idk about repairing or "Run the starter!"

(RAF accumulator trolley appears)

There is one already in the pack :)

(RAF accumulator trolley appears)

There is one already in the pack :)

Ehwhaaa..? :3

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same issue as others. It doesn't launch DCS. :(

I have this in my logs :

00006.442 ALERT DCS: Error running Scripts/Database/db_scan.lua: [string "C:\User_Profile\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/tech/WW2 RDF Radar Station/WW2-RDF-Transmitter.lua"]:76: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Could you please look and see if that can give you any clue to resolve this issue ?

Best regards. :smilewink:

Hi Dora,

Please PM me or drop in here your crash log and a copy of the WW2-RDF-Transmitter.lua file from your saved games folder and I will take a look. This is an issue for only a few people so far and we are unable to recreate the problem at our end. Thanks.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think i have a clue about this.

You said you are using features from the Patriot radar and that luas are stored inside scripts folder in the main instalation. On my experience mods that lack scripts folder with lua files needed are causing problems on the start of DCS.

Maybe you need to add a scripts folder with the modified Patriot files needed.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I think, if you do not have the BFVG WWII mod installed Airfield equipment along with the CH mod the latter does not work.

In my case if I activate the two together the CH works, if I remove WWII Airfield equipment the CH stops working and DCSW does not start.

• Like 1

ESA_maligno hits the sweet spot ¡¡¡

Thats the problem in 1.5.7, and maybe in 2.1.1

You must have BOTH MODS Chain Home and Raf Equimpent Pack to make them work. When i put both in tech folder inside 1.5.7 DCS is starting flawless.

So something are related between them andso you need both to make them work.

Thanks again for your support and maligno.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Excellent Fellas and thank you for determining the issue. I would love to say it was a marketing ploy on our part to get people to download both mods but I would be lying lol :thumbup:

However I have looked into the issue and found nothing yet that stops you needing both for Chain Home to function. I will continue to try and resolve it but nothing I have done so far fixes the problem. Have fun with it though :pilotfly:

Edited by SUNTSAG

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Hi and many thanks for all the effort you all put in all these mods!

One little problem here.... i would love to download and try this mod but i cant download it :( Googledrive says: The desired file does not exist.

Is there a way i can download it?

Greetings Naj-Treg

Hi and many thanks for all the effort you all put in all these mods!

One little problem here.... i would love to download and try this mod but i cant download it :( Googledrive says: The desired file does not exist.

Is there a way i can download it?

Greetings Naj-Treg

Hi Naj-Treg,

Try this link and thanks for the feedback it is always appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9WkdqVnptd2RvYmc/view?usp=sharing

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've d/l'd the CH and RAF equipment pack and put them into the correct place. when I search for them within the ME, I can see and place all of the CH objects EXCEPT the transmitter tower. It is not listed within the objects in the Air Defense grouping. It is listed within the folder of the WW2 RDF Radar Station but not within the game or ME.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've d/l'd the CH and RAF equipment pack and put them into the correct place. when I search for them within the ME, I can see and place all of the CH objects EXCEPT the transmitter tower. It is not listed within the objects in the Air Defense grouping. It is listed within the folder of the WW2 RDF Radar Station but not within the game or ME.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi 352ndDeacon,

Unfortunately some of the recent changes to DCS have had an impact on the Transmitter. I am therefore going to have to revisit the code and see what I can do to get this to work again. It may take a while as I am working on our next Mod which should be due release shortly, so please bare with me. Many thanks.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone have a mission with this implemented and set up for Normandy that they care to share?

Hi zionid,

I created very basic mission just to test the working of the script.

DCS version: 2.2.0.12843

Map: Normandy

MIST version: 4.3.71

CTLD: latest update

I edited the ChainHome.LUA the so the messages appear automaticly when they detect an enemy plane.

To do:

-download the attached mission (i put in with the mission the .lua files i used.not needed when you test the mission.)

- start the mission

-wait till message 'chain home radar is now **manned** - select F10 for picture' appears

-go to radio menu--->F10.other--->F1. chain home radar..--->F3 turn picture report on/off--->F1. message on

if correct you wil get the messages automaticly when radar detects an enemy. this should be around 5 or 6 minutes in the mission.

When there are enemy planes detected you will get the message every 30 seconds with the updated bearing, range and altitude.

If you want to ask manually for a radar picture you need to edit the ChainHome.LUA file.

open the file with a editor and change the following line:

ewrs.onDemand = false --Setting to true will disable the automated messages to everyone and will add an F10 menu to get picture / BRA message.

To:

ewrs.onDemand = true --Setting to true will disable the automated messages to everyone and will add an F10 menu to get picture / BRA message.

when you edited the lua file you need to re-load it in the mission.

to do this:

go to the mission editor and load the mission.

-go to the triggers menu

- select trigger: ChainHome script

-select DO SCRIPT FILE (ChainHome.lua)

-select the edited Chainhome.lua file

-save the mission

I hope this will guide you in the right direction.

Good luck,

Naj-Treg

ChainHome.lua

CTLD.lua

mist_4_3_71.lua

ChainHome Test.miz

Edited by Naj-Treg

• 6 months later...

I have upgraded this mod and it can now be downloaded via the link highlighted in the first post. It includes the following:

Chain Home Radar Mod.

Static Template of readymade sites on the English South Coast (Normandy Map).

Sound files associated with the "ChainHometest.lua".

ChainHometest.lua file.

1. Down load the Mod and extract it.

2. Place the extracted folder in your DCS saved games, in the tech folder.

3. Inside the complete mod folder is another folder called "StaticTemplate Script & Sound Files". It contains the files needed to make this work fully within a mission. the STM file needs to be copied to your static template folder within saved games. You will then be able to load the template in the mission editor. Once loaded you will have 10 sites on the South Coast of England.

You will of course still require the MIST script

Enjoy the update. :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Loving this mod and using it extensively with our virtual Spit squadron.

I have a few minor questions:

When we fly a group of 4, requesting a picture from RDF gives us 4 huge boxes, showing the contacts relative to all members.

Would it be possible to tweak it so that it only displays the information for the player requesting it- so the same information would not be repeated for all players?

Also, is it possible to tweak how long these messages are displayed, as I'd like them to show a bit shorter.

Thanks again for a great mod!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If we don't have a static template folder within our saved Games folder, do we just make one?

Yes, quoting Suntsag: "You need to create the following folder in your saved games DCS folder location called StaticTemplate exactly as typed here with lower case and upper case text. You can then place the .STM file in this location."

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB