"Connection timed out" problem after today's (13.03.19) update

Wookie

All,

Issue for me and I suspect others is the "Mods" folder under Saved Games/DCS Openbeta/Mods/

I removed this folder and saved to my desktop for testing. Connection issue has been fixed. I will narrow it down to what mod is causing the issue. If you try this and your connection issue is rectified please report back.

Jay

So this certainly didn't help me. I even had a new install of the game without modules or mods. The error occurred immediately. And I connected to a server that I know there are very few units. I'll tell you what helps me. I found that when I open the editor and run a mission where there are more units. But I can not say exactly how much (the mission with which it is doing about 450 units) and then I want to connect to multiplayer so it works and the error appears. Even if it is a big server and the Connection timeout appears, the game returns to the menu.

I tried a couple of ideas floated around, i.e.

- cleaned out my mods folder. I left tacview in there, nothing else

- reduced my preload radius to around 50% (had previously been successfully running at 90%)

That's not solved it.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Update.

I have a solution, well at least for myself.

In short, the "mission" that I was working on was something that has rather evolved over a period of months and is my "training" area, including pretty much one flight of every aircraft in game. Then I'd ended up adding in different FARPS, target areas, 3 ship fleets etc.

In short, when saved it was a pretty big file. When it ran, it was taking quite a while to load, even run locally on my PC, with an SSD.

I've just been in and pruned out a lot of "niceties" and it's loaded fine.

So for me, it was a genuine timeout, for how long my PC was taking to load the game.

It would appear that avoiding super complex missions is a rather good thing, or option B, have a genuinely fast PC, with one of the new NVME2 SSD drives.

Hope that helps.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hello,

Well I have closed my case with ED. At first I was leaning towards the "Mods" folder as the issue. Partly because ED support was leaning that way but I can confirm this is not 100% the issue. Although I can magically connect to online servers, the connection times are slow. ED wants to point fingers at connection speed, server ping and server load. The last one I can get onboard with, the first two I can confirm are not the issue. My gut tells me they have reintroduced the connection speed bug we had many months ago, plus the amount of users flooding the online servers to fly the F-14B

Just my thoughts,

Jay

Today's hot fix didn't resolved the issue.

Admitting you have an issue is the first step. I feel for the support staff and the number of problems they encounter which are self inflicted by the user but I get a little aggravated when they always lean towards a user created problem, especially when it literally occurred right after an update.

Same Problem, even with the Monday Update

Im having the exact same problem. There has been an update today (Monday March 18, 2019) which also did not fix the issue. It is supposed to increase the connection Timeout to 10 minutes, but I don't think it actually goes 10 minutes, also my Ping when I pressed join was 118.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same issue and I'm not sure if i stumbled across a solution(for me anyway) - but I can now load in without problems(still takes a while).

All I did was enabled Tacview to record sessions(in DCS options) that was already installed. Since doing this I can now load in?

This maybe something or nothing but worth a try.

Update 09/04/19

**Since recent updates - I can now connect with Tacview setting on or off**

Edited by Doolz
New update