Which module is the easiest to learn

BlacleyCole

Ok guys which module is the easiest to fly and learn the systems the yak or the black shark or some other module? I been messing with the huey which isn’t that easy to fly correctly. I spent so much time learning to maneuver the huey that I haven’t has time to learn other things like radio calls, navigation or air to ground combat.

No that I’m getting back into dcs I want to be able to fly complete combat missions but to do that I need to be able to fly something that requires less attention flying so I have the time for radio communications and navigation plus being able to fight.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

For me, the Hornet is one of the easiest to learn. Easy to fly, good autopilot, very legible hud.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Of hi-fi aircraft modules, is DCS: F-5E. Learn that module, learn how to fly and fight a small fighter, fly in formation,dead reckoning navigation, maneuvering energy management, communications, and almost every other fixed wing module becomes easier to learn. Exception is HarrierII. That module requires unlearning some habits learned in non VTOL fixed wings.

One skill that I wish it had, is in-flight refueling. In real world , in-flight refueling probe, on F-5 was up to operator. However if you can consistently fly in close formation with another aircraft, that is most of skill of in-flight refueling.

If you want a helicopter I would suggest the KA50. It is a combat gunship designed for a single pilot operation so the autopilot does a lot for you like fliying to a waypoint, maintaining a specific altitud or auto hover while you employ weapons to name a few.

If you are also open to a plane, then the first question is, what do you like more? Modern fighter or old 60/70/80s fighters? And what do you like more Air to air or air to ground.

If you answer those questions for us we could give you a very detailed answer.

For example if is modern fighters and multirole what you like I would definetily recommend you the hornet, easy to fly not so easy to operate (simply because the sheer amount of weapons/systems), or even the viper since having less complete system will give you time to learn the plane as new system are introduced. However if it is ground attack what you are looking for without managing radar and all this stuff then the harrier turns like a nice option.

Of course you have other options like F5, Viggen, FC3...

The F-5E is a rather simple aircraft, which makes it the easiest to learn IMHO (systems and flying).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You ask a strange question: uh-1 Is very quick to learn, but hard to fly.

I'd say uh-1 is simple but difficult.

A-10c Is the perfect opposite: complex but easy.

Ka-50 for example Is complex and difficult (but easier than the huey).

F-5 and mig-21 are - each its way - simple but difficult.

Something simple and easy Is hard to find, since a simpler module (i.e. with less systems to learn) Is also less combat capable (very likely it's simpler because older, so less computerized targeting systems, no hud, no autopilot, just fox2 missiles, only manual aiming with free fall bombs, and so on) and all of this makes It difficult.

Complex systems are there to help the pilot and ease his workload.

Thus you have to choose: spend your time to study a complex module, after that you can enjoy its easyness; or quickly learn a simple module but then spend time to master its difficulty.

Overall I'm inclined to say Hornet, the older gen aircraft are far less complicated, but also harder to get results, I appreciate that's part of the fun, but if you want to be able to literally do everything in something that while complex is very easy and intuitive, then I'd say the Hornet.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.