JTAC works in one mission, doesnt work in another

tebsu

I have 2 missions. Both have the exact same JTAC units (friendlys and enemies) and the same actions. Still, JTAC works in one of the missions and doesnt work in the other. Can anyone tell me why? This is extremely frustrating.

DubaiDefault is the mission where JTAC works. It will activate after a minute or so (the JTAC car has to get into position first)

DubaiTraining is the mission where it doesnt work.

Thanks so much if anyone can figure out whats the problem.

Missions.zip

• ED Team

It looks like it could be a line of sight issue, both the JTAC and the targets are on the road in a perfect line so he may have trouble seeing the other targets.

I made a quick edit, try it see if it helps

DubaiTraining.miz

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have 2 missions. Both have the exact same JTAC units (friendlys and enemies) and the same actions. Still, JTAC works in one of the missions and doesnt work in the other. Can anyone tell me why? This is extremely frustrating.

DubaiDefault is the mission where JTAC works. It will activate after a minute or so (the JTAC car has to get into position first)

DubaiTraining is the mission where it doesnt work.

Thanks so much if anyone can figure out whats the problem.

The DubaiTraining mission fault:

1. The "FAC" advanced waypoint command appears to be broken, it will not detect any enemy targets automatically, even if right next to a target.
  2. The "FAC - Engage Enemy (xxxxxx)" advanced waypoint command how ever works fine, I tested with A-10c, so if not working still, might be the plane your using, or using incorrect radio push to talk button.

I removed the "FAC" command as it has priority over the "FAC - Engage Enemy (xxxxx) command" (It will not run the second command) and then added the "Set Callsign=Axeman 1" and "Set Frequency=133am".

Fixed version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhq5g92xwckj352/dubaitraining_fixed.miz?dl=0

@BIGNEWY, might want to look into the "FAC" command being blind as a bat and not detecting valid targets (I might be incorrect on it use, but the jtac reported no targets detected and clear to depart when contacted, when it was parked next to the enemy tanks)

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

i actually found the problem.. My AV8 was not equipped with any weapon. Shouldnt the JTAC frequency still come up and at least say something like "no weapons - no target" ? :D

Well it appears that you do need to have weapons (gun ammo as min) for the JTAC to be available on radio (That is a problem), should still be contactable as he doesn't know what loadout you have until you talk to him and get to the 9-line readout.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Well it appears that you do need to have weapons (gun ammo as min) for the JTAC to be available on radio (That is a a problem), should still be contactable as he doesn't know what loadout you have until you talk to him and get to the 9-line readout.

Regards, Ian.

ok do i have to report this somewhere as a bug?

ok do i have to report this somewhere as a bug?

Normally I would report it, but I have no access to the internal ED error reporting system anymore.

1. I would hope BIGNEWY may do it for you based on our findings in this thread, or post the issue in the appropriate forum thread yourself.

Regards, Ian

DCS Tech Support.