3D modeling in general

Nice thread, I haven't noticed it untill now.

I haven't modelled anything to LO, nor DCS, but I did few planes for FSX. I'd love to make few planes for DCS when ED release their tools.

Here's a glider I'm modelling for FSX, Polish SZD-30 Pirat:

pirat_07.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the work I have begun on a North American B-25 Mitchell. Possibly for fundraising for CAF squadrons in the US.

I use blender, then port the model into Max or Gmax for materials, animations, and texture mapping. This project is still in the very early stages, but I hope to be finished with the model by Dec.

b25render2.jpg

More to come

Max

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

its a complex tool for people who have lots of time available to dedicate towards their models. It excels rather greatly at making STRAIGHT EDGED objects, and unless you know how to use it, it fails miserably at making smooth objects. when I get the time, I will make something and put it up here for people to see.

Robot_fanza.jpg

or I could find something I made a while ago :)

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

You do ask to kick you in the head if you use Max again, should we do it now?

im bored cos I have no job.... been out of work for sooooooooooooooooooo long I've given up looking.

EDIT: can you guess what it is yet...

ship002.jpg

tad bored still..... this time it's a differant version..

ship001a.jpg

ship002a.jpg

ship003a.jpg

Edited by joey45
adding more s***.
  • Like 2

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Personally I think you need a bit more detailing on those :) but, what is it supposed to be anyways?

MV-22wingfrst.jpg

what I have done so far on the wing, I hope it will get better.

Edited by Pyroflash

Enfoncer class helicopter thingy ship, I think its dutch..... Thats like an hours worth but they're [it's] not even finished yet. still low poly.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

how are you starting your models, the work you've done doesn't look like it should have taken an hour. My wing section only took about 10-20 minutes to complete.

I start my models as splines, then I simply extrude the splines and work from there. It is quick and easier than starting from a box or plane.