English native speakers, Need help!

SandMartin

Guys, I try translate Art of the kill video on russian. But im confused.

At 24:18 - 24:20 Pete Bonnani says "Just like you saw in the telestrator" - what does he mean ? I cant translate "telestrator" word.

Thanx.

OCFMX5z-ed4

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Its one of them things, where they can draw on top of a video feed, often used in sports, where they draw all sorts of arrows and circles, to illustrate what just happend.

PAN-4.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Thx Lot

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Guys, I have a couple quеstions.

14:40 - He said RAT ASS SHRIMP SHAKE right?

on 28.52 - What he said? The german pilots thinks what BF-109 can outturn spit or not ?

30:09 - he said about eyeball and hair and theeth.. He mean explosion then missle hit to cockpit and blow up his head, right ?

33.11 - he said "high align site rate pass" ?

on 33.46 he said about "Top Gun", right ?

On 34:10 he said "your clone going be in your chili in no time". What mean world "chili" here ?

On 34.33 – why he said doing something creative, if latter he said what ussualy creative doesnt help you ?

Edited by SandMartin

SandMartin,

14:40 I have no idea, haha.

28:52 He said RAF pilots who flew a captured Bf-109 disagreed that the Spitfire could outturn it. In other words, the RAF pilots thought the Bf-109 could outturn the Spitfire!

30:09 Yep!

33:11 He said "high line-of-sight rate". In other words, the line of sight angle changes rapidly as the other plane flies by.

33:46 Haha, yes, he's referring to Top Gun there.

34:10 To be "up in your chili" means the same as "in your face" or "in your business". In this case he's saying that if the attacking fighter makes no mistakes, he will get you.

34:33 I'm not sure.

Edited by NoJoe

SandMartin,

14:40 I have no idea, haha.

28:52 He said RAF pilots who flew a captured Bf-109 disagreed that the Spitfire could outturn it. In other words, the RAF pilots thought the Bf-109 could outturn the Spitfire!

30:09 Yep!

33:11 He said "high line-of-sight rate". In other words, the line of sight angle changes rapidly as the other plane flies by.

33:46 Haha, yes, he's referring to Top Gun there.

34:10 To be "up in your chili" means the same as "in your face" or "in your business". In this case he's saying that if the attacking fighter makes no mistakes, he will get you.

34:33 I'm not sure.

Thanx alot! =)

He says "Don't delay doing, you know, something creative, cause usually getting creative doesn't help you".

Meaning, "don't waste your time by doing something creative that isn't going to help."

Hope that helps.

Usually "creative" means doing something other than basic skills. In fighter speak, "basic skills" would be knowing the turning speeds, climb rates, etc.

If you try to ignore these principles by being "creative", that is usually bad. But there are times when you do everything by the book, and the enemy is still on your six...that's when it's ok to go outside of basic skills snd get creative...yes you may end up in a stall or other problem, but if the enemy cannot follow your movements, that MAY be a good thing.

He's saying to keep your mind open, to be ready to "think outside the box" when and if needed.

Thanks for all.. My translation coming to end.

Guys, I have final some quastions for Art of the Kill -

First -

on 57:12

about F-22 he said marble ? What mean marble ? All I can find, marble is stone. Can you ask some synonym for "marble" here.

second

What he does say 57.36 - lastest sentence - "From Fighter Game" ? Whats is mean in this here?

Thanks.

Edited by SandMartin

marble = marvel (marvelous)

That last bit is him saying, in the fighter game, the companies, Lockheed, GD (abbreviation of General Dynamics), Mac-air (abbreviation/nickname for McDonald Douglas?) can build great airplanes

but

it is the men that win wars.

marble = marvel (marvelous)

That last bit is him saying, in the fighter game, the companies, Lockheed, GD (abbreviation of General Dynamics), Mac-air (abbreviation/nickname for McDonald Douglas?) can build great airplanes

but

it is the men that win wars.

Thanks again ))

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Arts of the kill in russian done! Thanks a lot to all of you who helped.

I began to translate another short film. at this time is "last of the dogfighters"

LCDDbuHKGlU

I near to finish it, but have some quastions:

1) What he did say at 5.45 to 6.15 ?

Most intresting first sentence, and full idea of this.

2) 7.54 - He is said "oh my god, two migs closer" ?

3) 9:32 - what mean tomcat at second hand (he said about watch) ?

4) and final sentence, I cant understand final words at 13:19 - When I give it up, thats all..... ?

Thanks

05:45 to 6:15 has relevance to the person speaking just before who explains that "the F-5 is a really difficult airplane to fly well". The next guy is saying that pilots (such as himself) who come from other squadrons with a lot of experience from flying as adversaries (Red Air), F-16s, F-18s, etc come to fly with the Saints and they also have to learn to fly the F-5 and the added difficulty is that they have totally forgot how to fight 1 vs 1 and are very upset "biting their tongue" during debrief when they are getting failing grades on their first flights.

7:54 he said: Oh my god I have had too many "close calls" i.e. dangerous situations

9:32 about the watch he is joking saying that he is not like other "B" fighter pilots who buy big expensive watches with an ornament like "F-14 on the second hand" just to show that they are fighter pilots.

13:19 - When I give it up, thats all "I'm going to have left - just the dreams (about dog fights)

Nice vid thanks for sharing!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

05:45 to 6:15 has relevance to the person speaking just before who explains that "the F-5 is a really difficult airplane to fly well". The next guy is saying that pilots (such as himself) who come from other squadrons with a lot of experience from flying as adversaries (Red Air), F-16s, F-18s, etc come to fly with the Saints and they also have to learn to fly the F-5 and the added difficulty is that they have totally forgot how to fight 1 vs 1 and are very upset "biting their tongue" during debrief when they are getting failing grades on their first flights.

7:54 he said: Oh my god I have had too many "close calls" i.e. dangerous situations

9:32 about the watch he is joking saying that he is not like other "B" fighter pilots who buy big expensive watches with an ornament like "F-14 on the second hand" just to show that they are fighter pilots.

13:19 - When I give it up, thats all "I'm going to have left - just the dreams (about dog fights)

Nice vid thanks for sharing!

Thanks for explanations

• 3 months later...

Guys, I have another pair of quastions.

Now about Matt Wagner's video.

Guys, саn you say (make subtitles for me), what did Matt Wagner say in his first look video of M2000C on the 2:40-2:44 time?

"I think ???????????????????????????"

I cant understand it.

and what did he say on the

6:10

"When tax me the act of runway now". What does it mean? He said it about taxi line?

6te-3Mz2FlY

Thanx

2:40 he says:

"The cockpit of the M-2000C that RAZBAM put together is top notch"

6:10 he says:

"I am taxiing to the active runway now"

Also, "top notch" means very very good.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

2:40 he says:

"The cockpit of the M-2000C that RAZBAM put together is top notch"

6:10 he says:

"I am taxiing to the active runway now"

Also, "top notch" means very very good.

Thanx alot!

Thanx alot!

Glad to help!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have a few quastions with another Wags video. Its about F-5 now.

2Qg4ouwpxH8

at 4:05

He said "radio comms ???ARENT BLACK???" right?

at 5:00

"We going ask for air suply, ????? NOT A BAD ???"

What mean "kick over" when starting engine ? It is moment then RPM starting to grow up?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by SandMartin

Guys, I have a few quastions with another Wags video. Its about F-5 now.

at 4:05

He said "radio comms ???ARENT BLACK???" right?

If I'm hearing him right he is saying "COMMS are IN BLACK." Because when you look at the F8 Comms Menu, its black in color.

at 5:00

"We going ask for air suply, ????? NOT A BAD ???"

Sounds like he is saying "NOT THAT BAD". Having a hard time making that out myself. :( Not that bad; as in not too much trouble to do or experience. Or is not really a bad experience.

What mean "kick over" when starting engine ? It is moment then RPM starting to grow up?

"Kick over" is slang and means you're starting an engine and the engine is finally running. Sometimes you will hear someone say... "wait for the engine to kick over." i.e. start the engine and its now running. Or "kick it over"... which means start the engine up so that its running.

In this case.. the engine doesn't just start in an instance, so we wait for it to finally be running.

Edited by aileron

Thank you aileron very much!