Update

Fonz_408

Seems like no update today, well I probably won't be ranting but I don't like getting lied to two times. Get it right on your third attempt please.

Maybe you need to grow up a bit. You weren't lied to. ED stated their plans and ran into a bug. You would be the first one with tiki torches marching in the streets spouting vile something-or-others had ED released the update anyways with a major bug or 2.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nice surprise! So there is an update today! Yeah!

Exactly where did it say that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The developers have bought a "sighting container" that can be used to see all the way to their favourite lunch restaurant. They bought it and thought they would be able to start using it straight away, but it has been a lot of work to get it ready the way they envisioned it. That included nice decorations on the sides and bookshelfs for their manuals... With that done they happily started work on version 5.5.5.32173

Below is an image of the development team today celebrating their new sighting container:

seed_1.jpg?itok=zU-82xSc

Well done! ROTFLAMO!!!

:megalol:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

The new video has come out! This means that updates will come in the near future. Maybe one or two days. Anyway, it's no longer a long way off. Thank you, ED! If aiming at the pod can also be achieved in this month, it would be perfect!

We don't know yet. In testing the new OB we found some blocking bugs that we need to squash first. The team has been busy on this matter all day. We'll still try to release the OB today, but it might have to be pushed back a bit depending on the state of the OB.

Thanks

You guys take your time and do it right. A couple of days more won't hurt anyone. Posts that complain about the beta being in beta though, they hurt my eyes every day.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I wonder if the issue with the hafus being displayed despite not being detected by external sources be fixed by the time the update is releasead. Otherwise it will be in a cheat state as it will function as a true TWS.

what issue?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Watch the video and listen to what Wags says. He mentions what issue.

from what Wags says, has nothing to do with what your stating.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

I wonder if the issue with the hafus being displayed despite not being detected by external sources be fixed by the time the update is releasead. Otherwise it will be in a cheat state as it will function as a true TWS.

Are you referring to the Radar page with MSI on, where a ‘brick’ (regular blip) is shown if there’s no donor? Is that to be fixed?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

While it's wrong and it'll be fixed, it doesn't mean it'll function as TWS at all. You can get a HAFU by hovering over anything with TDC, and still it wouldn't allow AMRAAM guidance like TWS would, along with missing a lot of features exclusive to TWS.

True TWS? how's that? you still cant guide the missiles which is THE main TWS feature.

About PRECISE mode...

In Wags video - PRECISE coordinate entry in DDMM.MMMM

On DCS map I can see only DDMM.MMM !

Where can I see DDMM.MMMM on DCS map ?

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

In the Mission Editor use Left Alt and Y repeatedly until the precise coordinates appear

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

In the Mission Editor use Left Alt and Y repeatedly until the precise coordinates appear

I use Left Alt and Y and... coordinades in DDMM.MMMM not appear !

Only DDMM.MMM (three figures after the comma, not four!). Three figures after the comma - not precise mode! Need four !

DDMM_MMMM.JPG.5be2a15f8910c59afb0d3d24f9bc4fcf.JPG

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

You also have to move the cursor to get the change to show.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I use Left Alt and Y and... coordinades in DDMM.MMMM not appear !

Only DDMM.MMM (three figures after the comma, not four!). Three figures after the comma - not precise mode! Need four !

But I see 4 characters after the comma in your picture. :dunno:

But I see 4 characters after the comma in your picture. :dunno:

You see 4 characters after the comma in my picture :) This screenshort inside cockpit, from Wags video, not from DCS map ! On DCS map - only 3 characters after the comma

In HSI data, go to A/C and change the format to DDMMSS.SS.

About DDMMSS.SS I know! I asked about DDMM.MMMM like Wags video.. From where these coordinates Wag did take?

My answer was for the ME map, not the F10 map - haven't tried this yet so can't help

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

How about today, is the update coming? Or should we wait for friday?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.