1. 1. SHIPS

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great. But what will someone who didn't buy the harrier see?

Or they can't join mission at all without buying harrier if these are used

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah that is also a key question for me, did you guys decide how this would be added? As an MP player, if it works like the WW2 unit pack I doubt there will be many servers that would put it in.

There will be.... there will be..

Edited by ESAc_matador

We just use CA to make the ship stop before we land on it.

Making a ship to sell as DLC is a risky venture. It really needs to do more than the mods already out.

Included for free, while nice for us, doesn't seem worth it for RAZBZM since adding it isn't going to sell more copies of the Harrier module IMHO.

What's included as weapons for the Harrier is more important.

I've said it before, if they had included the ARMAT with the M2kC, that alone would have sold some extra copies.

Edited by Paganus
typos

I'd get it. It'd be nice as freeware since we pay out the nose for modules, but if we are getting a whole nest of ships that are usable without crashing/sliding off/glitching then heck yeah! And what if they eventually came out with a Blackhawk/ Seahawk or Sh*tter module???

While I will definitely buy the LHA, what does this mean for multiplayer servers?

Sure, many will love to use it in MP and I'm sure there will be servers willing to run missions with it. But what about the players who just want to join to shoot down some harriers or sink an LHA? I can't invision them buying it just for that, yet we also need enemy players.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

While I will definitely buy the LHA, what does this mean for multiplayer servers?

Sure, many will love to use it in MP and I'm sure there will be servers willing to run missions with it. But what about the players who just want to join to shoot down some harriers or sink an LHA? I can't invision them buying it just for that, yet we also need enemy players.

I guess will have to wait for an official information on how the bussiness model will look like. I wouldn't be supprised though if it'll be different from the recently announced units pack. It seems to draw the direction for the future.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Or even the guy who just flies his A10C or FC3 plane and not interact in any way with the Harrier or the LHA, who would still need to buy the ships in order to keep playing on the server.

This would not be that much of an issue if there was large choice of servers, but the reality of DCS is that you can count the relevant servers on one hand. All of these offer mission structures where a single ground unit or plane type can never be particularly important to the mission as a whole.

The reality of it being implemented in this form, ie such as the way WW2 unit DLC is, the value of the package for anyone primarily interested in MP is whether or not these few servers decide to use them.

Now unless this number is outrageously high, ie over 80% of the people would have the pack, it seems like an almost no brainer to not use the pack on the server since it would exclude too many people. It would be my guess that 50% owning it would be optimistic, so that would make a server admins choice very easy. Especially in the case of this pack since both red and blue have free carriers available as an alternative.

Anyway, that's just illustrating the problem as I see it with these sort of packs.

Have the ships ship With the module and offer them separately as a standalone DLC for servers...

using mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Have the ships ship With the module and offer them separately as a standalone DLC for servers...

using mobile

This doesn't solve the problem for people who don't necessarily want to interact with an LHA but still want to participate in servers where one is present.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

If it were me and I was not trying to fragment the multiplayer experience, I would just sink the costs of the ships into the price of aircraft modules that use them. and include it in the base game for other users to interact with. It's not like a Tomcat or Hornet will be used on an LHA anyway. I'm not the flight sim professional here though.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If it were me and I was not trying to fragment the multiplayer experience, I would just sink the costs of the ships into the price of aircraft modules that use them. and include it in the base game for other users to interact with. It's not like a Tomcat or Hornet will be used on an LHA anyway. I'm not the flight sim professional here though.

It would be a better solution, though I think the Arma solution (low res textures for non-owners) and an inability to place it in editor would be ideal. Wags discussed this option for WW2 pack, saying that they didn't 'want' to do that. No mention of it being technically not possible.

Perhaps Razbam would be able to go down that road if it is a technical possibility.

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

I was wondering if we will be able to place and recover cargo from these ships? Also will there be more than one spawn point for multiplayer? I think I asked this before but I can't find where I asked it, so moderators my apologies for double asking!!

~Rob

In todays update open beta mentioned that no longer players spawn in the same spot in kutnezov. Or so I understood.

• 2 weeks later...

in case you missed

17990608_1322686081151360_4070403980325098210_o.jpg?oh=d4aa8548eb0789a517b604bbbfca219c&oe=598472B9

17990649_1322686134484688_2372106774005718108_o.jpg?oh=8581d51f3413118b1c3e63a33fcb49b0&oe=597D8270

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Looks great !

Do we know which ship will support the Harrier operations ? I read in some thread that we'll see the Tarawa but I still don't know if the person was refering to the class or the LHA-1 specifically.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC