Nostalgia for the Old Flanker Heads...

A long time ago Eagle Dynamics showed us a video of a fantastic rendering of the beautiful Su-27. We all were wowed thinking that someday it would be...

Now is the day!

Thanks Matt and all at Eagle Dynamics for seeing it realized!!

Sorry I don't know how to embed the video! :)

You just read my mind, I was thinking exactly that while I flying 1.2.4 today. The clip I remember wasn't this one though, but a lone Flanker flying high among the clouds.

As you said, amazing times indeed! :-)

Best regards,

Juan Andrés "Susto"

• Like 1

Yup! I found that clip in an old collection of DVD's. It was something that a pal "Magneto" sent me (Old Flanker 2.5 people will know him and his cockpits). Imagine the day when we can actually enter the aircraft in that way...walk up to it and mount the ladder and enter. haha! There is a fuel truck with pipe connecting it to the aircraft upon refuel...etc. All in the name of immersion eh? ;)

Also..lol...teh ground handling in that render is still a target for the current FC3 aircraft. ;) lol....just pulling your leg Matt. ;) I know you will go.... Not again. ;)

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Even better times are awaiting us. DCS su-27 and F-15 will be epic time as well to remember when they arrive, I already had my share of happy tears about all the great news. I got only Flanker 2.0, considering to putt it up on my wall boxed in like those expensive baseball cards whit autographs on them.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Even better times are awaiting us. DCS su-27 and F-15 will be epic time as well to remember when they arrive, I already had my share of happy tears about all the great news. I got only Flanker 2.0, considering to putt it up on my wall boxed in like those expensive baseball cards whit autographs on them.

Definitely, these will be very popular. Finally these iconic fighters are making their way into DCS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh man, memories indeed, remember playing the crap out of the first original Flanker back in 1996-97..

Always printed out the debriefing so i can store it as evidence of my magic flying skills)lol..

I liked the small things that made me love flanker even more..like flying with Su-27 and then seeing on the radar a contact for a brief moment, and i could actually lock it for a second before loosing the lock..it was the S-300 missile before it accelerated too much and i lost lock)) ..

I'm glad ED survived the difficult times in '90s.. and hope they just keep getting stronger,bigger and better.. and rightfully richer!..

I still have the SU-27 FLANKER (I guess it's 1.0?) box here on my desk. Played that day out and day in when I was young :D

Me too! Good old memories :joystick:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Hehehe... I remember the graphics were great and the interactive training was well done but that's about it.

Remember this: http://hem.bredband.net/b133051/hmasp/index.htm

And I don't know how many hours I put into "Instant Action" with Papa Doc and the old gang!

I remember there was a BFM training website called the pink flamingo or something. Is that screenshot from the featured pink 27?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I remember there was a BFM training website called the pink flamingo or something. Is that screenshot from the featured pink 27?

Yup that is me flaming Papa Doc back in the day. We all had some epic battles in v1.0, and 1.5

good old days

i really loved it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I bought my Flanker 2.0 together with 2.5 pack, but for the unknown reason my computer had broken before I could install it (in the same day I bought game). So I had to wait year to get new PC, then I ran it....... and Lock on 1 has been seen.... considering what has been seen cannot be unseen I had to buy it :P

So in fact I played Flanker 2.5 very shortly.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I loved the FLCS/TQS with Stickworks chips... too bad it doesn't work with Win 7.

Too bad I don't have Thrustmaster pedals with these beauties... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...