iControl DCS 3.0 Released - New Free Version!

Alrighty boys and girls, it's been a while, but iControl DCS 3.0 is finally released (May take a while to propagate to all App Stores) along with a new server version.

A-10 Virtual Cockpit Free

A-10 VC Free is a limited functionality, ad supported version of its big brother iControl DCS. It is completely free. It has the combo MFCD, UFC, ILS, TACAN, Caution Warning, and a few other controls.

It's a great way to give the application a try so you can see how well the MFCD export performs for you. You get all the server benefits of the paid version, screen setup, easy script install, etc.

So tell all your friends that are on the fence that they can try it now!

Changes for iControl DCS

• New icon
  • Significant increase in MFCD frame rates in the combo view
  • Double tap to zoom in and out of MFCDs
  • Improvements in connection handling, disconnects, etc.
  • New controls:
    • Throttle control via "Control Surfaces" button - this feature is experimental and may be removed in future versions.
    • Flaps
    • Coolie Hat on zoomed MFCD
    • Slew on zoomed MFCD

[*]Many performance enhancements

[*]Minor bug fixes

Changes for A-10 VC Server (Works with both A-10 VC Free and iControl DCS)

• Installer! No more unzipping!
  • New name, new icon
  • One application. Works with both A10VC Free and iControl DCS
  • Native versions for x86 and x64
  • Complete re-design of MFCD/CDU capture, faster and less PC resource intensive
  • Ability to limit the frame rate captured
  • Sim connection status
  • Aero toggle - automatically disable Aero when the server starts
  • Better detection of invalid configurations and guidance on resolving issues
  • Improved debug logging
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements
  • Requires Windows Vista or higher. Windows XP is not supported.

Check out the website at http://www.bit-shift.com for more information on iControl DCS, A10 Virtual Cockpit Free, and A10 Virtual Cockpit Server.

Thanks to everyone who's supported this project so far and for all the positive feedback. This is a great community and I'm not done yet... there's more coming in the next few months so stay tuned to twitter and the forums!

• Like 1

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Thank you very much for this upgrade, nice app ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the update, everything works great!

Is it possible to have iControl working at the same time as Helios?

I guess they are both using the export.lua, no idea how to combine them:(

You would have to manually combine the export scripts. In the future I may look into ways to make this a little easier. For now unless you're willing to hand edit files, you can only use one or the other

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

I'd just like the option to expand the mfd windows beyond 500 pixels (or whatever) I only use the cdu function of icontrol dcs and display my right mfd over 90% of my 2nd 24" monitor, somat a max of 500 pixels it leaves a lot of screen space.

I'll make a note of this for the next version of the server. 500x500 quite high resolution when exporting to the iPad, any higher would be a waste and just use more CPU unnecessarily. But given your use case I understand why you'd want to. I'll think about adding an override via holding shift while dragging or manually editing the dimensions in the editor.

Are there any more instructions that those given on the Icontrol site? My iPad is not connecting and really not sure what to do. I don't know if my iPad i on the same IP subdomain as my PC. Is that the same as subnet Mask? Where should I be looking? What port is my PC on? I know my router has ports but I didn't know my PC was on just one of them? Can I set the IP in game or do I have to make sure it is right before I launch the sim?

The icontol little window has a red dot next to 'Sim' and 'Device'. Should they be red? Do they go green? If so when?

I've got Bonjour installed but no printer attached to my PC? Does that matter.

Quite puzzled. Help!

[Edit] Not sure how or why but choosing the Bonjour service option started working and I got myself connected to server (with a green dot next to 'Device'). Initial impressions are it is good for the buttons, not so good for the rotary switches like the ILS and the TACAN. Also, pressing the Master Caution light doesn't clear the caution, I had to press the one in the cockpit. None of the screen shots on the website show the CDU which is what I want to be shown on my iPad. Can you do this with the full version?

Edited by McVittees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Master Caution light doesn't clear the caution, I had to press the one in the cockpit. None of the screen shots on the website show the CDU which is what I want to be shown on my iPad. Can you do this with the full version?

ILS has been quirky for a few builds, see http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1326578 Things seem to have changed in the 1.1.1.1 build, so I'll see if I can make it better after the holidays.

Master Caution button should clear the caution, I'll definitely take a look at that as well - could be a bug!

The CDU is only available in iControl DCS, not in A10VC Free.

Thanks for your feedback! :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply boarder2. I'll look at upgrading to the full version in the new year since its got the CDU. Not fussed with all the MFCD exporting malarkey! ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Android tablets and iOS phone sized devices may happen, but it's not high on the list. Googles SDK and development tools aren't very user friendly and since this is a side project for me I can't spend all my time fighting with an SDK and IDE or you guys would never get anything! ;)

Love the app, but I wish there was buttons/tabs to switch between the screens. The 2 finger swipe doesn't always register and often causes button presses or switches to flip.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Love the app, but I wish there was buttons/tabs to switch between the screens. The 2 finger swipe doesn't always register and often causes button presses or switches to flip.

There will be an alternative method of switching in a future (probably next) version. I have an idea that I'm working on right now, actually.

Sweet, right now it can be a goat flying and fighting, try a quick swipe quickly to the mfds and turn my master arm off or change radio channels, etc

Cheers!

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Just throwing this out there with no guarantees -

Anyone have thoughts on a Windows Phone version?

Since youre asking, I'd rather see the iPad version working properly before you move on to other platforms.

What is not working properly for you?

App still doesnt work correctly in MP. I don't spend much time in single player so I rarely get to to use it.

Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing I can do about that. Take a look at the 4th entry in the FAQ for more info http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#faq

It's up to the server administrator as to whether or not they want to allow client side scripting to run. Unless someone can point me somewhere that says otherwise.

It works on MP, just not correctly. If I host or join a server in a paused state before the mission begins, it works. If I respawn or join a server after its unpaused the app only has limited functionality (the HUD arm panel still works, but aren't bidirectional).

Edited by Draux