How do I use LGBs?

DeathAngel1

Cant know what you are doing wrong if you dont tell us what you are doing exactly, I cant find my glass sphere.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I`ve watched Wags video, and I did the same, but my LGBs never hit the target and cant even lock the laser signal. What I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Try to manually set a mark for AUTO bombing to the center of the enemies group... your aimpoint may be shifted forward because the altitude of it is not zero?

I had the same issue, JTAC only seems to lase the first target. He does clear hot for the second, but doesn't lase it.

he does lase it when he says SHIFT.

HOWEVER, when you enter the code, it does it only for the first bomb, the other bombs need again to have the code entered new. I wasted a couple of bombs before finding out. you will see on the weapons page that the code was entered only for one bomb, the others remain xxxx

he does lase it when he says SHIFT.

HOWEVER, when you enter the code, it does it only for the first bomb, the other bombs need again to have the code entered new. I wasted a couple of bombs before finding out. you will see on the weapons page that the code was entered only for one bomb, the others remain xxxx

Yeah, I noticed that too...I expected to have ALL the bombs "code boxed" by using the STEP function...after going through all four stations, it should box up all of them just like the Laser MAVs...guess it hasn't been implemented yet

I'm also wondering how much do you have to alter the JTAC's settings...For instance, the JTAC has a setting in the ME where you can specify what type of weapon should be used for a certain group...you can set it to AUTO, or Laser, or ASM or ATGM, or EVEN Guided Bombs...and it's this last option I'm wondering if it needs to be set...you would think so, but so much right now is either not finished or is WIP, that I don't know what to expect

From Wags video, it looks like he has a waypoint on target and the lgb catches the laser. So automode needs a waypoint or you need to make targetpoint yourself. So some of the information jtac gives you, will make you able to makes a targetpoint. For me jtac needs some work for the hornet to be effective. Human jtac maybe the way to go.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JTAC and Guns

So, at the risk of sounding entirely dopey I will put thisout there. Is anyone else having anissue where JTAC keeps asking for Guns over LGB’s? This happens even if under waypointactions/tasks I set “guided bombs” as weapon. I will include my mission file with this post. It is a very simple set up I use to practicewith new weapons as they become available. JATAC will call for LGB’s if you have no gun ammo. Also, JTAC will call for LGB’s if you replacethin skin vehicles with Tanks. Anyway, Iam curious to know if this is just the nature of the beast or I am messingsomething up. huh.gif

LGB Test.miz

Second that! Had this issue before the latest update to 2.5.4 as well with Mavericks...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

What I have been doing is the following, tested last night

I used CTLD JTAC although it doesn't matter which you use

ok

JTAC lases target with smoke

Sensor select up to put the ball and chain on the HUD

put ball near smoke and click the button you use to lock the target (Sorry at work atm)

you can then slew the ground marker around, put it close to the target (Doesn't have to completely accurate.

run in and release the bomb

Obviously putting in the code for the LGB etc

Works every time for me

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

What I have been doing is the following, tested last night

I used CTLD JTAC although it doesn't matter which you use

ok

JTAC lases target with smoke

Sensor select up to put the ball and chain on the HUD

put ball near smoke and click the button you use to lock the target (Sorry at work atm)

you can then slew the ground marker around, put it close to the target (Doesn't have to completely accurate.

run in and release the bomb

Obviously putting in the code for the LGB etc

Works every time for me

How do you lase a target with smoke? I assume you mean "designate" target AREA with Willie Pete (smoke)...problem is, JTAC wants you to use what IT thinks is best...I had four LGB's and JTAC wanted me to attack with GUNS...so once I emptied my 20mm canon via the ME, the JTAC FINALLY asked me to use the LGBs....and using the HUD to designate is a no go...that is not the same as lasing...At this point, I think using LGBs with an external target painter, is limited to only Multiplayer buddy-lasing

JTAC and Guns

Doesn’t it make more sense to use guns on thin skinned vehicles rather than big expensive LGBs?

I think the JTAC logic here is sound, but what you’re expecting from the JTAC is inaccurate. Now, you might have also found a bug if you set JTAC to guided munitions in the ME and he calls for guns.

TJ

Edit: it would be interesting to take your mission and load up an a10c with lgbs and guns and see what the FAC does when the ME instructs for guided munitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went into ME and changed the WEAPON selection from ALL to GUIDED BOMBS . . . JTAC then asks for the GBU's you have onboard . . . works correctly then.

I can't get the GBU's to work with the AutoLasing script yet.

Can't wait for the targeting pod

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

Doesn’t it make more sense to use guns on thin skinned vehicles rather than big expensive LGBs?

I think the JTAC logic here is sound, but what you’re expecting from the JTAC is inaccurate. Now, you might have also found a bug if you set JTAC to guided munitions in the ME and he calls for guns.

TJ

Edit: it would be interesting to take your mission and load up an a10c with lgbs and guns and see what the FAC does when the ME instructs for guided munitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were not thin-skinned vehicles and it would seem more logical to protect the pilot with lasing and releasing from a higher altitude than diving in on the targets with a less than pinpoint accurate system such as guns, but regardless, the ammo selected in the ME for this JTAC to call for was Guided Bombs and that's what he should do...we simply need the TGP to use the lasing system correctly...at least in single player...in MP you can probably use the AV8B or the AC10 to buddy-lase for you until we get the pod

Same issue for me, I have set up a small test scenario using a JTAC, I have a waypoint in the middle of 3 Artillery.

I follow Wags video to the letter and the GBU just free falls, never attempts to pick up a laser. Code is set on each weapon correctly.

On the odd occasion it does start to acquire a laser signal it is either way too late to adjust its trajectory onto the target or it aims for a random part of the terrain.

My mission has no issue with LOS for the laser, JTAC tells me to use GBU's and that it will be marked by laser.

Same issue for me, I have set up a small test scenario using a JTAC, I have a waypoint in the middle of 3 Artillery.

I follow Wags video to the letter and the GBU just free falls, never attempts to pick up a laser. Code is set on each weapon correctly.

On the odd occasion it does start to acquire a laser signal it is either way too late to adjust its trajectory onto the target or it aims for a random part of the terrain.

My mission has no issue with LOS for the laser, JTAC tells me to use GBU's and that it will be marked by laser.

No disrespect, but did you tell JTAC to turn the laser on? Also, after he responds, “Laser ON, Lasing” you still need to tell him you “spot” the laser, and then you’re “IN hot”. Then JTAC will clear you to engage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

No disrespect, but did you tell JTAC to turn the laser on? Also, after he responds, “Laser ON, Lasing” you still need to tell him you “spot” the laser, and then you’re “IN hot”. Then JTAC will clear you to engage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I asked for laser on along with "spot" and "In" and have also tried with just using laser on and not saying "spot" or "in".

I just tried the same mission and I put an AGM-65E on board to see if the JTAC was actually lasing the correct target and he is. I locked using the Maverick to ensure JTAC was infact lasing, he was so I switched to GBU and this time the GBU hit.

However upon restarting the mission I asked for laser on but this time I didnt touch my maverick, I selected GBU with correct code etc etc and it didnt even attempt to pick up a laser.

Edited by Daz85UK

Hey, even if you get a Cleared Hot, there's no Azimuth Steering line and you never hear the bomb drop if you continue IN while holding the pickle button....ball and chain won't do it, or even SHOULD do it because that's a different type of deployment...there's simply no indication of a target being lased on the ground from the HUD symbology even when you select AUTO mode...the videos we saw had a Waypoint designated as the target, not a lasing platform operation

Edited by Alphamale

How do I use LGBs?

Hey, even if you get a Cleared Hot, there's no Azimuth Steering line and you never hear the bomb drop if you continue IN while holding the pickle button....ball and chain won't do it, or even SHOULD do it because that's a different type of deployment...there's simply no indication of a target being lased on the ground from the HUD symbology even when you select AUTO mode...the videos we saw had a Waypoint designated as the target, not a lasing platform operation

That’s correct. Technically there isn’t a way to spot the laser yet since the LST isn’t implemented yet. Basically you have to just “know” where the target is and use the “ball and chain” to create a release point. It is a bit elementary but it is functional. I wish I could view a track right now, but I’m working the next 6 days.

Addendum Right now you can only conduct pre-planned attacks using waypoint releases or just knowing ahead of where the target is exactly. It will be pretty difficult do CAS missions using LGBs. The process would be very tedious because of constantly copying coordinates and creating new waypoints. The pod and Link16 will greatly reduce the workload when the time comes.

Actually you can spot the laser with a laser maverick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Yes I asked for laser on along with "spot" and "In" and have also tried with just using laser on and not saying "spot" or "in".

I just tried the same mission and I put an AGM-65E on board to see if the JTAC was actually lasing the correct target and he is. I locked using the Maverick to ensure JTAC was infact lasing, he was so I switched to GBU and this time the GBU hit.

However upon restarting the mission I asked for laser on but this time I didnt touch my maverick, I selected GBU with correct code etc etc and it didnt even attempt to pick up a laser.

Okay. What altitude are you releasing at? Are you giving the bomb enough time to acquire and adjust? What’s the waypoint elevation? What’s the target elevation? Sorry for questions. Viewing a track would be much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro