[FIXED] Autopilot disconnect

ataribaby

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a disconnect button for that. You just press the ATT or HÖJD button again to disengage the AP, or pull/turn hard and it will disengage.

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a disconnect button for that. You just press the ATT or HÖJD button again to disengage the AP, or pull/turn hard and it will disengage.

The red button on the joystick is the AP disconnect. Which currently isn't mappable...

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

The red button on the joystick is the AP disconnect. Which currently isn't mappable...

Just fasen, det är den ju till för! :thumbup:

Yes, of course, that's what it's for :thumbup:

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Chucks guide says the red button on the stick is Autopilot disconnect, a buddy who flies the Viggen says it is the Autothrottle disconnect / IR Missile fast select button. Now ... What is it ?

The red button.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Exactely, I´d really like to know how to map the Autopilot disconnect button in the controls ... anybody ... Heatblur ?

It's the IR missile fast select button. When the AFK is on, the IR missile fast select button serves as a AP disconnect button. When AFK is off, it serves as a fast select button for the Sidewinders.

That's how it works in DCS. I don't know if this is true to real life.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is from another Viggen forum:

The button on the Styrspak that is AP Disconnect. Is that ATT or HÖJD off but SPAK still on? Or SPAK off?

Answer: It’s called ”SNURK” which is short for Snabburkopplingsknapp (snabb=fast, urkoppling=disconnect, knapp=button).

It cancels all the SA06 modes (SPAK, ATT and HÖJD). SA06 is the Styrautomat 06 or Autopilot

• 3 weeks later...

If it disables spak, is this function designed for something like emergency stall recovery? Not sure why I would want to do this in normal flight. I've had it bound to the ATT/HOJD and it's somewhat handy, but not enough to necessarily justify a joystick button.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

If it disables spak, is this function designed for something like emergency stall recovery? Not sure why I would want to do this in normal flight.

You don’t.

Normal autopilot (Styrautomat SA06) mode is SPAK and the AJS 37 is normally flown in this mode. There’s really no reason to disengage SPAK mode unless there’s a failure in the SA06 system. So you normally switch SA06 modes by pressing the buttons under the glareshield. The SA06 can fail for any number of reasons as there’s a lot of servos and sensors involved. In most failure cases the SA06 will disengage automatically. The SNURK (Snabburkoppling or rapid disengage) button on the stick is for those cases when the auto disengage isn’t working, giving the pilot full authority.

Just a FYI on how I have AP set up.

I also think the mentality behind it is that SPAK is not really meant to be disconnected.

So I moddeled mine after the mirage. Got a VKB stick. First stage trigger is Attitude toggle, second stage as Level autopilot. First trigger also toggles between SPAK and attitude.

I guess you could also supposedly also set trigger up as a AP-standby, like mirage.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Acording to a real Viggen pilot the AP disconnect on the stick works as a step back command. For example if one has all three AP on a click goes back to ATT, next click would be SPAK.

This is how interpret it when reading the pilot manual too. And if you press it in SPAK you will disconnect SPAK.

According to the SFI the SNURK will take any mode or sub-mode and bypass directly to the SA06 “on” requisite.

There is no possibility for the SNURK to step between the modes.

Another way of looking at it is you can’t have HÖJD or ATT without SPAK, and SNURK cancels SPAK...

2D3049F6-7749-4E71-8222-427D253D6276.thumb.jpeg.19317a902f687289aa71bed09f6750c6.jpeg

CA2910A8-F8B3-4132-83D7-74A1F1332142.thumb.png.2643a56c94a0c26221dcc992bb669758.png

Edited by Goblin