Video Question - Advanced WP Actions, Transmitting messages, Radio Messages, etc.

-ORION-

Hoping to get some or all of these questions answered from the mission editor gurus out there. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out!

Questions involve advanced WP actions, transmitting messages, radio messages, power (W) parameters, and others.

${1}

I haven't used Transmit message, but I imagine it will transmit on the unit's frequency, under the pilot/unit name. It should be simple to test with a full fidelity module.

On Waypoint actions vs triggered actions, triggered actions are typically set off on the Trigger menu via "AI Task Push". I use triggered actions more often because I usually don't want AI actions to revolve around waypoints. For example, you might have an AI orbiting outside of an enemy SAM's range, and you want it to attack when that SAM is destroyed. Doing this via waypoints is impossible, but if you set triggers to use AI Task push when the SAM is destroyed, the AI will automatically attack only once it is safe to do so.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

This should help with your first question:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_command_transmitMessage

It looks like the message will only be broadcast to groups (including the player) on the broadcasting unit's current frequency. In the case of your F-15, this would be 124.00 Mhz.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I haven't used Transmit message, but I imagine it will transmit on the unit's frequency, under the pilot/unit name. It should be simple to test with a full fidelity module.

On Waypoint actions vs triggered actions, triggered actions are typically set off on the Trigger menu via "AI Task Push". I use triggered actions more often because I usually don't want AI actions to revolve around waypoints. For example, you might have an AI orbiting outside of an enemy SAM's range, and you want it to attack when that SAM is destroyed. Doing this via waypoints is impossible, but if you set triggers to use AI Task push when the SAM is destroyed, the AI will automatically attack only once it is safe to do so.

Never crossed my mind to think about that default unit frequency. I'll need to test some more, but so far the F15 was transmitting to my Hornet even when I wasn't tuned to that frequency.

I'll look into the AI Task Push as well. Thanks.

This should help with your first question:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_command_transmitMessage

It looks like the message will only be broadcast to groups (including the player) on the broadcasting unit's current frequency. In the case of your F-15, this would be 124.00 Mhz.

Ah great link, thanks. The F15 was transmitting to my Hornet even when I wasn't tuned to that frequency, so maybe there's a FC3 simplified radio or easy comms setting I need to look into.