[ALREADY REPORTED]Open Beta Canopy/HUD glass issues

nookiemrsmith

After today's patch I've noticed that the layer of canopy glass with the scratches on it is stuck in the forward position and floats there when the canopy is open. The layer with the dive angle markers still moves with the canopy frame.

Also the HUD glass loses its tint if you look downward when you move the camera to the bottom of the cockpit. (Second picture I looked down a few degrees)

I tried disabling and re-enabling the aircraft in the module manager and did the DCS updater repair.

Pictures attached.

1610458218_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_07.15-23_47_27_75.thumb.png.cf95ec1f894ceb45f7b4c6d7faa3cf6d.png

747513683_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_07.15-23_47_42_50.thumb.png.f4937c74e5df9c258c4c59fd600cf68e.png

+1

Option to disable reflections please.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Awe nuts! Did the low angle rear light reflection get fixed? The glare on the instrument panel? That may have led to this. It was way strong, when taking off West in the morning with sun behind you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Don't know. The broken cockpit shadows that it's had near forever seem to have been worked on, at least the headrest is solid now if not the surrounding geometry. Why working on that would detach a completely different object from its owner I can't imagine.

Good point. Who knows?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

F86 HUD Glass disappears

Hi,

I just clicked on free flight for the F86 on the Normandy map and noticed when i moved down in my seat with track Ir the HUD /SIGHT Glass Disappears. I'm Using Stable Version and i couldn't find an area to post these issues in ,only a Read only area for stable versions bugs and problems. Sorry this is in the wrong area but i couldn't figure out where else to post.

F86 HUD BUG.trk

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

• 3 weeks later...

Canopy reflection bug when open

A friend and I were flying together and noticed that, after the last update, reflections on the canopy still show in the same spot when the canopy is open. It’s as if the reflection textures arent actually “attached” to the canopy. I don’t recall this bug before the previous update.

• 2 weeks later...