Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Yea, the Phantom can carry the Shrike and the HARM. Can weapon availability be restricted on a by-aircraft basis, or is it only just what's available at an airfield's warehouse?

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Wouldn't it be better to put the Phantom RED and Mirage BLUE? That way both sides get a supersonic SEAD platform.

Both the JF-17 And SU-25T will have access to high end ARMs. On Blue the F-4E will have access to mid tier ARMs, as it is not an F-4G, and the F-18 will have access to high tier ARMs. The Sidearms on the Harrier are too short ranged to be considered viable for regular SEAD operations.

On the idea of carriers, I view them as a destructible home base asset, sorry that I wasn't overly clear on that point. If possible it would be amazing to have carriers move to the front, as takeoff and landing will be suitable skill barriers to them being spammed. That does however pose a problem of advanced fighters being available on the frontline, an ability not matched by most Red aircraft.

Edited by Tirak

That would be even better of course :thumbup:

It is not possible to command ships as CA-Commander, or is it?

Should be possible to command them, but you will be basing a lot of trust into random people

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Yea, the Phantom can carry the Shrike and the HARM. Can weapon availability be restricted on a by-aircraft basis, or is it only just what's available at an airfield's warehouse?

Wait, the HARM?! On the F-4E?! Are you sure? I know the F-4G can use the HARM very well, but the F-4E?

I wasn't sure on the Shrike and the SARM, but I was pretty sure it could not use the HARM.

Should be possible to command them, but you will be basing a lot of trust into random people

Well, it takes a while till a carrier changes position, meaning plenty of time to override bad commands if someone is trolling.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wait, the HARM?! On the F-4E?! Are you sure? I know the F-4G can use the HARM very well, but the F-4E?

I wasn't sure on the Shrike and the SARM, but I was pretty sure it could not use the HARM.

Well, it takes a while till a carrier changes position, meaning plenty of time to override bad commands if someone is trolling.

Seeing how fast a carrier can turn it is impossible to land on it while they maneuver. Harrier might work. I would if possible place the carrier based on mission success like the PAKs we have now.

New PAK captured -> Carrier is closer to the front line after 3h mission restart.

For the F4 SEAD capability:

Wild Weasel IV: converted F-4C with AGM-45 (36 aircraft)

Wild Weasel V: converted F-4D with AGM-45 and AGM-78 (2 aircraft)

Wild Weasel VI(F-4G): converted F-4E with AGM-45, AGM-78 and AGM-88 (134 aircraft)

For flying SEAD and employing the missiles you also need the appropriate systems like ECM PODS, rails, EW equipment instead of guns, new fueltank ... So we most likely get a F-4E without SEAD capability.

I am sure the mission designers will balance it out well and make quick changes for new modules, like they do now.

Edited by RED

Well, I am no CA expert, but last time I saw somebody command some units I couldn't change their task.

I would if possible place the carrier based on mission success like the PAKs we have now.

This is a good idea that can be worked on

'Shadow'

With 40+ people on this server just cannot hack it. Has it been hit with Spectre / Meltdown patches? We're currently playing at 5-10fps. Warping around 100s of meters. People having trouble logging in and the chat is minutes behind.

For the F4 SEAD capability:

Wild Weasel IV: converted F-4C with AGM-45 (36 aircraft)

Wild Weasel V: converted F-4D with AGM-45 and AGM-78 (2 aircraft)

Wild Weasel VI(F-4G): converted F-4E with AGM-45, AGM-78 and AGM-88 (134 aircraft)

For flying SEAD and employing the missiles you also need the appropriate systems like ECM PODS, rails, EW equipment instead of guns, new fueltank ... So we most likely get a F-4E without SEAD capability.

Yes, I am aware of the Wild Weasel variants (although your numbering differs a bit to what I know), but I was talking about the ARM capability of the default F-4E?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

@xcom/ciribob

What was the result of the changes yesterday? Did it help with the warping?

Did I understand correctly, that TacView recordings are on hold now?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Question time:D:D

@xcom / @ciribob

Is the problem with the INS mis-alignment on the mirages a bug or a feature? (considering that it takes almost ten mikes for the alignment)

Is the kill report in the chat a normal feature of the server or it will be removed in the officials rounds? (I've already posted this question but I received no answers. Check the spoiler for the integral version of the answer)

And is this feature going to stay forever (even in the official rounds) or it's a temporary solution?

I am asking because I think it doesn't fit well in a realistic scenario such BF is trying to represent, because somebody can take advantage of the chat to recognize that, for example, his bandit got killed by his missile even before he checks visually for the splash.

I wanna give you an example: today I was flying on blue side with a buddy, we got an helicopter on the radar, so we engaged him. My buddy splashed that bandit with guns without even realising that he got it. We kept searching the target for other 5 mins, then, because of the chat report, we realised that he got splashed. I know that in this case the chat helped us, but it's simply not realistic.

Last example (I promise:music_whistling::lol:): I had a dogfight against a su27 ( I was on an f15). I got engaged by him and I replied with a fox2. Then I went into a defensive position trying to avoid his missile, and, because of that I lost visual with him (he was covered by my left wing). The chat feature wasn't enabled yet so I had to turn back to check the splash or the miss. With the chat feature enabled you simply don't have to check if someone got splashed or not, if a buddy doesn't call u on radio because he went down into a fireball or simply because he didn't hear you. It's like having the superpower of omniscience, that u can't have in real life :)

P.S: at the end, yes I splashed that 27:pilotfly::joystick:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

TacView is disabled - the mega upload client was causing lag :(

We may try a single TacView that'll upload every 3 hours to Dropbox again but we'll see how we go.

If your mirage alignment is taking 10 minutes you're doing it wrong alignment is enforced, but you don't have to do full alignment or any (there's a backup compass). Up to you. :)

Kill messages are in testing - so far no one as far as I can see welcomes them back but we'll see how we go.

There have been no real changes to the server since the beta patch and we have seen it run fine (and reported by others to be fine) so hopefully with TacView stopped temporarily lag should be greatly reduced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

We may try a single TacView that'll upload every 3 hours to Dropbox again but we'll see how we go.

I would really appreciate this, as the TacView tracks are really helpful to learn from mistakes and become better!

Tornado3 small.jpg

TacView is disabled - the mega upload client was causing lag :(

If your mirage alignment is taking 10 minutes you're doing it wrong alignment is enforced, but you don't have to do full alignment or any (there's a backup compass). Up to you. :)

Kill messages are in testing - so far no one as far as I can see welcomes them back but we'll see how we go.

There have been no real changes to the server since the beta patch and we have seen it run fine (and reported by others to be fine) so hopefully with TacView stopped temporarily lag should be greatly reduced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

+1 on kill messages. I think there are a silent majority that prefer to have them on. The server otherwise can be quite sterile at times. Flame suit on:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

-1 for kill messages

Splash confirmation and ground BDA is very critical information that not everyone needs to see and must be relayed with proper means and through proper channels.

It also makes IR snapshots a viable tactic where you just launch an IR missile at the enemy, go low or behind a hill and wait for the kill message. Same with the scoreboard, both are unnecessary. If you want names on who you killed or got killed by just ask your GCI. Individual gratification on a heavy team based mode has no meaning.

Can the buddyspike guys please place a few Su-33s in a few bases like Maykop and Mozdok and Sochi. Currently only Anapa has Su-33s. It takes an inordinate amount of time to startup and fly to the battle areas if you want to fly a Su33. Pls guys.

+1 fog of war

leave the kill messages to the warthunder fans

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

-1 for kill messages

It also makes IR snapshots a viable tactic where you just launch an IR missile at the enemy, go low or behind a hill and wait for the kill message.

Precisely what I did 2 days ago lol.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

lol what is happening to blue. I haven't played in a week or so as I am busy. At one point I was considering joining red.... and now blue is done for :lol: If they survive another day I' ll be able to help out

'Shadow'

Is there something we can do to help you guys analyze the performance? There was pretty bad warping last night when the server had just restarted. Also I was flying from kutaisi and had pretty terrible framerates over ambrolauri farp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk