Gazelle change log

Pat01

Would these updates happen to be in the latest 2.1.1 update (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3264549&postcount=35), even though not mentioned in the Patch Notes?

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was testing the Gazelle in 2.1.1 today a bit.

Corrected Collective effect is really cool. :thumbup: If you cut off power or raise it to hard the Gazelle is falling down to the right or pushing to the left side.

The sound bug after death is STILL there. :cry:

The exterior sound of the gazelle is a bit tinny in my opinion. :(

It seems that i can do some flight maneuvers better than bevor.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Was testing the Gazelle in 2.1.1 today a bit.

Corrected Collective effect is really cool. If you cut off power or raise it to hard the Gazelle is falling down to the right or pushing to the left side.

The sound bug after death is STILL there.

The exterior sound of the gazelle is a bit tinny in my opinion.

It seems that i can do some flight maneuvers better than bevor.

Bollocks.. had a free evening today and then I messed up the update (updated another program at the same time, which rebooted my computer mid install of DCS and then got stuck into update loop... deleted the cache and repaired now and hoping everything will go smoothly now).

Anyone on ED or Polychop willing to take the blame, so I can rant on your stupidity instead of facing the fact that it was my own fault? I mean, you guys must be used to that...

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

One word.... Amazing! The flight model changes today have given this helicopter a completely different feel. It turns so much better! No idea what you have done but it's working. I've been critical of the flight model in the past but want to thank you for sticking with it and fixing many of the issues I've mentioned. This is a major improvement.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Looking forward to taking the Gazelle out after the update when I get back into town tomorrow. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Tested today! I must say it's muuuuuch better and feeling more natural! Really well done Polychop!

Behavior during turns is much smoother and you have more control over the aircraft. It's not forcing you to counter your inputs that much anymore.

Still not at the end though, but it's totally going in the right direction! I'm back in it from now on!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Tested today! I must say it's muuuuuch better and feeling more natural! Really well done Polychop!

Behavior during turns is much smoother and you have more control over the aircraft. It's not forcing you to counter your inputs that much anymore.

Still not at the end though, but it's totally going in the right direction! I'm back in it from now on!

Okay just a lounge chair pilot but yes the Gazelle seems more confident not as inclined to flip in tight roll turns, more organic and I can only refer to flying with no AP or trim but still find the cyclic input to be biased to electrical centre position. Even from 70% fuel to 10% with no change in CG or balance point?

I find it's handling to be different and seems more natural and I even have to work to get the Gazelle to do things that might have been more synthetic previously. :D

Maybe more of a sense of centre of gravity when throwing the Gazelle around.

IGE I'm not sure sorry still getting used to extra/different lift but still doesn't seem right for me. :helpsmilie:

For me it feels better , Thanks. :thumbup:

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Okay just a lounge chair pilot but yes the Gazelle seems more confident not as inclined to flip in tight roll turns, more organic and I can only refer to flying with no AP or trim but still find the cyclic input to be biased to electrical centre position. Even from 70% fuel to 10% with no change in CG or balance point?

I find it's handling to be different and seems more natural and I even have to work to get the Gazelle to do things that might have been more synthetic previously. :D

Maybe more of a sense of centre of gravity when throwing the Gazelle around.

IGE I'm not sure sorry still getting used to extra/different lift but still doesn't seem right for me. :helpsmilie:

For me it feels better , Thanks. :thumbup:

A Fuel State (70% or 10%) in a helo doesn't nessecarily change the CG. But i agree with you the neutral position of the cyclic still doesn't change depending on the airspeed you want to fly. Meaning if i fly 60KIAS the stick should be more in it's central position while flying 130KIAS it should shift fwd. By the way, i can't trim via china hat - anybody else having this problem?

For IGE and ground cushion i also think it's too less. I have the feeling that if you take her into a hover from ground on, there is a certain amount of cushion. But if you land and let her drop into the cushion it's somehow not powerful enough to counter your sinkrate. But: At this point, even as a real Pilot who has never flown the Gaz, i would say it could be perfectly possible that it is like that in real world. And i really can live with it.

Nevertheless: The Gazelle is way more managable now and Polychop already stated that this ain't the final stage. But for me (and i was very critical about it) they proved that they are listining to the community and are reviewing and reflecting their product in a proper way. Even if it took them very long, the last couple of updates have shown, that they are on it.

For the time beeing, i am happy that it just makes fun again to fly this little beast.

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Nevertheless: The Gazelle is way more managable now and Polychop already stated that this ain't the final stage. But for me (and i was very critical about it) they proved that they are listining to the community and are reviewing and reflecting their product in a proper way. Even if it took them very long, the last couple of updates have shown, that they are on it.

For the time beeing, i am happy that it just makes fun again to fly this little beast.

AMEN!:thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

It`s really more sensitive now... and I just love it...

But does the SAS work now? I don`t feel any different now when I push the auto pilot master button and the three small needles don`t change...

But I really love this bird...

Honestly, I don't perceive any major differences. I haven't flown it in a long time, so maybe I'm not picking up on something.

Either way, I'd say any improvements are subtle...

edit:

Are we sure the Gaz updates went through with the update on the 11th? Why aren't they listed on the update notes...seems like a major change to miss on the list...?

Edited by Scarecrow84

For the people that do not feel any difference, please be aware that the current changes only apply to DCS 2.1 , NOT for DCS 1.5.7 yet.

There is for sure a difference, guarranted

Yes, I was testing it in updated 2.1, and so was the poster on Reddit who couldn't tell a difference either.

A Fuel State (70% or 10%) in a helo doesn't nessecarily change the CG. But i agree with you the neutral position of the cyclic still doesn't change depending on the airspeed you want to fly. Meaning if i fly 60KIAS the stick should be more in it's central position while flying 130KIAS it should shift fwd. By the way, i can't trim via china hat - anybody else having this problem?

For IGE and ground cushion i also think it's too less. I have the feeling that if you take her into a hover from ground on, there is a certain amount of cushion. But if you land and let her drop into the cushion it's somehow not powerful enough to counter your sinkrate. But: At this point, even as a real Pilot who has never flown the Gaz, i would say it could be perfectly possible that it is like that in real world. And i really can live with it.

Neglecting weapons (which also affect CG) as the fuel is located aft of the cabin essentially under the the transmission as fuel is consumed the CG should move forward which means some aft cyclic is needed to maintain balance. As best I understand it.

Yes IGE feels different between sinking into IGE and pick up into IGE however the effect does change from MTOW down to low fuel and may be related to it being underpowered @ MTOW.

By comparison an R44 feels solid hovering at both OGE and IGE and very controllable when setting down. maybe I just need more stick time with both. :D:pilotfly:

Agree the Gazelle is getting better and that is awesome. :thumbup:

Yes, I was testing it in updated 2.1, and so was the poster on Reddit who couldn't tell a difference either.

Some aspects are only subtle, others well more pronounced.

There is a much reduced tendency to flip when doing hard turns, i.e. coming up to 90deg roll is much more controllable.

Ground effect is stronger.

More pronounced torque effect at low speed.

Roll associated with application/reduction of collective. That got me the first time I dropped the collective in flight.

To do horizontal spins you now have to work for it using cyclic and collective to keep the AC balanced as you rotate where as before you could pretty much get away with just application of torque pedal.

There's more and I need more time to get a feel for it.

Also there now seems to be more of a tendency for dynamic rollover when doing skid landings anyone else notice that?

Edited by FragBum
<typo>

The Gazelle rebirth!

I had a quick test flight yesterday and really enjoyed it.

She finally has that "DCS feel" she was lacking.

Great job Polychop!

Its what I found too. Good job Devs :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neglecting weapons (which also affect CG) as the fuel is located aft of the cabin essentially under the the transmission as fuel is consumed the CG should move forward which means some aft cyclic is needed to maintain balance. As best I understand it.

Yes IGE feels different between sinking into IGE and pick up into IGE however the effect does change from MTOW down to low fuel and may be related to it being underpowered @ MTOW.

By comparison an R44 feels solid hovering at both OGE and IGE and very controllable when setting down. maybe I just need more stick time with both. :D:pilotfly:

Agree the Gazelle is getting better and that is awesome. :thumbup:

The impact on CG is directly proportional to the distance from the fuel tank to CG point of the aircraft. It's like the tank is on a lever. The further the tank is the longer the lever arm and the more impact fuel level has on CG In practical terms the tank is so close to the CG that the lever arm is very short and has little impact on CG until it gets very close to empty. That's why the tankage is placed where it is.

AOG