Thrustmaster Warthog Slew Controls Inverted?

INFIDEL

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased the Warthog Thrustmaster Hotas and it was essentially a plug and play setup aside from a few controls.

- Coolie hat up

- left throttle button was also trigger

Question: Are the slew controls supposed to be inverted(up/down) or is this just an error?

I've read a lot of negative comments about the slew controls on this HOTAS when trying to search for an answer to my question but that is besides the point.

I would like to keep controls mirrored to the actual A10c but it would nice if I could adjust this setup.

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased the Warthog Thrustmaster Hotas and it was essentially a plug and play setup aside from a few controls.

- Coolie hat up

- left throttle button was also trigger

Question: Are the slew controls supposed to be inverted(up/down) or is this just an error?

I've read a lot of negative comments about the slew controls on this HOTAS when trying to search for an answer to my question but that is besides the point.

I would like to keep controls mirrored to the actual A10c but it would nice if I could adjust this setup.

They are inverted but you can talk to your maintainers and buy them a bottle of Scotch.

Just so you are aware, the DCS version of the slew probably should be fixed. It performs very poorly in comparison to the real deal. The Thrustmaster throttle additionally has the Stick that protrudes from the mold of that slew. So imagine that mold without the protruding stick that moves around. Much more comfortable and easy to control, inverted or not.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Edited by A10Yoda

They are inverted but you can talk to your maintainers and buy them a bottle of Scotch.

Just so you are aware, the DCS version of the slew probably should be fixed. It performs very poorly in comparison to the real deal. The Thrustmaster throttle additionally has the Stick that protrudes from the mold of that slew. So imagine that mold without the protruding stick that moves around. Much more comfortable and easy to control, inverted or not.

A bottle of Single Barrel Balvenie Caribbean Cask it is.

This is more an issue with the HW itself, I wholeheartedly recommend slew upgrade.

Danger zone!

+1 for the Delta Sim upgrade. It is basically just a thumb stick from a console controller, with a lot of throw so much finer control. It was an easy install (no soldering) and makes a big difference. My only issue with it is that I find it hard to push and click without moving the controller in a direction at the same time. I'm sure that will get better with practice.

This is more an issue with the HW itself, I wholeheartedly recommend slew upgrade.

I've heard others recommend this as well.

I watched a video of the Warthog Project on YouTube. He did a before and after of the performance and visually, it looked no different from the before. I'm sure it felt much smoother though and with a few adjustments, would be much better.

So far, the only thing that bothers me is the slew controls begin inverted. I wouldn't imagine this being standard on the real A10c as I could not think of the benefits or tactical advantage of having controls this way.

+1 for the Delta Sim upgrade. It is basically just a thumb stick from a console controller, with a lot of throw so much finer control. It was an easy install (no soldering) and makes a big difference. My only issue with it is that I find it hard to push and click without moving the controller in a direction at the same time. I'm sure that will get better with practice.

I just may have to consider getting this slew upgrade. Thanks for the input!

Another solid recommendation for this upgrade - click and slew definitely gets better with practice

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

So far, the only thing that bothers me is the slew controls begin inverted.

As for the inverted axis, I commonly find it to be the case of brakes on some aircraft and I have to manually invert them in the settings. Recently I noticed it's still a thing as I was re-mapping some controls. I really don't know what determines it, or why is this even happening but it does so … shrug. You set it once and don't touch for a while usually.

Danger zone!

Bear in mind that the slew upgrade is made in batches, so if you want it order earlier rather than later.

I fitted this some years ago and it makes control of the radar cursor and maverick view what it should have been with the stock hog.

Incidently I also use for directional thrusters during parking in Elite Dangerous as it gives supreme control...:thumbup:

Incidently I also use for directional thrusters during parking in Elite Dangerous as it gives supreme control...:thumbup:

Yep, since I did the upgrade I'm using it for thrusters as well. Also FSS movement and so on, it's simply a controller thumbstick which is always handy. The original quasi mouse was never good in any application, to begin with. It's a bit strange that Thrustmaster never decided to replace it.

Danger zone!

• 7 months later...

I recently got the TM Throttle and have no problems with the stock slew and the A10-C II.

I used my VKB MCG analog ministick to slew before (it is working great) and I do not feel the stock slew of the TM Throttle is bad in comparision. In fact I like it a lot too.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS