DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

We see on this forum a clear dissatisfaction of the community with regard to the development of the Mi-24 module.

And this has actually been going on for almost a year. What was ED's reaction to that? NOTHING and "just wait and under development". High priority? hahahaha

I also went through this frustration but now I know that the communication of ED does not mean much anymore to the relevance of the information given because "Everything is subject to change" ... And also noted that our discontent has remained without no reaction from Matt or from others ED developers...

For 2019 I don't expect anything about the Mi-24. Unlike ED annoucement, the information provided by the third party projects are generally correct. I'm looking forward to the arrival of the F-14. If announced before the end of March 2019, I am almost certain that this will be a reality! We can thank Headblur for its generally reliable information ... unlike others...

That's the hard reality my friends... Many of us dream of the Mi-24, but who are we compared to the fans of the F-18 and F-16?

Let's finish with a positive note, 2018 still saw the birth of new beautiful DCS products and for that we can thanks ED.

Our Hind passion had no limits but it's always be difficult to please everyone ..Hope is what makes us live!

I will keep a bottle of champagne in my fridge not to celebrate the arrival of 2019 but to enjoy the day when I will spend my euros for the Mi-24 module (even a beta version lolll)!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

In the meantime, we can always expect a more detailed communication from ED for the end of the year...

I have only one wish for 2019: to be able to fly this beautiful Hind in the Caucasus, above Nevada, in the Persian Gulf and in many other new maps that await us in the future...

Looking forward to DCS in 2019

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/01/01/looking-forward-to-2019-in-dcs-world/

Hind & Cobra

"Fans of rotary-wing aircraft should have some news to look forward to in 2019 as well with the Mi-24P Hind gunship being another module that may release in this year."

I just upraded my PC...Now I am ready for the Mi-24 module.

In 2019...mmmm...."Inch Allah"

mmmmmm

DCS World Newsletter - 4 January 2019 from Chizh

DCS: Mi-24P Hind

We have certainly not forgotten about all the rotor-heads! Work continues the deadly Mi-24P HIND. Using many of the same systems as the Mi-8MTV2, this project is well underway and will be a great addition to the stable of DCS World helicopters.

With the advancements in our terrain technology and the ability to create much more detailed low-altitude environments, the HIND will be a joy to fly. Combining both gunship and troop-carry abilities, the Mi-24P will certainly result in outstanding missions and campaigns.

Being a two-seat aircraft, the HIND will be a particularly interesting aircraft to fly with a friend online.

Notting more...

I just noted that a calendar was given for some projects but notting for the Mi-24, work continue (maybe as same as during 2018 cry.gif)

- MiG-19P by RAZBAM will be coming later this month!

- F-14 before the end of winter

- DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, DCS: de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI, and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Shrike : These three of these aircraft are well underway and we plan to release or more in 2019.

Capture.JPG.e5e4fed1d3a979017f93b3531ef954dd.JPG

Atleast it did not get put on the backburner like for example the Phantom. I'm pretty confident we'll see an EA or atleast an announcement of EA for the Hind this year.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

They added the WIP shot of cockpit a little later too.

If it's a screenshot of the current status of the Hind project, for sure..2 more years !cry.gif

But indeed this is the first screenshot of the beast...Maybe not the last one in 2019...Hope so...

Edited by Razorback

If it's a screenshot of the current status of the Hind project, for sure..2 more years !cry.gif

But indeed this first screenshot of the beast...Maybe not the last one in 2019...Hope so...

Yeah, looks like no Mi-24 this year, 2020 if we are lucky.

Then the Mi-8 is looking forward to even more flying hours.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If it's a screenshot of the current status of the Hind project, for sure..2 more years !

But indeed this first screenshot of the beast...Maybe not the last one in 2019...Hope so...

Yeah, honestly I was a bit disappointed because I thought (from the recent comms) they were much farther with the project. Probably we'll get the next pieces of hype somewhere in Fall 2019.

Of course it's possible that for some strange reason the cockpit textures just aren't ready. Or that they plan to pick up steam with the project but I think that's even less likely. If you give in to wishful thinking you're going to have an extremely painful journey with DCS.

The better terrain meshes and trees or whatnot is already in the engine and being used today. Come to think of it if they continue these improvements then helicopters can be quite interesting in DCS. And possibly with CA + dynamic campaign being upgraded. Going to take a few years at least … you can dream but remember what I said on wishful thinking ;)

Mi-24 being intended for multicrew is a very positive note for almost any DCS player though!

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

That single image basically killed the last bit of hope for me.

By looking at that single screen of a pretty poor render, with no textures or no materials - it is pretty clear that we wont see the Hind any time soon.

I am not expecting it 2019 and 2020 is doubtful.

I mean.. seriously... that image looks like something someone threw togeather this afternoon.

And I have worked with 3D sculpting... this is not a project that has come very far, I can promise you that.

That's like... 3 -4 hours of work tops, depending of the skill of the 3D artist.

big :cry_2: for me

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

That single image basically killed the last bit of hope for me.

By looking at that single screen of a pretty poor render, with no textures or no materials - it is pretty clear that we wont see the Hind any time soon.

I am not expecting it 2019 and 2020 is doubtful.

I mean.. seriously... that image looks like something someone threw togeather this afternoon.

And I have worked with 3D sculpting... this is not a project that has come very far, I can promise you that.

That's like... 3 -4 hours of work tops, depending of the skill of the 3D artist.

big :cry_2: for me

I'm an avid AH-1 guy and how long have been waiting for these? 5 years now?

Sadly rotories are even more niche compared to fixed wings I understand EDs business choice of putting these on backburner.

I understand some of us are disappointed and are and have been exited about the Hind (incuding me) but i think that the latest update is no reason for beeing pessimistic.

as Stratos mentioned this "mi-24--" was mentioned by Matt Wagner on 31. December 2017 in:

and i also found the Belsimtec Holiday Post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199032

So what i see is that a hull of probably a Mi-24P is existing since 31.Dec.17, as well that the Holiday Post shows, that there is lot of "non visible" work is going on. For me this means that the development is more advanced than the single image of the cockpit shows.

It´ll sure take its time, not less than a year, but its worth it, cause the quality we will recive will match or outstand the mi-8 qualitiy, which for me is one of the best and my favorite.

p.thumb.PNG.548e3ee173d9f359bcd480810999be08.PNG

I'm an avid AH-1 guy and how long have been waiting for these? 5 years now?

Well, we've been waiting for the Hind for how long now? 10 years? I mean -if I remember correctly - it's been winter 2009, when ED showed us this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=18175&d=1215631231

Together with F-16 and AH-64A cockpits.

And by the way, I think, it's hilarious, how this ol' Mi-24P gunner cockpit looks way more finished, than the pilot's cockpit, the picture of we got recently. I mean, that was, like half a year, after the BlackShark 1 got released, and they had already that much 3d work done (for 3 different aicraft mind you) ;)

Sadly rotories are even more niche compared to fixed wings

So verry sad... because it's so very true. :(

I understand EDs business choice of putting these on backburner.

Well, that depends - they still sorta got competition in the "Fast-mover departament", and they've got some serious competition in the "WWII departament", but what sort of competition do they have in the "Rotaries departament"?

* EEAH/EECH 1.16? Still alive, but with that FM - c'mon.

* ArmA2? We're talking real flight sims here. ;)

* ToH? Died in it's infancy.

* Arma3? Well, MP coops with that ToH FM are fun, but it's still far from DCS FM and the DM is second to none - good luck trying to autorotate those birds! And I won't even get into the "choice" BIS with those fantasy whirlys, they put there, but let me just say this - if the Comanche is the closest to R/L thing, you get in your game, then how realistic the game really is?

* CombatHelo? Dead before even got finished.

* XP 10/11? OK, this one has some serious strong points, and Mins' Mi-2 is really awesome, but still it's a civvie-aircraft sim, so no real competition. I mean, it's the type of sim worth having as a complement and not an alternative to DCS.

* FSX/PED? Again: c'mon - it's a civvie again, plus aside from some notable mentions (namely Dodo's 206 and few HTR-modded models), helicopters in there fly no more realisticly, than in ArmA2.

* Aaaaand I think that's about it.

What I'm trying to say here, is that even though rotorcraft essentially are a niche within a niche, there's no real competition to dilude the potential customer base and divert it from ED. DCS essentialy has the very best helicopter modelling ever, period. Gazelle, UH-1, even the Mi-8 and Ka-50 may not have been wise choices from the marketing point of view, but let them release something popular with 'the crowd', like the Hind, Cobra, Apache or Havoc, and I'm pretty shure, the money will flow. I mean Hind, or even Apache may not generate more income, than the Bug, or the upcoming Falcon, but based on it's popularity, I think, it will generate enough buck, to be considered serious and profitable investment. Would be even more so, if ED and BST had chosen Mi-24V, insted of "P" and AH-1T or "W", instead of "F", but still I magine those birds will sell nicely.

Edited by [105]-Rahon

-Rahon;3750617']Well, we've been waiting for the Hind for how long now? 10 years? I mean -if I remember correctly - it's been winter 2009, when ED showed us this:

And by the way, I think, it's hilarious, how this ol' Mi-24P gunner cockpit looks way more finished, than the pilot's cockpit, the picture of we got recently. I mean, that was, like half a year, after the BlackShark 1 got released, and they had already that much 3d work done (for 3 different aicraft mind you) ;)

So verry sad... because it's so very true. :(

Well, that depends - they still sorta got competition in the "Fast-mover departament", and they've got some serious competition in the "WWII departament", but what sort of competition do they have in the "Rotaries departament"?

* EEAH/EECH 1.16? Still alive, but with that FM - c'mon.

* ArmA2? We're talking real flight sims here. ;)

* ToH? Died in it's infancy.

* Arma3? Well, MP coops with that ToH FM are fun, but it's still far from DCS FM and the DM is second to none - good luck trying to autorotate those birds! And I won't even get into the "choice" BIS with those fantasy whirlys, they put there, but let me just say this - if the Comanche is the closest to R/L thing, you get in your game, then how realistic the game really is?

* CombatHelo? Dead before even got finished.

* XP 10/11? OK, this one has some serious strong points, and Mins' Mi-2 is really awesome, but still it's a civvie-aircraft sim, so no real competition. I mean, it's the type of sim worth having as a complement and not an alternative to DCS.

* FSX/PED? Again: c'mon - it's a civvie again, plus aside from some notable mentions (namely Dodo's 206 and few HTR-modded models), helicopters in there fly no more realisticly, than in ArmA2.

* Aaaaand I think that's about it.

What I'm trying to say here, is that even though rotorcraft essentially are a niche within a niche, there's no real competition to dilude the potential customer base and divert it from ED. DCS essentialy has the very best helicopter modelling ever, period. Gazelle, UH-1, even the Mi-8 and Ka-50 may not have been wise choices from the marketing point of view, but let them release something popular with 'the crowd', like the Hind, Cobra, Apache or Havoc, and I'm pretty shure, the money will flow. I mean Hind, or even Apache may not generate more income, than the Bug, or the upcoming Falcon, but based on it's popularity, I think, it will generate enough buck, to be considered serious and profitable investment. Would be even more so, if ED and BST had chosen Mi-24V, insted of "P" and AH-1T or "W", instead of "F", but still I magine those birds will sell nicely.

+1 Well you sniped the problem very nicely :gun_sniper:.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

-Rahon;3750617']Well, we've been waiting for the Hind for how long now? 10 years? I mean -if I remember correctly - it's been winter 2009, when ED showed us this:

Now this really IS hilarious! I found Wags' post with the aforementioned Hind cockpit:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=343

Notice the date - July 2008. This not only makes it already 10 years old, but allso it's been posted 3 months BEFORE DCS BS1 got even released! To rephrase the catchphrase from Jurassic Park trailer: A helicopter 10 years in the making.

Maybe they want to meet the time of development of the real Mi-24? Man! That's some serious approach to realism. :lol:

+1 Well you sniped the problem very nicely :gun_sniper:.

Thanks, mate!

Edited by [105]-Rahon

Chizh has announced on the russian forum that the AH-1 is not planned for 2019.

I hope that it will not be the same announcement for the Mi-24... If they really don't want to forget their rotor-heads (but all is subject to change, we know it's only planning !!!)...

Now only two RW projects seem to be still ongoing :

- The BO-105 & the Mi-24 Hind

Edited by Razorback

Do you guys reckon they will give the MI-24P the capability to take R-60/M missiles? It seems as if it could equip them, though I guess it wasn't a common practise since theres not all that many images out there showing off the A2A capacity of the helo. Might make a good tradeoff, Two R-60M missiles at the expense of 4 Shturm or rocket pods.

st18.jpg.183303109744c50c180599f2e5349603.jpg

Do you guys reckon they will give the MI-24P the capability to take R-60/M missiles? It seems as if it could equip them, though I guess it wasn't a common practise since theres not all that many images out there showing off the A2A capacity of the helo. Might make a good tradeoff, Two R-60M missiles at the expense of 4 Shturm or rocket pods.

R-60 can't kill a mosquito, not saying about common fly, so compared to Shturms it is a quite a loss.

If you would have been lucky, you could kill a fighter by Shturm. There were engagements in DCS World, where p00r F-15C was killed by Vikhr fired by Ka-50.

Not saying about dozen of even more pooooor A-10C which died.

But so far I know nobody who died, being killed by R-60.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Chizh has announced on the russian forum that the AH-1 is not planned for 2019.

I hope that it will not be the same announcement for the Mi-24... If they really don't want to forget their rotor-heads (but all is subject to change, we know it's only planning !!!)...

Now only two RW projects seem to be still ongoing :

- The BO-105 & the Mi-24 Hind

Kiowa Warrior. Though Bo-105 is dead in my books, so maybe this doesn't make you feel any better :music_whistling:

Also "not planned 2019" is not the same as dead. It may feel it's close... but not quite Sir.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS