[REPORTED] RWS radar stabilization and tracking loss

KungFu

Please provide a short track that demonstrates this using the current release version. We cannot reproduce in the internal build.

Thanks

I've provided 2 tracks which clearly demonstrate the issue, 2nd post in this thread is with the version after the latest update before the last hotfix and my 2nd track upload is the latest version.

If you would like me to perform some more tracks with specific steps I can

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your video does not match my track play back. You lose STT when I am not seeing in my playback.

That's a really strange behaviour. The video is recorded from the track play back. It seem that our DCS installations play the same .trk file in different ways, and I guess this happen to the other tracks posted..

Here is a track file, it is too large to upload via the attachments menu. https://ufile.io/x3ogc

Times of interest: (all in-game time)

01/13:17:45 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:18:40 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:30:00 - everything is working as it should

01/13:33:30 - HUD target icon locked in place

01/13:33:50 - HUD target icon locked in place

If you need me too I can fire up OBS and make a video showing what we are seeing.

I've replayed the track and I had the same problems as you.

Please provide a short track that demonstrates this using the current release version. We cannot reproduce in the internal build.

Thanks

I don't use the release version, but i posted a track and a video showing this problem on page 5. This track is from the current DCS Open Beta Version 2.5.2.19682. I downloaded it a couple minutes ago and replayed it in DCS OB and it showed me the bug, like you can see in the video. I use DCS without mods/scripts....did a repair...

Track and video in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3574243&postcount=45

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Wags do you guys need more track files? It happens to me nearly 50% of the time I fly the f-18c. I am on steam open beta (newest update). Do people that play on stand alone also have the issue? I'm guessing so with the number of people having issues.
I play non steam version and I have this same problem. Its odd ED couldnt reproduce this problem.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Unable to play because you are using a mod. Never use mods if providing testing feedback.

Excuse me, I forget to remove it, now should be without mods

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og2ho96frxuvetn/radarbugnomods.trk?dl=0

I'll upload a video of the track too like as TBear

Edited by PorcoRosso86

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

I am also having some strange issues since one the updates after basic IFF, and I am playing 99% online (havoc server)

-lock freeze, 2 out of 4 times, then you need to unlock and lock (if you can)

-unable to lock if scan line goes from left to right, need to wait for it to go all the way to the right then return left to make good lock

-after unsuccessful lock, if plane is closer than 20nm will vanish from radar, in example flying head on to a Su27, trying to lock him, if it fails, he will no longer be visible on radar

-lock switching from one target to an other, or locks one target but sidewinder circle refuse to fallow that one, and is stuck to an other target, then i need to unlock and lock again for it to jump

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

Hm, i have a S-3 taking off 10 minutes after me from the CV. Coincidence?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I'm not interested in doing any more testing for Eagle. We just stopped playing Hornet. Someone asked me if the Hornet was any good, I told them no, don't get it yet. He didn't. Cause and effect. Had this stuff before with radars and late activation, the right people to understand it, are not reading the thread.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

"Can't reproduce." That's your answer ED? There's an entire community crying out for a fix of a game-breaking bug introduced by your update that wasn't even tested for a single flight. Had you done that, the keybinds bug would have been found. Forgive me for not thinking you have tested very much regarding this topic either.

The community is falling over itself trying to help in fixing the bug, providing track files and descriptions in an effort to help. And your response is "can't reproduce". That is simply offensive and disrespectful to the community.

The community is falling over itself trying to help in fixing the bug, providing track files and descriptions in an effort to help.

Falling over itself with 11 tracks in this thread? No disrespect Sir, but maybe that a bit exaggerated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Falling over itself with 11 tracks in this thread? No disrespect Sir, but maybe that a bit exaggerated.

We are also asking ED for direction on what more they want us to provide, because we've provided ample evidence of an issue in those tracks and videos and I honestly can't understand the "dismissal" of this problem.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

One more track showcasing the bug on current version, quick one with dozens of frozen locks culminating in a WVR engagement ended by a sidewinder boresight kill

Mission is a modified through the inferno with a f-18 hot on the cvn

Mission is multiplayer hosted by myself

server-20180730-235235.trk

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Sorry for being a noob, but when ED says it can't reproduce the problem isn't that because the track system just never worked?

I have some MP tracks from when the bug occurs but if i try to replay them i just get a view of the map with no units or nothing.

But when i change the .trk to .miz i can fly the mission

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Tracks might not replay correct from version to version, depending on what's been changed.

If you mean the game version, its definitely the same version.

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

@Wags if replaying the tracks people have posted doesn't show the problem, I think there's bug in replay. You can't ignore all the videos people have posted though. There is clearly a problem. Please don't ignore it just because it doesn't show up in replay.