Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

UIV

I am interested in all of it except for the rudder pedals. I often fly in my socks and those pedals would just be uncomfortable.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in all of it except for the rudder pedals. I often fly in my socks and those pedals would just be uncomfortable.

VKB HOTAS pairs perfectly with a set of Slaw pedals :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm ordering those slippers!!!!

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

VKB HOTAS pairs perfectly with a set of Slaw pedals
Never heard of Slaw Pedals. I'll check that out.

EDIT:

The look nice, but I have a Volair Sim cockpit frame, and the area for the pedals is too small to fit those I think. I've measured it for the MFG Crosswind pedals and those won't fit.

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Never heard of Slaw Pedals. I'll check that out.

EDIT:

The look nice, but I have a Volair Sim cockpit frame, and the area for the pedals is too small to fit those I think. I've measured it for the MFG Crosswind pedals and those won't fit.

They fit. Check this review: https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/07/new-year-new-500-pedals-reviewing-the-slaw-device-rx-viper/%3Famp%3D1

I know you're from Cbus too, so fair warning, it's not $500 as listed...it's $693 when all is said and done after shipping, fees, etc.

Edit: Sorry for OT, on my phone and wasn't being cognizant of what thread I was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thanks for that link. But each setup is different. And the only way they appear to fit in the Volair Sim pit is if they are placed way at the front of the foot area. My friend in Cincy has a VS pit and has his Crosswinds placed at the front also. So he has to have his seat further back that I do. And in that article you can see in the image that they don't even have the VS pit seat connected to the frame because it is so far away to make the pedals work.

I am always on the lookout for pedals that actually fit comfortably. I emailed the Crosswind manufacturer about this width issue and he is aware and hoped to have some way to make it fit someday.

7ahWh8d.jpg

I love the mold, the shapes design (and not simply going the easy route of releasing one 'block' compared to the competition. I love the ergonomy of the throttle grips along with the modular design.

The buttons choices though I'm not so sure, it seems the emphasis is a tad too much on huge push buttons. I understand the "VR complient" approach but at least a couple of switches would have been nice.

No comment on Europe market availability, I beleive they got the message already, it's just frustrating for us but hopefully VKB will get their product there in time, if not there are options now that'll benefit other manufacturers.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Is it one hat+a ministick or both are ministick?

Is the 2-way switches on the handle on-off or on-off-on?

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

2 mini-stick's that can be used as analog or digital input. Buttons depends on version, check there:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MCG-Announce-Final.jpg

Believe he is asking about the throttle?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

2 mini-stick's that can be used as analog or digital input. Buttons depends on version, check there:

Thank you but I asked about the TECS. :)

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

I really like the vkb pedals they are the best I’ve seen small and compact. I second a good Huey collective with the gunfighter2 mcg and pedals.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

That's a lot of push buttons :huh:

However the concept of modularity is great, I hope we'll get many choices of modules for every slot.

Agree on the amount of push buttons, really hoping that the final version is fitted with many more 3 way switches are those are what I find most often in the jets I fly.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

where do i pay :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

It’s not out yet that’s what I’m trying to find out if there’s a pre release payment I’ve not seen it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

It’s not out yet that’s what I’m trying to find out if there’s a pre release payment I’ve not seen it

This thread was the first announcement. Don't expect it until very late this year if not later, there's no date and there likely won't be for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

From VKB FSC Europe newsletter:

"VKB Throttle unit: is in late design / concept phase. It is being finalized and getting prepared for production. Availability of this new product is currently estimated for Q3 2018."

That's a lot of push buttons :huh:

However the concept of modularity is great, I hope we'll get many choices of modules for every slot.

From VKB FSC Europe newsletter:

"VKB Throttle unit: is in late design / concept phase. It is being finalized and getting prepared for production. Availability of this new product is currently estimated for Q3 2018."

Hell yes! I can't wait for this to come out so that I can add it to my VR pit :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Very much looking forward getting one of these.

One of the few benefits of getting old, (read Jurassic), is that time flies by much quicker than it does for you youngsters ;)

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------