.diff

• ED Team

They are compatible 100% because of OB and Release have the same version:

Latest stable version is 2.5.6.52437

Current openbeta is 2.5.6.52437

Possible causes: wrong file/folder name after copypaste, different Windows version in OB and release.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

They are compatible 100% because of OB and Release have the same version:

Latest stable version is 2.5.6.52437

Current openbeta is 2.5.6.52437

Possible causes: wrong file/folder name after copypaste, different Windows version in OB and release.

Ok I'm sorry but it still isn't compatible.

Different windows version ??

Impossible my stable & OB are on the same PC Different drives & everything is up to date.

I wish I could afford two PC's that would run DCS.

Not wrong file name same file (MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB.diff) tested multiple times. Please see attached images of example as to what is happening.

The 1st pic is of .diff file loaded from F:\Mat Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MY CONTROL SETS The 2nd is loaded from F:\Mat Saved Games\DCS\MY CONTROL SETS

Notice in the 2nd pic the duplicate & missing control bindings.

Tested while running in OB & then stable. got the same result just visa versa.

This is a simple .diff file (control bindings) there should not the compatibility issues that I'm experiencing even when stable & OB are different versions.

good.thumb.png.13ba05ded852c3cf34c256ff05cdb7d3.png

bad.thumb.png.6e2a9cf18bbf4cea416ed8a6bf7dcca0.png

MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB.diff.lua

• ED Team

Then look for the difference between your local OB and release. They have the save versions and they identical by code.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Then look for the difference between your local OB and release. They have the save versions and they identical by code.

?? I'm sorry but that statement doesn't make much sense.

Its pretty obvious that you are not interested in acknowledging the issue.

I'm just reporting a issue I am having & it just seems that it is being completely dismissed.

Edited by mrmat01

Mate, Rik was trying to help you by ensuring both your stable and OB versions were up to date, that's all.

I suggest to merge this thread with mrmat01's initial thread.

I have already mentioned everything is up to date.

I'm sorry but his sentence wasn't helpful.

I did not understand what he was asking/saying. I am describing my issue as best as I can with as much information as I can.

Yes you did give me a suggestion on how to fix it temporarily by renaming a core file. The next time there is an update I have to do it again. :wallbash:

Edited by mrmat01

No, the next updates won't overwrite your .diff.lua, they never will.

That's the beauty of it.

The game holds default bindings in its own .lua files.

The game holds YOUR custom bindings in .diff.lua files.

An update doesn't contain any .diff.lua files. This means an update CANNOT replace your bindings by others.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Just to make sure - did you try to save and load ctrl files on the device-per-device basis? Keyboard diff to keyboard category, throttle diff for throttle, joystick diff to joystick etc? "MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB.diff" sounds very vague and it's not clear which controller this file relates to.

That being said, copying the whole input folder between OB and stable Saved Games locations has always been working for me, but then I never tinkered with default folder structure (C:\Users\[my profile]\Saved Games). You have apparently (F:\Mat Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\) and maybe the game can't load diffs, because it can't find them where they're supposed to be?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.