** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

No updates today?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

No.

And since Normandy is being released next week, I guess there won't be an update to 1.5 either.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

They skipped again an update for Viggen :)

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

They skipped again an update for Viggen :)

Only thing new is a fix for the issue with compass/navigation (a buffer overflow). I believe there was some graphic update as well.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

For DCS 1.5.X ??

Great news HF, could I ask for a picture for us 1.5 pilots?

Will do. For now, just know that you need to be in Logarithmic mode and have your contrast turned up. Forests show up as blank/bright because they don't give uniform returns, and cities show up as darker in log mode (though you can't see them in linear mode).

The thing that still trips me out is that the Viggen radar display is backwards to what I'm used to; I'm used to a bright spot being a return and dark being blank.

EDIT: Screenshots enclosed (radar is superimposed for clarity):

Flying over the Isle of Wight. Circled are the forests and how they display on the radar.

Screen_170529_003412_zpso5aobgo1.jpg~original

Approaching the Normandy coast. Caen is circled on the radar display.

Screen_170529_003821_zpsuwl8jlts.jpg~original

Closer to Caen and zoomed in, you can see the river flowing through Caen and Caen's definition, which matches the view from the cockpit.

Screen_170529_004004_zpsoqbv59cd.jpg~original

Edited by Home Fries
Pictures as promised

The thing that still trips me out is that the Viggen radar display is backwards to what I'm used to; I'm used to a bright spot being a return and dark being blank.

Yeah, and the funny thing is, in terrain avoidance mode, dark areas are radar shadows, i.e. behind mountains, and everything bright is where you get returns...

Will do. For now, just know that you need to be in Logarithmic mode and have your contrast turned up. Forests show up as blank/bright because they don't give uniform returns, and cities show up as darker in log mode (though you can't see them in linear mode).

EDIT: Screenshots enclosed (radar is superimposed for clarity):

Well now that's interesting! I don't own Normandy, but is there any tarmac runway to check if also they are now reflecting the radar? It's strange that it works for cities in Normandy but doesn't in Nevada..

Indeed if the new engine fixes Viggen's A-G radar engine limitations, well, that's an unexpected nice surprise!

Regards

Well now that's interesting! I don't own Normandy, but is there any tarmac runway to check if also they are now reflecting the radar? It's strange that it works for cities in Normandy but doesn't in Nevada..

Indeed if the new engine fixes Viggen's A-G radar engine limitations, well, that's an unexpected nice surprise!

Regards

I do recall seeing a difference in return for a runway area. It isn't all that defined because the runways aren't concrete, but it is enough to see the runway's rough orientation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are updates installed automatically in 1.5? If not, where do I find them?

I still have a problem with the datapanel, the keys dont reset when you assign them to a keyboard-button. Has this been fixed? Is it in the pipeline?

Yes, they are installed automatically. No, this issue hasn't been fixed yet, despite several reports.

If you're tired waiting for heatblur to do their job, you can fix this yourself: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181723

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Viggen is almost unplayable in its current state

:noexpression:

Come on, I've learned to take off/land the thing, hit targets with all kinds of weapons, and even mess with the data panel. One cannot say the Viggen is "almost unplayable". I'd rather say "on its way to completion".

Nevertheless, I agree that we need some kind of a roadmap to keep being patient.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

:noexpression:

Come on, I've learned to take off/land the thing, hit targets with all kinds of weapons, and even mess with the data panel. One cannot say the Viggen is "almost unplayable". I'd rather say "on its way to completion".

Nevertheless, I agree that we need some kind of a roadmap to keep being patient.

You misunderstood...there is a bug that affects the radar compass and waypoint systems that locks them in place rendering the navigation system unusable in 1.5. It is extremely difficult to fly as it is intended in multiplayer with these limitations. You are stuck using mavericks since everything else relies on the targeting/nav computer.

Try the cold start mission in the instant action and you'll see what I'm talking about. If it doesn't get broken for you please let us know what you did so we can try to recreate a workaround.

Edited by AbortedMan

Any chance we can get this thread updated with the upcoming fixes? Viggen is almost unplayable in its current state and I'd like to get some visibility on the upcoming improvements.

Lol same kind of flamewarlord in this thread as in the blueflag thread ?

Enlight us with your great wisdom what the frame should do but doesnt ! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Lol same kind of flamewarlord in this thread as in the blueflag thread ?

Enlight us with your great wisdom what the frame should do but doesnt ! :lol:

Why are you acting as if there isn't an issue? You've personally replied on the other bug report threads discussing this very issue.

Please explain how my post (or any of my posts) was a flame to anyone. If I've been offensive I apologize and would like an explanation of how.

I am just looking for current information on fixes for the module I purchased in the thread that was created to give current information on fixes for the module I purchased.

With regards to the blue flag thread, you mistake a difference in opinion and discussion to support said opinion as flaming. Just because people are disagreeing doesn't mean anyone is a bad person.