Your best experience in DCS, both solo and multiplayer

wedge_one

As the title says, what was your best experience in DCS, both solo and multiplayer? Which campaign, DLC or not, or single mission you enjoyed the most? Same for multiplayer, which server or event gave you the best experience in DCS so far?

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

The day I flew the A10C for the 1st time in my ORift. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I rarely fly singleplayer apart from the odd training mission or test. On the MP-side the Red Flag Reality event was an interesting one.

Apart from competitions I enjoy it every time when I see my fellow squadron mates learning something new. Quite a lot of players stay in the "weapon systems only" area, when there is so much more to military air operations, let alone flying itself. Spicing up fellow players' gameplay by providing ATC services is also one of my guilty pleasures and is a heck of a time with SimpleRadio.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Singleplayer: I rarely fly SP, but when I do, I currently really enjoy the Museum Relic campaign.

Multiplayer: BlueFlag, by far! It really lifted the DCS experience to a whole new level!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Flying and exploring the new caucasus tomorrow in my Oculus Rift. Hahahaha. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Flying the Spitfire in VR in both SP and mostly MP with Jafa's great sound mod. Blows me away every time......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I was just coming to start a new thread to report my best experience, which just happened. I flew an F-15 at around 1900 hours, from Rouen to Le Havre NOE on the Seine River. Yep.. that's it! I know it's crazy. I've had some great times in multiplayer and I've been flying sims since the 90s, to include ball sims when I was in the USN... but tonight flying along the Seine with Oculus Rif was the best experience I've ever had. Thanks ED!

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Best SP Experience(s): Any time I figure out something new in the Mission Editor and actually get the AI to do my bidding!

Best MP Experience: Probably the time I managed to trash an entire Red Side Listening Post on Constant Conflict in an A-10C and then plinking a couple of vehicles and avoiding enemy fighters on egress by staying down in the weeds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

SEAD ops in a Su-25T, getting chased by an Su-27 who had expended his missiles trying to get me (I was about 10ft AGL and 1100kmh weaving through streets and trees). He stopped shooting, I couldn't see him, thought he gave up and leveled out. I glanced right a few seconds later and he was in formation off my right wingtip, just a couple meters away looking at me. I panicked and jerked the stick too hard snapping my wing off (25 will roll or pull, but not both so suddenly).

I also once pulled a hammerhead on a Sukhoi under similar circumstances another time, but I was a bit calmer and got him with the 73s when we came out of it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

MP: Flying combat missions with my wingmates in a totally human controlled scenario.

SP: Learning to fly the KA 50 and Mi8.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Multiplayer - I once got to 21-0 on the 104th server flying solo one evening after a day at the office. I've gotten to 10-15 kills with 0 losses many times, but I remember the anticipation and nerves building steadily as the kills kept racking up. I flew extremely aggressively all night and I got out of a lot of situations I shouldn't have, and it was a TON of fun.

I also remember a lot of my early sorties online in MP when I first found DCS. I wasn't very good, or good at all really, but some of those times I can remember vividly like they were yesterday.

Solo: Never had a single memorable moment flying single player. I find it to be brutally boring for the most part, except to learn new tasks via repetition (landings, AAR, etc)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440