RAZBAM A-29B Supertucano

Prowler111

The Super Tucano I personally look forward to more than the other RAZBAM modules in the pipeline. It's unique in DCS since it's a turboprop, and sporting a modern, full glass cockpit. That's something I'd love to see above everything else.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We keep working on it but a modern and scarce aircraft presents some challenges that we need to overcome. Sometimes we wait long periods to gather information from our sources. The exterior model is basically done but some functionality of it, needs refining. As soon as I have something worth showing we will certainly share it guys.

Jose Valdez. A-29 3D modeler.

We keep working on it but a modern and scarce aircraft presents some challenges that we need to overcome. Sometimes we wait long periods to gather information from our sources. The exterior model is basically done but some functionality of it, needs refining. As soon as I have something worth showing we will certainly share it guys.

Jose Valdez. A-29 3D modeler.

Thanks for the update.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The Super Tucano I personally look forward to more than the other RAZBAM modules in the pipeline. It's unique in DCS since it's a turboprop, and sporting a modern, full glass cockpit. That's something I'd love to see above everything else.

:thumbup::thumbup: Me too, the only model in the near future I will spend money on. Maybe the F-14 when it is bug free next year summer. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Can they give it to other dev so they can finish it?!! This is ridiculous cause other devs can't make the Tucano cause Razbam already saying its their!! Really ridiculous

Pretty sure ED has not given them a license for the A-29B yet so if some other team somehow has one 90% complete they could submit it to ED & get the license. The only unreleased modules RAZBAM seems to hold the license for are the MiG-19P/S, MiG-23MLA, & F-15E.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Pretty sure ED has not given them a license for the A-29B yet so if some other team somehow has one 90% complete they could submit it to ED & get the license. The only unreleased modules RAZBAM seems to hold the license for are the MiG-19P/S, MiG-23MLA, & F-15E.

For my knowledge they already got licensed from ED that's why they went ahead with the development.

But taking that long with a module like the Tucano not very complicated like others its really shame!

At least if they can't do it just truly announce it and let other devs maybe Heatblur to take over.

THANK GOD the F-14 not been assigned for Razbam.

For my knowledge they already got licensed from ED that's why they went ahead with the development.

But taking that long with a module like the Tucano not very complicated like others its really shame!

At least if they can't do it just truly announce it and let other devs maybe Heatblur to take over.

The A-29 is far from "not very complicated" it is a modern ground attack air craft with glass cockpit, guided bombs and FLIR.

Other devs are not interested in this model. And Heatblur can't do everything this community want's them to do. This "let Heatblur do it!" thing is getting ridiculous.

Show me the evidence that they got licensed by ED then. I have seen none.

Also modules are not assigned to developers, developers decide on a module & ask for the license.

They are probably going to finish the MiG-19P/S then move on to the F-15E & MiG-23MLA before they get to the Super Tucano.

They only have 1 or 2 coders & one of them is supposed to be busy full time with the AV-8B NA afaik.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

It looks to me like, Razbam has decided to first push out modules that they believe to be better sellers. Harrier, Strike Eagle etc. In a sense, ED is doing the same thing: they have pushed F-4E back in favor of F-16C (much to my chagrin... but oh well...).

MiG-19 is a special case, since the team that is doing it and will then do the MiG-23 is a separate one. But they seem to have posponed many others like Mirage III, A-7, and A-6. All which I would be more interested in compared to Harrier or Strike Eagle.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock into the thought of devs calling dibs on aircraft just by saying they are doing them. Back when DCS was first being opened to 3rd party devs, both IRIS and Razbam announced F-15E. A team was doing an L-39 when ED suddenly released theirs. Razbam said they would make A-6E, but now Heatblur also say that they are developing an AI model for it, and hope to eventually turn it into a module. There was a time when 3 different devs were hinting at a possible Tornado (which, so far, has come to naught).

Finally, they have decided to focus on finishing the Mirage and Harrier after receiving some flak. I believe this is a good idea. It takes some of the available coding resource Razbam has.

Well, far be it from me to presume running someone else's business. But as an outsider's opinion, I think Razbam would be better off getting an additional coder or two instead of 3d artists. Even if part time, they might have sped up Razbam's module output considerably.

But then again, putting out modules back to back with just a couple months in between would probably mean making your own products compete with each other in such a niche market like combat flight sims.

Oh well... I didn't intend this to be so long... long in short, I wouldn't be worried about an aircraft not being developed by others just because one developer was doing it at one time. Also, Razbam isn't the only dev who change priorities of their projects in favor of more popular ones.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yea I wish the F-4E was coming out sooner, though I wouldn't mind waiting if I could also get a modernized Phantom like the F-4EJ Kai, F-4E Peace Icarus 2000, or F-4 Terminator 2020. We will probably only get US Phantoms though.

I think the RAZBAM pattern for releases will be MiG-19P/S, F-15E, MiG-23MLA, A-29B, with the rest coming after the South Atlantic Map sometime. For now though that list is what I am going off of.

The phantom was going to be a late USAF F-4E with a fair bit of modernization. Best of both worlds if you ask me. Still a historical version, but with all bells and whistles, a great multirole version.

Later updates like Kai, ICE, PI 2000 and Terminator 2020 are quite cool but both unlikely to happen, and wouldn't fit to historical scenarios, to I understand devs choosing a more mainstream version instead.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Guys

The reason we have gone quiet here is because there is nothing new to show currently, keep in mind these birds are fairly new aircraft in service and many of the info we have to use have to go some screening.It also means we have to go to airbases where the aircraft is under operations to gather 1st hand info and that means schedules that are out of our hands.

Also the Tucano project is not being developed by us anymore, the A-29B SuperTucano is.

Guys

The reason we have gone quiet here is because there is nothing new to show currently, keep in mind these birds are fairly new aircraft in service and many of the info we have to use have to go some screening.It also means we have to go to airbases where the aircraft is under operations to gather 1st hand info and that means schedules that are out of our hands.

Also the Tucano project is not being developed by us anymore, the A-29B SuperTucano is.

Looking forward to see it flying in DCS’ skies!

Here is why:

83yrhg.jpg

Looking forward to see it flying in DCS’ skies!

Here is why:

83yrhg.jpg

Awesome!

Guys

Sad to know about that... for the last months there was no real advance published since some 3D modeling still back in august..