That VKB stick...

fl0w

Just a simple question to ask: will you guys be planning on making other F-14 control products? I know that you are planning for a stick to be made by VKB, but what about a throttle quadrant, or RIO stick variants?

Looking forward to the F-14!

Edited by Sirius

Just a simple question to ask: will you guys be planning on making other F-14 control products? I know that you are planning for a stick to be made by VKB, but what about a throttle quadrant, or RIO stick variants?

Looking forward to the F-14!

If ED decides to sign with VKB, it could be the worse decision they have ever made. VKB can barely get one batch of already developed sticks out. Let alone develop and produce anything new. They will never get my money, even though the few sticks they have released are quite awesome.

• 1 month later...
Actually, VKB wants to make F-14 throttle too, if grip sales will be good, but it's too vague to call this "plans" right now.

If they made a throttle I'd consider getting the whole setup.

The only issue I have with it is that the F-14 stick and throttle are sort of unique to that aircraft from what I understand whereas something like the A-10C shares a stick layout with the F-16, a throttle layout with the F-15. And the F-18 stick is pretty similar to the AV-8B & F-15 sticks.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Not really, Squirrel. It's a heavily modified version of the B-8 grip, like the stick on the F-5E, UH-1H and F-86 in DCS, and which will feature on the F-4E, AH-1 and potentially the A-6E whenever they come. As far as I know all except for the F-14 and F-5E (which has the dual trigger and the dogfight switch) are identical, but all things considered a stick like that would be useful across all of them.

Well I stand corrected, wasnt aware that grip was used in so many other aircraft. I guess it is heavily modified though.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

The stick itself would (or will, I guess) be great to have. I really like the thumb switch for Fox 2/3 missiles as well as the gun. Not to mention the DLC knob.

Throttle assembly I can live without. My Warthog throttle has way too many useful features that I can map various actions to.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I have 3 VKB gunfighter Pro stick tops don't ask !!!! But it would be an instant purchase for me for the F14.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Are we sure this is still VKB?

On facebook Heatblur mentioned that the stick will be Warthog compatible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VKB sticks can't be mounted to a Thrustmaster base, right?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Correct me if I'm wrong, but VKB sticks can't be mounted to a Thrustmaster base, right?

They are working on an MCG-TM grip variant (with an adapter) which can.

Basically, they just need a physical adapter plus the electrical adapter board and I see no reason why they couldn't reuse it for the F-14 grip as well.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

3D print "mockup":

318251960_WeChatImage_20181103132659.jpg.fff9ca3609a30961e74e756a7cc6e3c0.jpg

Before the 3D printed mockup, there was the clay prototype (really interesting to see this kind of process):

ojQ3TxD.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com