F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

Looks like a block 42 from Luke AFB. The fact that they have a JHMCS, I assume it is a block 42 after CCIP

At 26:04 the guy on the back seats mentions how the aircraft is leaning to the right and the pilots talks about trim for those that think FBW aircraft don't need trim.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH]189285[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]189286[/ATTACH]

Question for prior/active f-16 Crew Cheif/mechanics. How the hell did the f110-100 manage to get second place as one of worst engine to ever be put in an F-16 in terms of class A mishaps, is it just bad luck? PS If this thread blows up into a flame war It was not my intention cause a war. Just curious.

Well, first I think we need to clarify what is a Class A mishap in the USAF.

So In Accordance With (IAW) AFPD91-2 1 MAY 2017

Class A. Total cost of property damage is $2,000,000 or more; an injury or occupational illness which results in a fatality or permanent total disability; or destruction of an Air Force aircraft.

Is not specifically driven by only accident, cost is also a factor. So for a while, anything that happened on a F-22 was a class a because of the cost.

Ok, so going to the graph:

You can get it in the USAF safety center

http://www.safety.af.mil/Divisions/Aviation-Safety-Division/Aviation-Statistics/

Some of the things to consider is that without details, the graph could simply indicate the F110-GE-100 is more expensive to operate and maintain.

From my experience with GE engine, they are far more reliable with huge tolerances.

For example: On exhaust inspection on a F100-PW-220, IIRC any crack on the divergent flaps less than a 1/4 of an inch long could be stop drill, anything bigger/longer and the flap had to be replace. Compare that to the F110-GE-100; any crack any amount.

Another example: While station in Luke AFB, I was on the 310th FS and my aircraft was 88-0155, we must have change the engine a dozen times if not more in 3 years. When station at Aviano AB, my aircraft was 87-0355 and in three years we change the engine once and the only reason it was changed is that they needed an aircraft to train people on how to change the engine.

The issue is Pilot are less afraid to use the engine because they expected to work. Maintainers don't look as hard because is rare to have problems on an item. So when the engine do fail, it is catastrophic.

Also consider GE are mostly use operationally, meaning squadron deploy to combat while PW are mostly use on training. So when the majority of aircraft flying in a dangerous situation are GE, which are more likely to incur the bigger cost?

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Glad I was able to help

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

YZkXRWUCaaU

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

206SF8woJUw

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

724330331_88-0488wingstation4.jpg.aebb689132484738d0cded1aeb9589b3.jpg

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

This is a direct PDF link

Flight and Static Exhaust Flow

Properties of an F110-GE-129

Engine in an F-16XL Airplane

During Acoustic Tests

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thanks. Looks like they added more -g maneuvers. Also it seems that white paint on the belly of F-16 is still a bad idea, :D look at all those oils stains. ( normal by the way)

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,