JTAC for KA-50

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The modified file is now included in the fix, link is still the sam

Thanks, managed to test it now.

On the Ka-50, the coordinates seem to showing in the wrong format, is there any way to change it to the PVI-800 format?

On the Mi-8, seems like you upload the wrong file, the original one.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

JTAC for KA-50

but if you get N43.3.411 E40.59.514 ...how should this be converted into the pvi-800 ?

The PVI-800 uses tenths of minutes, so divide the seconds by 60 to get a decimal result.

For example, E40 59 51.4 would be E 40 59.9 entered as 0040599.

Edited by Home Fries

The PVI-800 uses tenths of minutes, so divide the seconds by 60 to get a decimal result.

For example, E40 59 51.4 would be E 40 59.9 entered as 0040599.

Can't the mod be changed so that it does this calculation itself? I find it hard to do decimal conversion in my head within the 10 seconds or so that the text is displayed.

Can't the mod be changed so that it does this calculation itself? I find it hard to do decimal conversion in my head within the 10 seconds or so that the text is displayed.

I don't know about that, but perhaps an easier calculation is just to add .1 for every six seconds, then think about basic multiplication tables.

06 = .1

12 = .2

18 = .3

48 = .8

54 = .9

• 1 month later...

Coordinates Mismatch Issue in Nevada !

first of all, i really appreciate "TurboHog" & "St3v3f", "Home Fries" for this great mod.

i have used this mod since its earliy version & it have worked great until DCS 1.5,

but as i am migrating my DCS version to 2.0, coordinates broadcasted by jtac doesn't match with actual ones, which can be verified in F2 view.

(test has been done only in ka-50 module, because i don't know how to communicate in mi-8 even though i have it.)

i have tried in both ways as follows

1. 1.5d by Home Fries, downloaded from DCS userfile only

2. 1.5d + St3v3f's tweaked version.

Broadcasted coordinates : N37.19.957 E -116.(0)4.539

Actual coordinates : N37.19.57 E -115.55.27

it would be really appreciated if you could leave a single clue for me.

Thank you.

Fellas,

With real life the way it is, I no longer have time to maintain this mod. I'm hoping that somebody can take the reins; we already have TurboHog's blessing.

Please PM me if you wish to take over the mod, and I will provide you with a thorough turnover (though everything I do is commented as such in the LUA files).

Coordinates Mismatch Issue in Nevada !

first of all, i really appreciate "TurboHog" & "St3v3f", "Home Fries" for this great mod.

i have used this mod since its earliy version & it have worked great until DCS 1.5,

but as i am migrating my DCS version to 2.0, coordinates broadcasted by jtac doesn't match with actual ones, which can be verified in F2 view.

(test has been done only in ka-50 module, because i don't know how to communicate in mi-8 even though i have it.)

i have tried in both ways as follows

1. 1.5d by Home Fries, downloaded from DCS userfile only

2. 1.5d + St3v3f's tweaked version.

Broadcasted coordinates : N37.19.957 E -116.(0)4.539

Actual coordinates : N37.19.57 E -115.55.27

it would be really appreciated if you could leave a single clue for me.

Thank you.

I don't think this is an issue with the JTAC mod. It's most likely connected to this bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168454

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to make this mod work for a campaign i am planning to do. I follow the same exact steps that i found in last mission of this campaign (in the editor):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/267096/

but jtac is unable to contact me.

Process i follow is:

-Make Jtac invisible

-Make Jtac inmortal

-Assignate Jtac an indicative.

-Assignate a frecuency for Jtac

-Start task in route->Fac- attack group. Here i select enemy group, tick the visible, automatic designation and set the indicative to the same as Jtac.

Afterwards i fly the mission and try to call him. He appears in my R 828 pannel, but he does not answer.

I accomplished a full campaign which used Jtac and it was all correct, so i know how it works (channels and all that) . If it is possible, help me with explanations about how to set it correct in the editor please.

Edit: Ok, i have been trying it in the editor with easy comms in order to see how it works, and it is pretty much a mess. It is pretty much random. What i saw in the campaign i mention had it´s logic (you assignate a frecuency to Jtac, and you communicate with him through it). Actually that is not working, it just randomly works with "easy communications" at R-800 radio.

So if a assign Jtac 1 a frecuency (30 Mhz FM) and then he sets a task which has that usual 133 Mhz AM at the end, this will only work at R-800 radio. If for example i change that 133 Mhz AM to 30 Mhz FM, i will be able to communicate with him at R-828 at any channel.

If i then place Jtac 2 which communicates at 31 Mhz FM, both of them will stop working.

I tried to do it without easy communications, and it seems it works in AM frecuency using R-800 radio. Unable to do nothing with R-828 tough, plus assignating a frecuency is useless, jtac automatically can only communicate in Fac´s frecuency.

Edited by Maiser
More info

Set the proper frequencies for your Ka-50 in the mission editor. There is a tab for that like there is for ordnance and waypoints etc.

The R-828.lua containing default frequencies is not used anymore.

Thanks man. I really did not see this one, as i was editing missions from the campaign i told and they worked with R-828.lua, and frequencies should be set in jtac before being able to communicate.

Now, as you say R-828.lua is not working, jtac communication frequency must not be set (or seems useless) and the only communication frequency worth is the one you indicate in the Fac mission. All this in the same editor. Having this different logics at the same time, pretty much surprises me, but i guess it is somehow related to the values campaign missions were saved with previously.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The mod has been updated to 1.5e, which now loads properly in DCS World 1.5.7/2.1.1.

The known issue was a matter of proper installation. I have revised the readme and re-uploaded 1.5e.

If you don't want to re-download the mod, here's the applicable portion of the readme:

Installation:

This mod is in three parts:

1) The JTAC & AWACS Main mod

2) The Ka-50 module-specific mod

3) the Mi-8 module-specific mod

To use this mod properly, you must have the Main mod enabled. Then enable the module-specific mods for whichever modules you have installed (i.e. Ka-50/Mi-8). The reason for the separation is because if you don't have one of the modules (e.g. the Mi-8), installing the Mi-8 file will cause a crash to desktop.

Edited by Home Fries
Known issue was operator error; disregard.

• 1 month later...

For those who have a problem in loading (halt at 10% after applying this mod)

(only tested on 1.5.8, ka-50, JTAC only - i don't know if this is working on 2.2 or MI-MTV2 or about AWACS)

1. Download latested 1.5e version in following link (DCS hompage -> Downloads->userfiles)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1874700/

2. unzip it & DELETE "me_action_db.lua" in following position

"your JSGME mod file folder\JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)\MissionEditor\modules

3. apply mods with JSGME

1) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 & Mi-8 (Main)" first

2) "JTAC & AWACS for Ka-50 (Module)"

I wish this tip might help you.

Thank you

@Home Fries

Thanks for continuing your support for this. I have not yet tried it, but looks promising.

I have searched in this thread and elsewhere to find a way to enable JTAC in the Huey. I found this by Flagrum and thought it would work, but got a little bit hesitant when examined the content of this mod. It seems not to be that easy as only adding two lines in the comm.lua for the Huey, if I would like the same functionality as for the Ka-50 and Mi-8.

The last comment in this thread about this is from October 2014. A lot have happen since then (and will happen in a few days!:lol:).

Any plans for adding the Huey? I read a post by TurboHog why he had not yet added it, is it still valid?

Tanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5