Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

Teeter

Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

• Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why)
    • No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why)

I voted yes if it is a choice between having the module available or not having it available. I would also buy it, but it wouldn't be high on my list of "must have" aircraft. I would still rather see the A-6, A-7, AV-8, F-15E, et. al. before the IA 58.

That said, if you can develop it in parallel with the aforementioned tactical jets, I'll buy it. Otherwise, wait until there is more of a push for a Falklands theater.

if there was another option: 'i don`t care either way' , i would still say 'no'

DCS , contrary to FSX is too complex for devs to spew out almost-arcade level modules.

Since DCS modules are too far in between for devs, and since there are only a handful of development groups (literally) , then they need to focus all their time on the planes we need/want first before making stuff most people never heard of.

• Like 1

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as said above +1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I know they have now a argentinan buddy but im out for this plane. I prefer razbam to focus and spend money on Harrier and F-15E.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Voto si

I agree completely. Though it is a huge leap to say a Pucara might lead to a Falklands Island map and campaign..it is certainly a step. I'd buy it in a second. I've dreamed of a Harrier/Pucara/A-4/Mirage type Falklands scenario for decades...

BeachAV8R

VOTO SI :thumbup:

I know they have now a argentinan buddy but im out for this plane. I prefer razbam to focus and spend money on Harrier and F-15E.

Who is to say that this will be worked on to the exclusion of other projects?

I don't have a specific thread, but I'm sure that they have said that several modules are very near completion, and are only awaiting for certain tools, ie air to ground radar. Before they are ready to be released. It's not at if developers must be holistically focused on a single module at a time.

I would love to see the Harrier before anything else is release, but I don't exactly want RAZBAM to work on it to the detriment of their other projects.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I love “small” aircraft from the typical 70-90 era, especially multi-role and light ground attack ones.

At last a turbo-prop for DCS world! “old-school style” would be great. For instance, I find the last version of the T-6 Texan II too modern and too much training oriented. I want to pilot! I don’t like to push computers buttons in the cockpit ;)

I hope to see one day, in DCS World, the full campaign of the Falklands War with this aircraft, A-4s, Super Étendard and Harriers. That would be so great: old school modern war without too much electronic!

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Who is to say that this will be worked on to the exclusion of other projects?

I don't have a specific thread, but I'm sure that they have said that several modules are very near completion, and are only awaiting for certain tools, ie air to ground radar. Before they are ready to be released. It's not at if developers must be holistically focused on a single module at a time.

I would love to see the Harrier before anything else is release, but I don't exactly want RAZBAM to work on it to the detriment of their other projects.

I think you got the idea..

Currently there are 3 3d devs(including myself) each working on a module (different from the other)

As it is, while doing finishing touch ups to the Mirage (3d wise) there are 3 projects going on, being these the Harrier, AT-27 and the F-15E, think of this as a production line..when the Mirage is finally done (not so far in time) the coders will have in their hands the Harrier and the AT-27, while the F-15 will wait for other stuff and so on.

The 3d dev that was supposed to be working on the Pucara (which I doubt will see the light of the day as i can read) will start on something else.

But i´ll keep watching this space

Best regards

Prowler

The 3d dev that was supposed to be working on the Pucara (which I doubt will see the light of the day as i can read) will start on something else.

Best regards

Prowler

For the sake of 37.18% of the community I think you should go for it. A lot of nay sayers will most likely change their minds once they see the end result. :D

I think, every 3rd party developer should take into consideration M.player, how each platform fits into it and the current plane set of FC3+Mig21+M2000, along with the future stuff like the F14,F18, etc.

From a customers prospective, anything that fits with those aircraft, and nearly all my flight buddies if it fits well in PVP "AG and AA" then its an instant buy. That is the first and last consideration that ED and all the 3rd party devs need to take into account.

DCS has a decent sized element that plays exclusively on line, while it might not be as large as the solo players, its definitely the side that is consumer facing the most. In other words Mplayer Videos and streams are viewed a bit more than solo ones. It was a selling point for me and my mates for example. so the better that base is the better the game.

That argument does not effect solo play, as a new platform is a new platform, but making it fit Mplayer is simply a plus. This can be done even without a full build of an aircraft

Some examples: is Expanding on current platforms, For example a -5 Mark for the m2000, or a M version of the Su27, or a Bison version of the Mig21. If have no issue spending 30-40$ for one of those.

Even an auxiliary system like AWACS "commander "even if the flight model is simplistic or AI but emphases On functionality. FC3 quality Transport planes "C130/il76" or single role Planes "F117 for example" if they come in a pack of 2 or 3"

Currently there are 3 3d devs(including myself) each working on a module (different from the other)

As it is, while doing finishing touch ups to the Mirage (3d wise) there are 3 projects going on, being these the Harrier, AT-27 and the F-15E, think of this as a production line..when the Mirage is finally done (not so far in time) the coders will have in their hands the Harrier and the AT-27, while the F-15 will wait for other stuff and so on.

Best regards

Prowler

Although I have voted no in this, like I have said in my post, I would still want to see this eventually, and would buy it even if released today most likely. It's just that there are stuff I would prefer seeing in DCS earlier than Pucara. I think the poll result looks rather good considering type of aircraft, but whether it would cover development effort or not, is not something I can speculate of course.

I would enjoy getting an eventual Pucara, but, I'd like to see A-7, A-6, may be some Mirage IIIs or Cheetah etc. and the Strike Eagle before that.

I think, every 3rd party developer should take into consideration M.player, how each platform fits into it and the current plane set of FC3+Mig21+M2000, along with the future stuff like the F14,F18, etc.

From a customers prospective, anything that fits with those aircraft, and nearly all my flight buddies if it fits well in PVP "AG and AA" then its an instant buy. That is the first and last consideration that ED and all the 3rd party devs need to take into account.

DCS has a decent sized element that plays exclusively on line, while it might not be as large as the solo players, its definitely the side that is consumer facing the most. In other words Mplayer Videos and streams are viewed a bit more than solo ones. It was a selling point for me and my mates for example. so the better that base is the better the game.

That argument does not effect solo play, as a new platform is a new platform, but making it fit Mplayer is simply a plus. This can be done even without a full build of an aircraft

FC3 quality Transport planes "C130/il76" or single role Planes "F117 for example" if they come in a pack of 2 or 3"

Not really no. Thankfuly we are getting many developments that do not follow this rhetoric. I am sure greater majority are solo players, or players with a certain circle of friends to fly with rather than online servers, of which majorit are "Unreal tournament : aerial edition". Greater majority of us are simply not interested in that, and it would be a real shame if module developments would be chosen only to fit such, which is an idea belongs more to competitive online games like WT.

Multiplayer thingy may be a factor among consideration, but certainly not first and last, and somewhere closer to bottom of list of things to consider.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Best regards

Prowler

I very much hope the A-7 is still on the short list (to be completed once the air-ground radar comes around)

Since the A-7 is very much the Aircraft im looking the most forward to.

Not only of the aircraft on your list but in total of all DCS modules being made.

So i hope you guys are still planning to finish it as soon as you are able =P.

I very much hope the A-7 is still on the short list (to be completed once the air-ground radar comes around)

Since the A-7 is very much the Aircraft im looking the most forward to.

Not only of the aircraft on your list but in total of all DCS modules being made.

So i hope you guys are still planning to finish it as soon as you are able =P.

The A-7 is amazing!:)

A-7E_VA-72_on_USS_America_(CV-66)_Apr_1986.JPEG

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What he said ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LevelPulse viewpost.gif

Voted no, if anything do the OV-10 Bronco. Then again these aircraft aren't suited for DCS at this time.

What they said.

I think a Pucara would be fine, but there are so many mainstream gaps still to be filled.

I understand the passion someone might have for a particular aircraft and that could be enough to carry the project. Maybe as an FC3 level package with the Sea Harrier and Falkland scenery...

For the sake of 37.18% of the community I think you should go for it. A lot of nay sayers will most likely change their minds once they see the end result. :D

I still think it's too early to include aircraft like the Pucara into the lineup. It serves no multiplayer role, and it runs counter to the current "era" of aircraft being included. The marching back of the clock on what era multiplayer fights in has already begun, servers are doing 80s nights more and more with reduced loadouts on the F-15s and SU-27s. The clock got ticked back more by the MiG-21 and the F-5E. Making aircraft that can exist on the same scale in terms of air combat as those two makes much more sense than a turboprop light attack aircraft. An F-100D, an F-8, supersonic capable aircraft that straddle the Gunfighter/Missile age satisfies the "Not so complex" requirement, while also fitting in with the more capable modules. Add in to the fact that these aircraft later in life often transitioned into a ground attack role, means they fit in and help generate a stepping stone for other aircraft in their range where they would be dominant dogfighters, while also fitting into slightly further ahead eras.

A lot of nay sayers will instantly use the money for an unwanted Pucara on a different plane/module that happen to be out at the time of release and probably wait for a huge sale to buy the unwanted modules. Huge sales I think are meant to attract customers and not directly make revenue. So it could be tricky to disregard a "statistic" like this thread shows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I voted no.

In the end there are alot of aircraft id love to see before this.

Su17, Mig 23/25/31, countless attack helicopters etc.

A proper f16 (which i know is coming so use it as example only), draken etc

Plenty more important modules to develop. Once more holes are filled in current modern theatre then its time to branch out, and i think third party devs have important role to help develop that.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

Apart from having them available as objects - for the SAS to blow up - they haven't exactly lit the world alight as far as combat aircraft go.

The evaluation of one at Boscombe Down, post Falklands campaign reported that they handled very badly, and needed enormous strength to pull out of a dive.

Frankly, there are far far more deserving subjects for the next project. The Super Edendard armed with Exocets would be much more useful, as anti-shipping is a much neglected area of DCS World. Ground pounders we have in abundance.

No.

In no particular order:

Mig-23, MiG-27, Mig-29, MiG-19, Su-15, Su-17, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27

F-8, F-15, F-16, F-22, F-84, F-100, F-104, F-105, F-106, F-111, F-4, A-4, A-6, A-7

Mirage III, Super Etendard, Jaguar, Tornado, Lightning, Sea Harrier, Hunter

Make a few aicraft from this list up to ASM/PFM standard and then we can talk about another unknown, light attack aircraft.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes! Because unlike the current light attack aircraft with there very limited use and capabilities, the Pucara was an outstanding Close Air Support attacker dedicated to this role.

People mentioning it is not suitable for the current maps we have - most aircraft are not really suited, so that ain't no reason.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen