[REPORTED] JDAM issues

Direwolf

PP (pre planned) mode should be achieved by manually entering the coordinates into each of the weapons, via the UFC scratchpad.

TOO should be achieved via designating a target waypoint, or by designating a target via the Litening pod.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just know, this is part of the bug, that coordinates should not transfer from TOO to PPI.

Ah OK I understand now. There's an unrealistic "feature" that multiple guides have taken as deliberate and documented, which now doesn't work as documented, except it never should have anyway.

Fair enough, so bombing TGP "on the fly" with JDAM has to be one at a time in TOO... target, drop, target, drop. I can live with that.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Ok, so I am just trying to see what you are doing, PP mode is Pre-Planned mode, its for preset targets from the Mission Editor or via the UFC if you are fed the TGT data later on. Entering target data any other way isn't really supported. So if you want to drop multiple bombs on more than one target in one pass, you need to enter the data via the UFC.

The bug here appears to be that using TOO to set PP TGT points shouldn't be, they are separate modes and shouldn't affect each other. And this is most likely why it isn't working right, as it shouldn't work.

As well, setting up a multiple drop on multiple targets would need to be done in PP mode, meaning all TGT data needs to be set via the UFC if you are doing it in flight.

TOO is for one target, and not meant to set up a multiple target multiple drop mission. You can drop multiple bombs in TOO, but the will be on the same target.

This is all based on the available information we have. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Some funny irony that the unintended mode works quite well , double irony being you could argue it is actually a better system than what we understand as being the correct one from the real world :D

This is the kind of stuff that just shouldn't happen, TOO transfers to PP has been "working" this way for almost 6 months, multiple tutorials have been written about how to use this - including Chuck's Guide and now 3+ weeks after ceasing to function you're trying to say that should have never worked?

You couldn't reach out to anyone to let them know before people started crabbing about the functionality being totally hosed for the last 3-4 OB updates?

Come on man.

This is the kind of stuff that just shouldn't happen, TOO transfers to PP has been "working" this way for almost 6 months, multiple tutorials have been written about how to use this - including Chuck's Guide and now 3+ weeks after ceasing to function you're trying to say that should have never worked?

You couldn't reach out to anyone to let them know before people started crabbing about the functionality being totally hosed for the last 3-4 OB updates?

Come on man.

F18, all systems are in wip and therefore can change its operating logic. That this method worked a long time does not mean that it was the right one, TOO mode is the only one that can acquire objectives without using the UFC. :joystick:

Another point JDAM / JSOW is not finished, some functions are not implemented and you may have errors in its operation. :music_whistling:

I want to bring into the discussion one thing.

In TOO page you have TOO1 and TOO2. And it supposed to work as two memory slot for storage coordinates.

But right know they are not working

Its already on the TOO page but does not work.

PP1-6 on the PP page, are working.

I wonder why not fix that and give us something that we can work on TOO.

Making possible to do two drop to different tgts in one single pass, using the TGT.

If you fly high enough you can drop 8 Gbu38 on 8 different targets in one pass, with TOO and TPod, the IN RNG period being long enough to aim and drop 8 times.

And when the first bomb hit the target, other vehicles move away and 7 bombs hit ground.

Yea, yea, I know... gbu-38 is not supposed to be dropped on vehicles.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

See this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254210

The behavior has changed and it seems this is the way it it supposed to work in real life. To release multiple JDAMs in one pass, you need to manually input coordinates for each station in PP mode ahead of time, or you need to quickly shift the TPOD or waypoint to a new target and designate it in between releasing each bomb.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD