Su-17M4 (SU-22) Full Fidelity Research for Dev Started

aw33com

Finally moved on to items different than fuselage. I actually enjoy doing flatter parts. It's fun. Took about 2 hours to do horizontal stabilizers.

I am working only part time for now, but once I do the external model I will do the cockpits full time and it should come in much faster.

More pics from stabilizers

h1.png

h2.png

h3.png

Well to be honest, I don't have much more than what I'm showing you. I'm working on the wings now. It should be done this week. So this week we will have the whole thing except: canopy, pylons, and landing gear.

The only good news is: I came up with an idea for the module that would make everyone happy I think. It would be difficult to pull off, but not impossible. This airplane had a loooong rich history and he was used in many different ways. I would love to capture that history.

Make no mistake this was the Warthog of the East.

Just went through all the pictures for the wings. Yeah, it won't be done this week, it's much more complicated than I thought. Tons of parts there. The landing gear openings and stuff there alone is a lot. Flanges, flaps, lights, scoops, guards, sweep moving parts, sweep flanges, vanes. I don't even know where to start.

Just went through all the pictures for the wings. Yeah, it won't be done this week, it's much more complicated than I thought. Tons of parts there. The landing gear openings and stuff there alone is a lot. Flanges, flaps, lights, scoops, guards, sweep moving parts, sweep flanges, vanes. I don't even know where to start.

Build detailed parts of the wings separately that are not moving control surfaces. The lights should be separate extensions. That also allows you to control the LOD level.

Good work on the project btw, looking great. :thumbup:

Is it possible you consider a Su-7 afterwards? Or do it first as a testbed as it is much simpler?

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, the wing is not that bad actually once you divide it into parts. I was just tired the other day and it seemed like the wing is lots of work, but it should not be that bad.

I did the sweeping part of the wing, but I don't have a good picture what is inside the light:

wing.png

Edited by aw33com

Is it possible you consider a Su-7 afterwards? Or do it first as a testbed as it is much simpler?

Yeah, Su-7, Su-17, Su-17M2, Su-17UM (trainer) would be natural to develop from what I have.

My approach is kind of in reverse, from the most difficult, most developed Su-17 downwards.

If I will ever be happy with this one, I will consider Su-7 for sure.

Edited by aw33com

Yeah, Su-7, Su-17, Su-17M2, Su-17UM (trainer) would be natural to develop from what I have.

My approach is kind of in reverse, from the most difficult, most developed Su-17 downwards.

If I will ever be happy with this one, I will consider Su-7 for sure.

Do you have "Applied aerodynamics" for them, or tube tests? Are you going to perform "virtual blows" of your model? It seems detailed enough for blowing.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder