Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?

Ziptie

Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues?

• Yes
    • No

Is it just me, or does it seem to be that the release of the Walleye has been the cause of all the "new" issues arising with the release of many of the already existing ordinance..? By no means am I a computer programmer, nor would I claim to be - but seems since the release of the AGM62 - the issues with JDAM, CCIP, WYPTDSG, etc, etc, etc have become prevalent.

I'd love to vote for "remove the walleye" and get these issues sorted out by reverting to the prior build (even if it means losing the cool A/A and A/G information on the stores page) so the game isn't so broken. Of course, it's an open beta - but those have been known to revert in times of serious issue(s). I think losing one "new" weapon, to gain the usage of numerous weapons that already existed, is not a losing scenario.

Hopeful for another hot fix, that will fix these newly discovered issues, but at least personally - this is now a game breaking issue that really compromises the lethality of the Hornet. Might be alone in this analysis, and surely many will have different views - but that is mine. Hoping for the best.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

We all know that the Walleye implemented the tech for the SLAM / SLAM-ER. Also it will be fixed soon enough. Take a chill pill, report the bugs, wait for the fixes. That's what an open beta is for.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

As none of us know if the walleye was the cause, why even open the thread?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

We all know that the Walleye implemented the tech for the SLAM / SLAM-ER. Also it will be fixed soon enough. Take a chill pill, report the bugs, wait for the fixes. That's what an open beta is for.

I understand differences of opinion - which is why the thread was created (and poll included). So give an umbrella and fallout of opinion and feedback for devs and members. Discussion (and productive ones at that) can sometimes be more beneficial than just bug reports or one sided conjecture.

Yes, the "newer" technology weapons, with those long ranges and capabilities will undoubtedly be a nice addition - as the AGM62 will be - some possibly more fruitful than others, for different crowds.

I do my bit for reporting when possible and applicable. This being an expansion of one of those chosen duties.

Don't take pills, the body is better to fight things off without band aids.

I am aware of intricacies regarding alpha, beta and open beta projects. Been apart of many.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Because all of these issues arose at once, after it was released, but as advertised is a question/speculation.

Notice the poll starts with "If" ..

Opening a level for discussion and input in a thread besides a bug report that will get merged/closed or not in the correct place. Quite simple.

Cheers,

Don

That's what an open beta is for.

Can we please stop pretending that the open beta is just the beta version we use every now and then to test new stuff and spend most of our time playing stable instead?

- 95% of all multiplayer happens in open beta

- most players play open beta (to get the new stuff)

- open beta is what makes the money and what is used to advertise DCS and sell modules

- open beta is maintained on a regular basis

- release dates are advertised for the open beta and not for stable

That makes open beta pretty much the normal version of the game, besides the name open beta ofc....

The Walleye is not my first choice of air to ground weapons, if it's the problem I'm sure the will fix it as they did with other weapons that where introduced and needed a little tweeting. If they need to remove it until later I'm cool with that also.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

That makes open beta pretty much the normal version of the game, besides the name open beta ofc....

ED doesn’t force you to play on the open beta branch, it is the community that does that, because 99% it works and people can’t wait for new modules and features in stable.

It remains open beta where things are tried out by ED and tested by the community. Sometimes things go not as planned. There is always the stable version for people that can’t deal with it.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Is it just me, or does it seem to be that the release of the Walleye has been the cause of all the "new" issues arising with the release of many of the already existing ordinance..? By no means am I a computer programmer, nor would I claim to be - but seems since the release of the AGM62 - the issues with JDAM, CCIP, WYPTDSG, etc, etc, etc have become prevalent.

I'd love to vote for "remove the walleye" and get these issues sorted out by reverting to the prior build (even if it means losing the cool A/A and A/G information on the stores page) so the game isn't so broken. Of course, it's an open beta - but those have been known to revert in times of serious issue(s). I think losing one "new" weapon, to gain the usage of numerous weapons that already existed, is not a losing scenario.

Hopeful for another hot fix, that will fix these newly discovered issues, but at least personally - this is now a game breaking issue that really compromises the lethality of the Hornet. Might be alone in this analysis, and surely many will have different views - but that is mine. Hoping for the best.

Cheers,

Don

You can always go back to stable till its fixed.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It remains open beta where things are tried out by ED and tested by the community. Sometimes things go not as planned. There is always the stable version for people that can’t deal with it.

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can we please stop pretending that the open beta is just the beta version we use every now and then to test new stuff and spend most of our time playing stable instead?

- open beta is what makes the money and what is used to advertise DCS and sell modules

Pretending the Open Beta isn't an Open Beta doesn't get rid of the bugs, you're aware of that right? If we we're going to 'stop pretending' what will it be called then? What is your solution? name it the release version and continue to complain when the same bugs are there in the release? Make an open alpha and have the same 99% of people to move to that and you post again saying "Can we stop pretending the Open Alpha is just the open alpha?" Close the Beta entirely and only have the stable version?

How do you arrive at this conclusion, I am blown away.

||i5-9600k||MSI GTX1070Ti Duke||16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V||Gigabyte Aorus B360||X56||

No, because it's people not understanding what they are doing when they use the OB that causes so much angst in the community.

People don't read what they're signing up for, then complain endlessly when what they signed up for comes to pass.

Rather than pretending the OB is not an OB, what they should do is put in f*ck off big letters on the OB splash screen a message reminding people that it is an OB, will have bugs, may occasionally introduce bugs with new features, and make them click an "OK, I understand" button every time the OB launches.

A message to the effect of: "If I find a bug, I agree to report it, not complain about it" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Cheers.

Thought about it, does it require another install? If so, can I just copy and paste current logbook, missions/campaigns, etc over to it?

Seems it’s a 50/50 on my original post, which was the purpose of this thread - but I know these can get derailed quite often on forums. 50/50 as well, but I am always happy to try and assist in fixing things (as noted by the discovery of the one true issue that is causing the CCIP issue - WYPTDSG - despite what some others have reported or thought).

I have relatively limited time to access DCS with real life stuff, so I have allotted my time to DCS

rather than a “certain racing sim” to get some practice ahead of things to come....

Cheers,

Don

No dude, seriously: that still doesn't make the open beta the de-facto stable. It may be the version everyone plays on because no one has time to wait for features, but it is still the beta version with bugs to be expected.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Because all of these issues arose at once, after it was released, but as advertised is a question/speculation.

Notice the poll starts with "If" ..

Opening a level for discussion and input in a thread besides a bug report that will get merged/closed or not in the correct place. Quite simple.

Cheers,

Don

So you’re just speculating that it was related to the walleye, and not any of the other changes.

For all we know, could be the change for the boarding ladder.

Sorry, but I’ll maintain that just guesswork might as well be classified as a waste of space thread.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Nuff said :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

One of the moderators on here said that that there was literally no testing of the Walleye and that we were the first ones to try it.

If I was at all bothered by this I would simply use 2.5 stable and get on with it.

The poll was closed before I could get my vote in. Perhaps have another one until you get the result you were looking for...............cough!

• ED Team

Hi all

We wont be removing the Walleye, problems happen during early access and it is why we use the beta build to help test for problems in a larger testing environment.

If you want to help, make bug reports with a short track showing the issues and we will get to them.

Currently investigating TOO / PP modes and WPDSG

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So you’re just speculating that it was related to the walleye, and not any of the other changes.

For all we know, could be the change for the boarding ladder.

Sorry, but I’ll maintain that just guesswork might as well be classified as a waste of space thread.

Well it would certainly make more sense that a newly introduced weapon (which is classified as a bomb), created an issue with functionality of existing weapons (which are classified as a bomb) over the boarding ladder fix.....

It was an observation, not a guaranteed statement. You decided to comment, so clearly not enough of a waste of space thread for you to pass on by.

Good lord, it was an attempt to get someone of official status to see, gather some further input from the community and possibly “have an aha moment.”

It seems it’s not 100% obvious, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position. But a weapon “literally not having any testing time” is sure to throw many potential issues into play eh?

As for the one who mentioned the poll being closed, I didn’t do that - so not sure how that happens - but first post I’ve done with a poll that I can recall. I’m no internet warrior, unlike some that are more versed in the field. So apologies or congrats, whichever suits your stance.

Cheers,

Don

Hi all

We wont be removing the Walleye, problems happen during early access and it is why we use the beta build to help test for problems in a larger testing environment.

If you want to help, make bug reports with a short track showing the issues and we will get to them.

Currently investigating TOO / PP modes and WPDSG

thanks

Did earlier today, yet it was for CCIP - not the TOO/PP JDAM/JSOW. And wouldn’t except it to be removed - but merely addressed as a potential part of the new problems with existing weapons that are now suffering a new glitch/issue.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4084168#post4084168

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

You can switch between Stable and OpenBeta using a command line in your present DCS installation. No need to have 2 installs... no need to delete, move, or download anything. It's all handled through the DCS Updater suite very nicely.

Cool, thanks for the info. Will look into doing that next time I have the opportunity to try and fly.

Cheers,

Don