[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic

Where can I find the "definitions" for the scripts?

MOOSE documentation:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/

RAT section in MOOSE documentation:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html

But I am curious about what these numbers represent? cessna:ActivateUncontrolled(30, 120, 120, 0.5)

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html##(RAT).ActivateUncontrolled

Edited by Hardcard

MOOSE documentation:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/

RAT section in MOOSE documentation:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Rat.html##(RAT).ActivateUncontrolled

Perfect thanks a ton. Hadn’t looked far enough down the page.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I've got a few different groups of aircraft spawning uncontrolled at Kobuleti- fighter sized aircraft of different types are disappearing as they start to head out to the taxiway... Other aircraft of the same type seem to be fine- not sure the connection.

Any ideas?

Edited by ENO
Sorry for stupid questions- maybe this one is better...

"ENO"

Eh- Me again.

Is there a way to define random parking number spaces beyond just saying "big" or "med" or "big or med?"

Trying to stay somewhat random but also sticking to some plausible aircraft configurations in some places. Using the "addresses" on the parking stalls... or at least ranges of those parking spaces, could work.

I don't see anything in documentation but it's not because it's not there... But I've been looking pretty carefully in the areas outlined above and having no luck.

Also- I have been using ...BigOrMed for the most part since using only "Med" doesn't seem to result in anything spawning. Not sure if I'm missing something but I haven't been able to make it work.

Thanks again in advance,

"ENO"

• 3 weeks later...

I see the Civil_Aircraft_Mod V0.80.7 is out and I wonder how that reflects the info on page one of this thread. What changes are necessary if any to RAT?

Thanks

added: Does CAM work with all terrains?

Edited by davebert

I think I fixed it by adding in the local a320 skins but double check please. Also, I copied the original code from page 1 of this thread and I believe the last line of code has a typo. I think chessna should be cessna so I changed it here.

local b727=RAT:New("RAT_B727")
local b737=RAT:New("RAT_B737")
local b747=RAT:New("RAT_B747")
local b757=RAT:New("RAT_B757")
local a320=RAT:NEW("RAT_A320")
local a380=RAT:New("RAT_A380")
local cessna=RAT:New("RAT_Cessna")

-- Liveries CAM v0.80
local b727skins={"AEROFLOT", "Air France", "Alaska", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "Clean", "Delta Airlines", "Delta Airlines OLD", "FedEx", "Hapag Lloyd", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa Oberhausen Old", "Northwest", "Pan Am", "Singapore Airlines", "Southwest", "UNITED", "UNITED Old", "ZERO G"}
local b737skins={"Air Algerie", "Air Berlin", "Air France", "airBaltic", "Airzena", "AM", "American_Airlines", "British Airways", "C40s", "Clean", "Disney", "EA", "easyjet", "FINNAIR", "HARIBO", "JA", "Jet2", "kulula", "LH", "Lufthansa BA", "Lufthansa KR", "OLD_BA", "OMAN AIR", "PAN AM", "Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT", "QANTAS", "RYANAIR", "SouthWest Lone Star", "ThomsonFly", "TNT",  "Ukraine Airlines", "UPS"}
local b747skins={"AF", "AF-One", "AI", "CP", "IM", "KLM", "LH", "NW", "PA", "QA", "TA"}
local b757skins={"AA", "BA", "C-32", "Delta", "DHL", "easyJet", "Swiss", "Thomson"}
local a320skins={"Aeroflot", "Aeroflot 1", "Air Asia", "Air Berlin", "Air Berlin FFO", "Air Berlin OLT", "Air Berlin retro", "Air France", "Air Moldova", "Airbus Neo", "Al Maha", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "British Airways", "Cebu Pacific", "Clean", "Condor", "Delta Airlines", "Easy Jet","Easy Jet Berlin","Easy Jet w", "Edelweiss", "Emirates", "Etihad", "Eurowings", "Eurowings BVB09", "Eurowings Europa Park", "Fly Georgia", "Fly Niki", "Frontier", "German Wings", "Gulf Air", "Iberia", "Iran Air", "Jet Blue NY", "JetBlue", "jetBlue FDNY", "Kish Air", "Kuwait Airways", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa New", "MEA", "Qatar", "S7", "SAS", "Saudi Gulf", "Saudi", "Small Planet", "Star Alliance", "SWISS", "Thomas Cook", "Tunis Air", "Turkish Airlines", "United", "Ural Airlines", "US Airways", "Vietnam Airlines", "Virgin", "WiZZ", "WiZZ Budapest", "WOW"}
local a380skins={"Air France", "BA", "China Southern", "Clean", "Emirates", "KA", "LH", "LHF", "Qantas Airways", "QTR", "SA", "TA"}
local cessnaskins={"Blank", "D-EKVW", "HellenicAF", "Muster", "N9672H", "SEagle_blue", "SEagle_red", "USAF-Academy", "V5-BUG", "VH-JGA"}

b727:Livery(b727skins)
b737:Livery(b737skins)
b747:Livery(b747skins)
b757:Livery(b757skins)
a320:Livery(a320skins)
a380:Livery(a380skins)
cessna:Livery(cessnaskins)

Edited by davebert
updated

Small problem here...

I have 20 AI-planes around. 8 spawn in air, the rest on the ground. They cycle randomly between 4 airports using the 'setdestination' and 'setdeparture' options. The airports are Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Maktoum and Sharjah. (Sharjah is not used by 380s and 747s.)

This worked pretty well. But for a while now, some planes land on the Al Minhad AB. When they touch the ground, the ATC says "Welcome to Dubai Intl." Same for another AB (forgot which one) where they land and it says "Welcome to Abu Dhabi International". Lol. Are they drunk? One more thing I recognized is, when I look on the F10 map, some of them have no flightplans.

Any idea what causes this?

Thx in advance!

This worked pretty well. But for a while now, some planes land on the Al Minhad AB. When they touch the ground, the ATC says "Welcome to Dubai Intl." Same for another AB (forgot which one) where they land and it says "Welcome to Abu Dhabi International". Lol. Are they drunk? One more thing I recognized is, when I look on the F10 map, some of them have no flightplans.

That sounds strange especially if it worked before. Can you attach the complete mission (miz) file please?

The issue with the flightplans not displayed is DCS related. The all do have a flightplan for sure but the display in the F10 map seems to be hit and miss.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

RAT multiplayer question

I have successfully made a simple script using MOOSE/RAT/CAM where some Yaks, C130's and C727's all take off and fly around from random airports. I am using the skins from CAM for the C727's and it works great on my PC if I fly the mission. When I run the mission on multiplayer with some friends we get the Yak's and C130's but the C127's do not spawn. They both have the CAM installed the same way I did mine install. What should I look for as the problem?

Thanks

We used to have to refresh mission versions if we made missions in one update and then tried to play it in the next update. It doesn’t seem a coincidence that aircraft not in the game files are the only ones not showing up- sometimes you just need to save the mission as a new version (save as) and that can sometimes be all you need.

I might try reloading the script in the mission (assuming it’s a script file) before saving but that may or may not do anything... at least start with that and then see where we go from there.

"ENO"

We used to have to refresh mission versions if we made missions in one update and then tried to play it in the next update. It doesn’t seem a coincidence that aircraft not in the game files are the only ones not showing up- sometimes you just need to save the mission as a new version (save as) and that can sometimes be all you need.

I might try reloading the script in the mission (assuming it’s a script file) before saving but that may or may not do anything... at least start with that and then see where we go from there.

ENO,

I tried renaming the mission with SaveAs and still no go. It works properly when I fly the mission from the mission editor though. We all have the CAM installed although our games are installed on different drives but I don't think that would matter. I am running the DCS Beta Dedicated Server and all of us our running the Beta release. I just renamed the mission and resaved it with a different name, then put it up on the server. The Yaks and the C130's spawn but the B727's never show up. I am going to reload the script and try again...

Thanks

edit: Well I reloaded the RAT script and noticed I had been loading the MOOSE Framework once at mission start and also when I loaded the RAT script. I thought I figured it out. Not. I removed the second MOOSE load and re-saved all with a new name and still no B727's.

Edited by davebert
added info

Try changing the 727s to another aircraft type? Any chance the entry for the 727 is borked? You should post it up and maybe there is something just preventing that from loading.

I struggled with some things similar and found syntax errors were the cause. Sometimes syntax errors with other aircraft types- like a mistake for one aircraft loaded the aircraft to a point but after the error stopped performing as expected. And also didn’t load following aircraft. At least I think that’s what happened. Anyway post your 727 entry and I should be able to help

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

ENO,

Ok, here is the RAT script. It works from the ME so maybe I need to change the order of the lines or have a typo but I wonder why it works in the ME.

-- Create a RAT Object.

local yak=RAT:New("RAT_YAK")
-- Spawn five planes
yak:Spawn(5)

local c130=RAT:New("RAT_C130")
c130:Spawn(5)

local b727=RAT:New("RAT_B727")
b727:Spawn(10)

local b727skins=({"AEROFLOT", "Air France", "Alaska", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "Clean", "Delta Airlines", "Delta Airlines OLD", "FedEx", "Hapag Lloyd", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa Oberhausen Old", "Northwest", "Pan Am", "Singapore Airlines", "Southwest", "UNITED", "UNITED Old", "ZERO G"})

b727:Livery(b727skins)

edit: Using the Persian Gulf Terrain.

Edited by davebert

Yeah good point I forgot it was working single player. I'm not seeing anything on that and certainly don't have the expertise to explain why that single aircraft isn't working- other than the fact it's the only one not in the actual game files (compared to the YAK and the C130.)

I presume the computer you test / play on is also the computer hosting the MP server?

"ENO"

Yeah good point I forgot it was working single player. I'm not seeing anything on that and certainly don't have the expertise to explain why that single aircraft isn't working- other than the fact it's the only one not in the actual game files (compared to the YAK and the C130.)

I presume the computer you test / play on is also the computer hosting the MP server?

The B-727 does show up in the ME. The skins after you install CAM and in the mods folder under the aircraft folder Liveries. I built a new pc to run the beta dedicated DCS server on. Weird it works from the ME though...

Thanks

edit: You are correct. The B-727 is part of the CAM mod. Hmmm.

Edited by davebert

The B-727 does show up in the ME. The skins after you install CAM and in the mods folder under the aircraft folder Liveries. I built a new pc to run the beta dedicated DCS server on. Weird it works from the ME though...

Thanks

edit: You are correct. The B-727 is part of the CAM mod. Hmmm.

Yeah I'm just wondering if the computer you're working on and testing from has the same version of the script on the server that you're having the issue with... And that its version has also been refreshed.

Again sorry bud- if I were having the same issue these are things I'd be trying out.

"ENO"

Yeah I'm just wondering if the computer you're working on and testing from has the same version of the script on the server that you're having the issue with... And that its version has also been refreshed.

Again sorry bud- if I were having the same issue these are things I'd be trying out.

ENO,

With your moral support I figured it out and all is working great. :) A bit of a hierarchy issue on the server when I installed the mod. :music_whistling:

Thanks

ENO,

With your moral support I figured it out and all is working great. :) A bit of a hierarchy issue on the server when I installed the mod. :music_whistling:

Thanks

Happy to hear :) And thanks ENO for the support :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Happy to hear :) And thanks ENO for the support :thumbup:

Yes, thanks to both of you. :) I have a question that I need to ask before I get the other flyers on my server grumbling. :P When we use the CAM with RAT and we cycle through the planes with the F2 key, there are a lot more key presses of course because of the added aircraft. Is there a mod or even an existing feature that allows a player to just cycle through the Blue Team or Red Team for example, instead of all of the aircraft? Sometimes when we fly we like to observe the other player landing on a carrier and all the extra F2 key presses may become an issue.

Thanks

Been playing around with this and its awesome :)

A question, would it be possible to add a Tacan to the 747?

Have just 1 747 flying around as Air Force One and would be helpful finding the ting, edit the B_747.lua or something?

And could someone have a look at my RAT Script.lua, cant get random skins to work...

local F14B=RAT:New("RAT_F14B")
F14B:Spawn(2)
local A320=RAT:New("RAT_A320")
A320:Spawn(2)
local B747=RAT:New("RAT_747")
B747:Spawn(1)
local C130=RAT:New("RAT_C130")
C130:Spawn(2)
cessna:Spawn(2)

-- Liveries
local a320skins={"Aeroflot", "Aeroflot 1", "Air Asia", "Air Berlin", "Air Berlin FFO", "Air Berlin OLT", "Air Berlin retro", "Air France", "Air Moldova", "Airbus Neo", "Al Maha", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "British Airways", "Cebu Pacific", "Clean", "Condor", "Delta Airlines", "Easy Jet","Easy Jet Berlin","Easy Jet w", "Edelweiss", "Emirates", "Etihad", "Eurowings", "Eurowings BVB09", "Eurowings Europa Park", "Fly Georgia", "Fly Niki", "Frontier", "German Wings", "Gulf Air", "Iberia", "Iran Air", "Jet Blue NY", "JetBlue", "jetBlue FDNY", "Kish Air", "Kuwait Airways", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa New", "MEA", "Qatar", "S7", "SAS", "Saudi Gulf", "Saudi", "Small Planet", "Star Alliance", "SWISS", "Thomas Cook", "Tunis Air", "Turkish Airlines", "United", "Ural Airlines", "US Airways", "Vietnam Airlines", "Virgin", "WiZZ", "WiZZ Budapest", "WOW"}
local cessnaskins={"D-EKVW", "HellenicAF", "Muster", "N9672H", "SEagle_blue", "SEagle_red", "USAF-Academy", "V5-BUG", "VH-JGA"}

Edited by JanK

Looks like the A320 ones aren’t working because it’s not capped on the livery entry. (Local a320skins=) Not sure about the Cessna ones yet. Still looking.

I’m assuming all those cessna liveries are as they’re folders are spelled? Edit: never mind I see you use the same ones as in the example- assuming you’re using the civilian air traffic mod?

I’m a noob but I try to help and learn at the same time.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Been playing around with this and its awesome :)

A question, would it be possible to add a Tacan to the 747?

Have just 1 747 flying around as Air Force One and would be helpful finding the ting, edit the B_747.lua or something?

And could someone have a look at my RAT Script.lua, cant get random skins to work...

local F14B=RAT:New("RAT_F14B")
F14B:Spawn(2)
local A320=RAT:New("RAT_A320")
A320:Spawn(2)
local B747=RAT:New("RAT_747")
B747:Spawn(1)
local C130=RAT:New("RAT_C130")
C130:Spawn(2)
cessna:Spawn(2)

-- Liveries
local cessnaskins={"D-EKVW", "HellenicAF", "Muster", "N9672H", "SEagle_blue", "SEagle_red", "USAF-Academy", "V5-BUG", "VH-JGA"}

You need to enclose the skins with a leading and trailing parenthesis like this:

local b727skins=({"AEROFLOT", "Air France", "Alaska", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "Clean", "Delta Airlines", "Delta Airlines OLD", "FedEx", "Hapag Lloyd", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa Oberhausen Old", "Northwest", "Pan Am", "Singapore Airlines", "Southwest", "UNITED", "UNITED Old", "ZERO G"})