The Enemy Within 3.0

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've completed the 1st 2 missions and I can already tell how amazing this campaign is going to be. I have run into an issue though.....everytime the voice over script is initiated, for some reason bitchin betty is iniated as well. For example ... in mission 2 when Dodge 1 voice script plays and tells Prowler 1 to stop and hold their position while Dodge checks out suspicious activities ahead bitching betty is going off the exact same time the voice script is activated with either "warning auto pilot" or "altitude altitude" . I was not using auto pilot and I was orbiting prowler at 5000 feet. And bitching betty sounded off every single time a voice over was played from take off to landing. So....is there something I'm missing? Do I need to adjust a setting? Has anyone else seen this?

Hmm, never heard about such problem.. have you tried to repair the DCS?

Yes i did that.....just finished flying the 3rd mission and once i was directed to to contact overlord just after passing way-point 7 the comms broke ( no matter what i did i couldn't communicate with anyone in the sim, and yes i was using the frequencies correctly) nothing would respond to comms. I made the way-points on time and did not veer off of my flight plan. My flight ignored all orders given, overlord would not respond, and kobuleti would not respond...im at a loss, i did land without clearance and the mission did end but i got an overall score of 20. Not sure what (if anything) im doing wrong. So frustrating because the campaign has a lot of promise. :(

Just for info, for those who want to play with a fix for the messy cockpit switches, it is here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2268038/ (bug with the A-10C itself, nothing to do with this great campaign)

Though to be honest, since ED won't integrate the patch or even fix the cockpit themselves, I gave up updating the file, so check that they are still compatible with your version first (DCS2.1.0.5677.215\clickabledata.orig.lua is the same as your original Cockpit/Scripts/clickabledata.lua). Last time I tried it was still OK.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not, there is no way to have the DLC campaign in MP mode :( still, all the missions are doable without the wingman (I never linked any points to wingman’s survival or not exactly because of the AI problems). I am also working on a big MP mission based on TEW 3.0 with some of the tasks replicated there.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, very immersive work on what I've seen so far. A question though (hidden because spoilers).

After flying to the explosion coordinates, tuning in 144.5 AM nothing happens. No MANPAD (I had to youtube it), no comms, no Hinds...eventually a trio of fire engines pops up but just sits there doing nothing.

Orbitted at 7000, flew as low as 30ft, nothing, no trigger... am I doing something wrong?

Hey! Perhaps you missed some point before? Either that or some DCs bug with MANPADS. Do you do the same things as in YouTube?

I believe I have done everything correctly as I get up right to the point where 2 says "They decimated two buildings..." and that speech line...it just seems to be that the MANPADs are not triggering for some reason.

I am running on the latest OB...will have to try stable but haven't had the time to go through the motions yet. :)

• 1 month later...

This is very weird. I flew it and had no trouble and I have updated the mission and fixed the problem (caused by a bug with some buildings having transparent roofs and units falling through them). I will check tomorrow. But you can go ahead and just land at this point and the campaign will progress.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, is it just me, or something messed up A-10C?

Patrol mission (M06?) apart from the E2 distress call no further comms and no further triggers. Also, when overflying the target, TGP goes blind (grey) then comes back when beginning turning back. ???

• 2 months later...

The A-10C training missions should have you covered for the campaign. Maybe look up a tutroial on how to input bullseye coordinates - can't remember if that is in the training missions.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

What are the prerequisites for this campaign ?

Do I need to know perfectly all the systems of the A-10C, or just with the in-game tutorials is enought ?

I think you'll need a certain level of proficiency.

Creating waypoints from MGRS coords and from Bullseye offsets is a must. Tuning radio freqs for all 3 radios is a must.

You need to be able to follow a flightplan closely.

When push comes to shove, you have to be quick on putting weapons on target. Knowing how to handle the AI wingmen can be helpful, though most missions could even be accomplished solo (I believe that is because of the AI limitations).

There's no need to be uber-proficient or have a god-like knowledge of the A-10C. But it definitely helps to have a good understanding of the aircraft and its system. And when a mission fails because of a knowledge gap, that's always a good opportunity to re-do the appropriate training mission or watch a tutorial on YouTube and hopefully nail the mission on the second attempt. :thumbup: