Radar: TWS drops lock

ZHeN

Everyone has his own preferences about what is most important.

But the real important thing is the M-2000 overhaul is beeing worked on.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, clearly PvP is the future of DCS, and to be successful at CAP the pilot has to be as stealthy as possible, thus emit only as much as required (thus TWS). Whether there's a green triangle or not on HUD doesn't impact one's combat performance (afaik).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I do play both PvP and PvE. Since 2014. But usually not on Blueflag. What that now has to do with anything?

Look. Flying M2000C I wait until the target is really close and usually go right into a hardlock. M2000C is best used in-close and personal with Super530D. MagicII, I only carry cause they sort of look cool and the D2M sensor.

Working TWS would be nice, but Im not loosing any fights because of it. And I don't really care about a highscore anyway. There are other flight games or upcoming MAC to cover that "competitive" game stuff.

I do understand your opinion. But if Razbam thinks it is better to update the basics first like HUD/PCA im fine with it. They know development better than us. TWS and overhaul of radar will be great, but one step at the time.

Hornet on the other hand is in desperate need of TWS for IFF and Aim-120 launch and still nothing there... just to put things in perspective. It could be worse :music_whistling:

And I don't agree on your assesment. I think PvE will at least be as big if not bigger than PvP.

MAC will be where PvP shines.

Edited by Schmidtfire

I wait until the target is really close

You mean in wide radar search? That's the thing... Every second you emit on BlueFlag Persian Gulf (team blue, since only they have M2000) gives all enemy Hornet (with their uber radar) and Gazelle Mistral pilots a perfect SA...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And they already have player GCI nearly 24/7 fyi

Well. The odds are not in your favour. They have better avionics and better missiles and GCI so you can’t hide... Sounds like a fail, tws or no tws.

I also want to have all those great updates, but lets leave the development to the devs who actually knows the code and how the different systems are tied together.

Ok. I just hope Zeus knows about the importance of it to be fixed very very soon.

RDI?

The current BlueFlag setup places Mirage on the team to simulate opfor mirages (some countries around Persian Gulf had/have Mirage 2000 apparently)

Hornet on the other hand is in desperate need of TWS for IFF and Aim-120 launch and still nothing there... just to put things in perspective. It could be worse :music_whistling:

To add perspective, the Mirage has been "fully released" for years now. :tomato:

To add perspective, the Mirage has been "fully released" for years now. :tomato:

"Fully released" does not mean it's fully functional. It is just not early access :megalol:

In the meantime, Im pulling the trigger on MiG-19P. Should be a lot of fun to zip around in while I wait for the Mirage overhaul.

Edited by Schmidtfire

RDI?

The current BlueFlag setup places Mirage on the team to simulate opfor mirages (some countries around Persian Gulf had/have Mirage 2000 apparently)

Hep, United Arab Emirates used Mirage 2000 EAD/ RAD. Most were converted to Mirage 2000-9 and serve alongside new built fighters.

But UAE is both French and US ally (F-16E Block 60/ 61).

So I still don't understand why you're flying OPFOR Mirage 2000.

Waiting for Tomcat Iran has MiG-29 and F-5E.

I will let you search by yourself what RDI stands for...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yep, and we don't know which patch "destroyed" the TWS

That is one of the reasons I tend to avoid Blueflag.... and fly AJS-37 Viggen as redfor?

Idk, I dont have Viggen

Hep, United Arab Emirates used Mirage 2000 EAD/ RAD. Most were converted to Mirage 2000-9 and serve alongside new built fighters.

But UAE is both French and US ally (F-16E Block 60/ 61).

So I still don't understand why you're flying OPFOR Mirage 2000.

Waiting for Tomcat Iran has MiG-29 and F-5E.

I will let you search by yourself what RDI stands for...

Mirage on BF PG is cosplaying iranian Mirage F1

there are simply no modern eastern clickable modules in DCS, that's why mirage is on that side

and viggen

balance reasons

funny how this thread derailed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You mean in wide radar search? That's the thing... Every second you emit on BlueFlag Persian Gulf (team blue, since only they have M2000) gives all enemy Hornet (with their uber radar) and Gazelle Mistral pilots a perfect SA...

Schmidtfire is right and actually describes the best tactic for flying the M2K!

He may be able to teach you a few things about the M2K:P

The only way to remain stealthy in an M2k is to be radar off. TWS is NOT and never was stealthy radar. It emits therefore it broadcasts.

Now this is NOT to say there isn't a problem with the radar. But I'm willing to wait and see what they come up with.

Dagger I didn't claim that Schmidt is "wrong"... He just didn't mention yet whether he uses radar in wide, medium or narrow beam when scanning... And of course M2000 is best when close to the enemy. I didn't claim anything else there either. But good luck trying to get close on BlueFlag Persia without a GCI in your team (and with EWR that only updates once every few minutes)

Edited

Dagger I didn't claim that Schmidt is "wrong"... He just didn't mention yet whether he uses radar in wide, medium or narrow beam when scanning... And of course M2000 is best when close to the enemy. I didn't claim anything else there either. But good luck trying to get close on BlueFlag Persia without a GCI in your team (and with EWR that only updates once every few minutes)

Again, TWS won't solve the issues your having on that map at that server. You are trying to hide on a flat map against superior airframes, sensors and weapons ;)

And you think it's tough now.... just wait until the Datalink, SA page and towable decoys come into play. No more hiding at all against F/A-18C.

I always fly "vanilla" with default radar settings. Sometimes I change scan up to 80. In close I use the special modes. Because 1: It's effective and 2: It makes me feel special.

PM me if you want more tips and tactics on the M2000C.

Anyways, let's get back on topic wich is the TWS bug. Acknowledged, reported and will be fixed.

Edited by Schmidtfire

Not flat map in many areas... If u checked my YouTube channel u'd see. South of Khasab and north of Bandar Lengeh is all mountains, but at least good hills for low level flight.

Mirage on BF PG is cosplaying iranian Mirage F1

there are simply no modern eastern clickable modules in DCS, that's why mirage is on that side

and viggen

balance reasons

funny how this thread derailed

Yep, Iranian Mirage F1 are Iraqi Mirage F1 who fleed destruction in 2003.

No support, no (French) weapons, they are only good for parade.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

• 2 months later...

Anyways, let's get back on topic wich is the TWS bug. Acknowledged, reported and will be fixed.

Hopefully before end of spring 2019. It seems Razbam still doesn't understand how important this fix is to be capable of dealing properly vs. enemy F/A-18C players in PvP. Any ideas to make them aware of the importance?

Hopefully before end of spring 2019. It seems Razbam still doesn't understand how important this fix is to be capable of dealing properly vs. enemy F/A-18C players in PvP. Any ideas to make them aware of the importance?

Does the Hornet have TWS currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Does the Hornet have TWS currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we speak, only Latent Track While Scan (LTWS).

Which means you must put the radar cursor over the contact to get data (soft lock).

Mirage fanatic !