Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

MemphisBelle

Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

• No, I want them to focus on the AH-1, Mi-24, and F-16
    • Yes, but not at the expense of other modules
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of the F-16 but not necessarily ahead of the helicopters
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of other modules

IMHO, The F-16C Fits in the Current Theatre's a little bit better than the F-4E would.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to comment on the F-14C: like most NAVY fighters it wasn't just a "fleet defender", it doubled as a very capable strike fighter, as well.

Currently reading some Osprey books on OEF and OIF.

The F-14C and F/A-18C did a lot of deep strikes, CAS and what not...

F-14C? Never heard of that.

F-14C was the protoype developed for the Air Force.

attachment.php?attachmentid=189951&stc=1&d=1531610112

main-qimg-626092f842a332f7d195d68f9f9e60d2-c.jpg.53eb5708db5c0f47f01bfa4078192135.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Which means it did not fly a deep strike mission anywhere.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Which means it did not fly a deep strike mission anywhere.
I really hate typing on smartphones... ;)

You know which aircraft I mean. The big one with the swing wing.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The F-4E fits perfect, Iran is using them.

Export Versions.

You know which aircraft I mean. The big one with the swing wing.

F-4_Phantom_II_USN_last_operational_carrier_landing.jpg

what ? :D the Phantom is pretty big enough (like an Eagle), especially next to a Hornet or a Viper :smilewink:

but honestly, I know what you mean :yes:

I love when she wears ASB :music_whistling:

USAF%20F-14C%20TOMCAT.05_zpsrszeqebr.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Everyone gets an opinion, here is mine.

I'm surprised when I heard that the F-16 was next because honestly it's already done to death in another similar sim we all know, and it's been on the market for years.

I think the most interesting aspect of DCS is that it tackles aircraft that are not that mainstream. I would never have thought I would be interested in the KA-50 or the Mirage 2000 but after rolling the dice on them they are my favorite aircraft. Even the Mi-8 I find to be such a departure than anything else I've ever simmed in my life that I am glad they developed it with such care and detail.

I purchased the F-18, even against my best judgement and honestly I'm underwhelmed. It's not that it isn't a nice capable aircraft but rather I've seen it, in previous sims, over and over. not that it isn't better, more detailed etc but it's vanilla, press a few buttons and you lock something, press button fire, pull 9g's, hit afterburner etc etc. I can't help but think the F-16 is the same, because it is.

Maybe I'm old school, but after you've played sim after sim with a HUD and MFD's you get kinda burned out on all the tech and appreciate how much work crews had to do with older aircraft to get things done. I guess that is why I'd prefer to see the F-4 vs another electric jet with computer screens all over the place doing the same thing I have already been doing for years.

Maybe the next module can be a drone and you just stay on the F10 map screen and point and click where you want it to go and fight.

Old man opinion over.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I'm torn. Personally I wanted an F-4 for some opfor action on PG. But the F-16 will have a great following and grab some more people to the genre and get multiplayer more fat. I'm not sure it will come as fast as anyone hopes, there's no such thing as fast development in DCS, those feeling optimistic just need to go look at cold facts and reset expectations. I sincerely expect the pipeline to have only made the next module much further away. F-18 isn't done by a long long way. Nothing wrong with this though, it's a good lineup.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I'm surprised when I heard that the F-16 was next because honestly it's already done to death in another similar sim we all know, and it's been on the market for years.

I think the most interesting aspect of DCS is that it tackles aircraft that are not that mainstream. I would never have thought I would be interested in the KA-50 or the Mirage 2000 but after rolling the dice on them they are my favorite aircraft. Even the Mi-8 I find to be such a departure than anything else I've ever simmed in my life that I am glad they developed it with such care and detail.

I purchased the F-18, even against my best judgement and honestly I'm underwhelmed. It's not that it isn't a nice capable aircraft but rather I've seen it, in previous sims, over and over. not that it isn't better, more detailed etc but it's vanilla, press a few buttons and you lock something, press button fire, pull 9g's, hit afterburner etc etc. I can't help but think the F-16 is the same, because it is.

Maybe I'm old school, but after you've played sim after sim with a HUD and MFD's you get kinda burned out on all the tech and appreciate how much work crews had to do with older aircraft to get things done. I guess that is why I'd prefer to see the F-4 vs another electric jet with computer screens all over the place doing the same thing I have already been doing for years.

Maybe the next module can be a drone and you just stay on the F10 map screen and point and click where you want it to go and fight.

Old man opinion over.

Yea I agree 100%. To me all the US aircraft that people are claiming for (which also includes Razbam's F15E) feel pretty same-ish. They are great machines just...not with the soul of a Viggen or Phantom in my opinion. Sad to see the F16 having precedence but what can you do, it's likely going to sell very well and ED would be silly to pass that up.

Old man opinion over.

I totally agree... I was way more interested in the F-4 than in the F-16... I see no real need for the F-16 right now in DCS.

Amen to that my friend.

I love the F-16 and will pick it up in a second. I also will pick the F-4 up in a second. I love the older jets. I'm really looking forward to the Mig-23 though. Can't wait for that one. And of course my fav since I was little, the F-14 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yepp, still it definitely is what I would call a multirole jet?! F-4E can't tank others either... ;)

But it can Pardo Push! Who needs tankers! hah!

Having said that, I'd like the Cobra/Falcon before the F4. I understand that a modern jet is a modern jet is a modern jet. But landing on an aircraft carrier with FA18? That's a neat feeling. I was so happy when I landed my first carrier trap on F19 Stealth Fighter. And to see it in all its glory with DCS, incredible.

But I'll buy anything from DCS except MIGs. Just couldn't care less. But everything else, I'll buy to support them.

Blackhawks, Apache, Little Bird are all on my wish list. And then I have the Corsairs; here's to hoping someone makes that one.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But it can Pardo Push! Who needs tankers! hah!

Having said that, I'd like the Cobra/Falcon before the F4. I understand that a modern jet is a modern jet is a modern jet. But landing on an aircraft carrier with FA18? That's a neat feeling. I was so happy when I landed my first carrier trap on F19 Stealth Fighter. And to see it in all its glory with DCS, incredible.

But I'll buy anything from DCS except MIGs. Just couldn't care less. But everything else, I'll buy to support them.

Blackhawks, Apache, Little Bird are all on my wish list. And then I have the Corsairs; here's to hoping someone makes that one.

Wasn't the F-4E equipped with a boom receptacle? I'm really not sure, here. :dunno:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

F16 , Dynamic Campaign , F18 , F15E ... it will be 2002 all over again. :megalol:

I'm a huge F16 fan , cant wait for it , but I dont think its all about the aircraft.

"The other sim" have 20 years of content in it and a solid gameplay ( dynamic campaing first ) , it wont be easy challenging it.

Like AC/DC once said : "its a long way to the top if you wanna rock'n'roll".

Wasn't the F-4E equipped with a boom receptacle? I'm really not sure, here. :dunno:

LOL. No, I believe it was the tailhook to Pardo's canopy where the windshield meets the fuselage.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

LOL. No, I believe it was the tailhook to Pardo's canopy where the windshield meets the fuselage.
At least I couldn't find any footage or pictures for an F-4E with a probe...all were with the refueling receptacle and boom, like here:

Shagrat

At least I couldn't find any footage or pictures for an F-4E with a probe...all were with the refueling receptacle and boom, like here:

Remember, he had to push the plane, so he had to keep the tailhook in front of him. He wouldn't have been able to maneuver the plane with the contact point behind his line of sight.

So it was the tail hook of the aircraft in trouble, that touched Pardo's windshield (where it meets the fuselage).

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Drop everything else and get this bad boy finished!

Great news. DCS is in great shape right now.

Slazi : +1

I totally agree...

At the moment we have only one great attack helicopter : the Ka-50 !

The first real DCS module...quiet a long time ago.

Since then nice rotary wings but not a real attack and multiple weapons platform...

When you look on the different forum, a lot of people are expecting the Mi-24 Hind !

I am waiting since months and even years for this magnificient machine !biggrin.gif

Pages of idle chatter that glide over the most important bit:

The Hornet is here, the Yak is on its way, and the Mi-24 is next in that list after that !!!

We don't know if that list is in order..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45