3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

I’m sure it will be the NH90.

- We will have to wait forever :-)

- It will be the most expensive module so far :-)

But it will fly like a dream.

Fly one hour, service 50 hours. Maybe better of they make a BlackHawk and only charge us 1/6th of the price? :doh:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to DCS, and a bit confused. The Gazelle was made by Polychop. Miltech is a new dev group consisting of ex Polychop staff. And do Polychop still continue developing alongside Miltech? If so, then it's good, because out of one helicopter-focused dev group we now have two. Hopefully it means more content too.

Yes we are developing independently from Miltech-5 and are in no way connected to them, no matter if an ex staff founded the other company.

Thank you! I am a total DCS noob, started a month ago, but I already have the Gazelle and love it sooo much! I hope you will develop more helicopters! :-)

CHINOOK!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!!! :music_whistling:

Or maybe an MH/AH-6 littlebird :)

SD

Some time ago, some developer said, that the Littlebird could not be developed because most parts of its systems are still classiffied! :)

Chinook lover - Rober -

Do I understand correctly that the next helicopter from Polychop is gonna be the Kiowa? If so, that's amazing, can't wait!

Yes, the kiowa is their 2nd product after the gazelle. According to the latest news on their FB page, the 3D model for interior and exterior is completed (or almost).

The next steps should be : the FM, damage state, texturing and certainly a lot of other things to do :thumbup:

Moreover, it was said a long time ago in a galaxy far far away that their next chopper (the 3rd one), could be an Airbus helicopter. Nothing sure tho, they were dealing with Airbus to obtain the licence for one chopper but I haven't heard any fresh news about this so wait and see

I thought ED specifically said that someone else has the license for the OH-58 so Polychop can't release one for DCS?

Now reading this, I suddenly have serious doubts regarding a Polychop Kiowa. It looks like it won't happen and indeed it's quite unclear what is going on.

Now reading this, I suddenly have serious doubts regarding a Polychop Kiowa. It looks like it won't happen and indeed it's quite unclear what is going on.

Well the good news is that we know Kiowa is on the road-map for DCS. The bad news is that we don't know who and what's most important by when it'll be done.

We had also witnessed on numerous occasions that the priorities as also the plans as for which dev which make which module get changed. Like the recent news of F-4 being pushed back behind F-16. The modules licence is also not fixed in stone like the MiG-23 which RAZBAM was asked to put on hold just to get it back after a year or so. Lets see. Hopefully Kiowa will get some priority.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I thought ED specifically said that someone else has the license for the OH-58 so Polychop can't release one for DCS?

I saw the same thing. However, someone posted a screenshot on which we can see that Sanbato and an other guy are playing on a private server apparently with an OH-58D Kiowa module made by Polychop.

I don't know if this picture is a fake or not but I believe that it is true (nobody claimed that it is a fake and it looks quite legit for me so...)

captur10.jpg

Butyeah nothing official about a possible Kiowa for DCS made by Polychop. What we know so far is that Polychop is doing an OH-58D and that ED seems to want this chopper in the game (made by Poly or an other 3rd party according to "latest" news).

We can only speculate but maybe that Polychop finally obtained the licence from ED to bring the Kiowa in DCS. Anyway, I'm sure that the Kiowa made by Poly will be for another sim like X-plane or Prepare3d should ED refuse to give the licence :thumbup:

I think you have just see some of my stupid MODS made from the wonderfulllll GAZELLE ... don't trust every thing you see on internet :joystick:

maybe polychop read your hope about this new helicoptère .... or a new french :wub:

captur10.png.f448cda3aacc0a0bff384d8ca422c2ba.png

ok then, I wasn't sure if it was real or not as I said.

I was hopping so hard that the Kiowa was going in test so then Polychop could focus on the 3rd helicopter from Airbus (and maybe one used by the french army !)

NB : Nice X-wing !

I don't think that force was with you in that model.... More like against you...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

i'm sure it's not the mod of the year but have an AS 335 and an x-wing at BATUMI .... :megalol:it's realy fun

Want to complete your collection? :D

starwars.jpg

starwars2.jpg

starwars3.jpg

And yes......

They are all fly-able...........:megalol:

Fun for dogfights.......:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Want to complete your collection? :D

starwars.jpg

starwars2.jpg

starwars3.jpg

And yes......

They are all fly-able...........:megalol:

Fun for dogfights.......:D

But all the discussion on FM 's :P:D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

But all the discussion on FM 's tongue.gif:D
Yea.. Sorry about that....

This was WAY OFF TOPIC.........

So far off topic, it is in a Galaxy far far away........:D

Moving on.....Quickly I might add.......

(Ducking for cover):megalol:

Admins....please move this to the correct Galaxy.......:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."