To preprder or not to preorder?

Cann0nF0dd3r

Like it or not, it is stil al reasonable price.

I can understand you disappointment, if spending money for a sim is too much, World of Warplanes is for free

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not, it is stil al reasonable price.

I can understand you disappointment, if spending money for a sim is too much, World of Warplanes is for free

You don't set the universal standard of reasonableness. I'm perfectly entitled to decide what is reasonable to me, thank you.

It also isn't as simple as "spending money is too much." $80 is too much. I'd actually buy it if it was $60, but not when the company thinks $60 is supposed to represent a discount from what they consider the actual price to be.

As long as they think it's worth $80, I won't be a customer at all. I've learned my lesson from the massive disappointment that the A-10C was.

You don't set the universal standard of reasonableness. I'm perfectly entitled to decide what is reasonable to me, thank you.

It also isn't as simple as "spending money is too much." $80 is too much. I'd actually buy it if it was $60, but not when the company thinks $60 is supposed to represent a discount from what they consider the actual price to be.

As long as they think it's worth $80, I won't be a customer at all. I've learned my lesson from the massive disappointment that the A-10C was.

I can follow your point. However, if you think, it is worth 60$, you don't have to spend more atm.

Shouldn't it be the question whether the product is worth the money you have to spend, rather than how much the developer thinks, the product is worth?

I dont know anything about the A-10C when it was first released but today the A-10 is one of the best an reliable modules in my opinion. Some years in the future i expect the F/A-18 will be as equally good and reliable as the A-10 is nowadays. You can refuse to buy now and wait some years until the F/A-18 is finished and certainly it will be cheaper then. Whether it is worth the long wait to just safe 30 or 40 bucks is your decision alone of course.

It always depends on the time, when you get involved in DCS. When i bought the A-10, it was pretty finished an pretty cheap compared to the initial price and for the Hornet i have to spend more to get a less advanced aircraft.

If i started to fly DCS in 5 years, i could have got both aircraft cheap and in an advanced development state but i would struggle with pre purchasing a e.g. early access F-16. You see my point?

Neither do you.

Did I say that I was the authority on what is universally considered reasonable?

I'm perfectly entitled to decide what is reasonable to me, thank you.

Hrm, it appears that I did not claim to be adjudicating reasonableness for anyone other than myself.

Edited by JCav

As excited as I've been waiting for the F-18 to come out, at $80, you're out of your mind.

There is ZERO chance I support DCS with prices such as that.

And no - I don't consider "but it's $20 off right now" to be a valid argument. They're still attempting to claim $80 is a normal price, so screw that.

So..

When you consider that the A-10 was $60 on launch 7 years ago..and inflation has kicked in..the Hornet module full price is really only about $12 more. Now factor in the time involved, cost associated with developing the module, etc.

You're essentially expecting ED to eat the inflation costs involved and sell a vastly more complex module with new systems in DCS, etc..for the same price as the A-10.

How is that reasonable?

I've learned my lesson from the massive disappointment that the A-10C was.

Ratings on Various Storefronts and Reviews say the opposite.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Module also includes US$ 16 in bonus points, in addition to the US$ 20 discount, that you could use on the future towards the purchase of Campaigns :)

I don't think you get bonus points on sale items. I could be wrong but I didn't get any on the items I bought during the winter sale

So..

When you consider that the A-10 was $60 on launch 7 years ago..and inflation has kicked in..the Hornet module full price is really only about $12 more. Now factor in the time involved, cost associated with developing the module, etc.

You're essentially expecting ED to eat the inflation costs involved and sell a vastly more complex module with new systems in DCS, etc..for the same price as the A-10.

How is that reasonable?

Because every developer of every AAA game does the same, and the industry standard price for a AAA title is $60.

Regarding the 'disappointment' that A-10C was - to me, that is the verdict. The simulation aspect was wonderful, but the reliance on scripted missions or user-generated content was lackluster, to say the least.

That is my opinion on the matter, which has no reliance on any review scores. I simply don't care what metacritic has to say. Nobody gets to claim that my disappointment in the A-10C module is 'wrong' based on someone else's opinion.

• Like 1

• ED Team
Because every developer of every AAA game does the same, and the industry standard price for a AAA title is $60.

Regarding the 'disappointment' that A-10C was - to me, that is the verdict. The simulation aspect was wonderful, but the reliance on scripted missions or user-generated content was lackluster, to say the least.

That is my opinion on the matter, which has no reliance on any review scores. I simply don't care what metacritic has to say. Nobody gets to claim that my disappointment in the A-10C module is 'wrong' based on someone else's opinion.

So we got it now, you think the price is too much, thanks for sharing. Right now the price is 60, it will go up to 80, and after that I am sure there will be sales and bundles if ED follows every other release. That is where we are at. It's not changing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png