Warthog Throttle IDLE/OFF

Hello,

I can't shut down the engines by placing the throttle to "OFF". This has been working flawlessly for my until now - haven't flown for a week.

In cold start - I can move then throttle from "OFF" to "IDLE" to start, but not the other way around.

I have checked settings - all looks good (I didn't change anything)

Any ideas?

Thankyou

further investigation -

Can cold start - but once throttles are in IDLE or greater, they cannot be returned to "CUTOFF", even with finger lifts operating.

If I start a mission with engines running - I cannot shutdown.

Possible bug in the bug?

I would try clearing out the idle/off assignment in the control menu, and re-assigning.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Here once you left "OFF" for "IDLE". There is no turning back to "OFF". It is not even possible to put the Throttle in the "OFF" position via the keyboard.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Works fine with my TM Warthog throttle.

I have bound...

"Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE" to JOY_BTN30

"Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE" to JOY_BTN29

Do you have the same bindings?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Here once you left "OFF" for "IDLE". There is no turning back to "OFF". It is not even possible to put the Throttle in the "OFF" position via the keyboard.

Not accurate. I can turn the engines off mid flight. Sounds like an incorrect binding. As others have stated, need to bind each throttle for the off/idle assignment, rather than just off or idle.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Something like this happened to me a few days ago. It was a cold-start mission and the engines both started fine, but after landing neither would shut down.

Never thought to try the keyboard before ending the mission. Will check bindings, but I certainly haven't changed anything recently.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Something like this happened to me a few days ago. It was a cold-start mission and the engines both started fine, but after landing neither would shut down.

Never thought to try the keyboard before ending the mission. Will check bindings, but I certainly haven't changed anything recently.

I have had rebinds happen to me before after updating DCS. No idea why, but it has happened. I always save control config prior to updating now. Should work with throttles, not just keyboard.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Still no problem at all on my end with idle/off with my Warthog throttle.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Here I continue with the same problem.

Here I continue with the same problem.

Can you screen shot your binding(s) for off/idle please?

Cheers,

Don

I don't think its a bindings issue. Rather than using the IDLE/OFF binding, mine is set up via target script editor to fire - for example - RALT+HOME when the left lever is moved from OFF and RALT+END when it's moved to OFF.

This is working perfectly, it seems to be the sim that is not responding. I'll try using IDLE/OFF instead and see if that helps, but the fact that several people are suddenly having the same issue suggests something's changed DCS-side.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I don't think its a bindings issue...

Disagree! I have bound throttle switches to the OFF/IDLE commands and it works perfectly.

Just tested again, went through several cycles of OFF/IDLE, and every time it worked like a charm.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can you screen shot your binding(s) for off/idle please?

Cheers,

Don

Here! Thank You! :thumbup:

73032899_515092965997836_4036956245318434816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkWS3Vy71IGKIessQRGb1enbx-m26LAPiXkLtuSrYDIeWVW-gmdJwipwuEuFichMgKh6dX0jgaeOHUY4CtXSpF8&_nc_ht=scontent.fmao1-1.fna&oh=7f55ca37e53435ef72cf010e39a09809&oe=5E562438

bindings look ok, same as mine.

Is this in Open Beta?

LeCuvier

bindings look ok, same as mine.

Is this in Open Beta?

Yes! OpenBeta! :thumbup:

Have you tried clearing your bindings (preferably all of them, but min those ones) and/or doing a repair?

I agree that the fact that more than one person is having the problem is unusual, but I can add my name to the list of people with a WH throttle that it's working for. I have it set directly in game rather than thru TARGET software. I wonder if there is an issue somewhere there.

Yes! OpenBeta! :thumbup:

and you use the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle?

LeCuvier

and you use the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle?

Yes! :thumbup:

Yes! :thumbup:

These 2 commands are so basic I cannot see how they could go wrong unless something is corrupted in your system. I would take following steps:

1. run a repair. If that doesn't help,

2. delete all "...diff.lua" files under "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick" and re-create bindings from scratch. If that doesn't help,

3. contact support

LeCuvier