Kills not added to logbook

muehlema

I started having this problem just recently, logbook records flight time and landings but not any of the kills. I fly exclusively SP using home brew missions and I am running the latest OB. Both the Hornet and Tomcat module have the same problem. I have also tried creating a new logbook but to no avail. I have no mods installed except for Tacview.

After some more testing tonight, my problem is also that the kills are only recorded if I exit the mission before landing. If I fly the same mission and land then exit only the flight time is recorded. Strange.

What is odd is that I never had this problem until now in the 8 years of using DCS. I have also tried repairing the installation and rebuilding the DCS save game folder. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a clean reinstall but I am not confident it will fix the problem.

What is odd is that I never had this problem until now in the 8 years of using DCS. I have also tried repairing the installation and rebuilding the DCS save game folder. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a clean reinstall but I am not confident it will fix the problem.

I've had this issue over all the years with different PCs and different Windows Versions. sometimes it is more obvious sometimes logbook works as intended.

Have no clue what's going on there.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a problem of ending the mission after landing. Ending it midair and your kills are counted to the log.

btw. I found out that a touch-and-go does the job.

So if the mission does not require a full stop on ground (e.g. on a certain parking slot or something) and you want the (almost full) satisfaction of having made it home, then do a touch-and-go and end the mission afterwards and your kills are counted to the log.

don't know if that works on carriers too yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone solved this problem with logbook? I am new do DCS and fly with Tomcat and I have this problem from the beginning. By the way touch and go on carrier does not do the job because when you touch the deck and wave off it counts as landing.

Did anyone solved this problem with logbook? I am new do DCS and fly with Tomcat and I have this problem from the beginning. By the way touch and go on carrier does not do the job because when you touch the deck and wave off it counts as landing.

One of the last OB update notes mentioned that they cared for the AA kills. No word about AG kills though.

Since I'm using stable version I can't tell if the issue is fixed.

I don't get what you mean by the touch and go thing on carrier. A touch and go on a shore airfield also counts as a landing but this was never the problem as long as you don't end the mission on the ground. I did not test AA kills with carrier missions.

• 2 months later...