New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Really? And what logic did you use to determine this? I seem to be unable to retrieve any sense of time from this message.

Quantum logic you know ;) Superposition of YES and NO :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quantum logic you know ;) Superposition of YES and NO :D

Always difficult, those higher powers.. :doh:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Comparative :music_whistling:

Thanks for your effort, mate :thumbup: Makes me even more appreciate what we are getting.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Jesus! what a huge difference. Thanks for making these comparisons! Even though it's W.I.P and Matt was using a darker setting (gamma slider), I think it could be a bit more bright. But the terrain is stunning. :)

Note: It's important to keep in mind that these images were edited.

Edited by Vitormouraa

Comparative :music_whistling:

Thanks Psicodreamics! :thumbup:

The 2.5 map look so much better... except for two things :huh:

The lake in the first picture should be blue through the reflection of the sky in any weather where the sky is also blue; ie not overcast.

The splotchiness if the snow somehow looks more realistic to me in 1.5.7, but that might just be me. Splotchy snow is tricky. It depends heavily on how it got splotchy. Generally, where the sun shines less, because of building, vegetation, and the unevenness of the surface of the land, snow will last longer (not melt or be blown away).

Also, where it has been piled up through snow clearance. There possibly ought to be areas at the edges of runways, taxi ways, and ramps, where the snow has been piled up through clearance. The same goes for the edges of roads, where plowing piles the snow.

Edited by Captain Orso
spelling

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I would suggest to everyone that "look for the hair in the egg" to stop please... doing that will probably only delay the release or stop developers from posting progress. Personally I dont care if the lake is blue or not overcasted, if the tree is too tall or too short because I know that after the release we can always report the bugs and give ED the time to fix it (you can always keep the previous 1.5.x if you don't like the trees or whatever)... in the meantime I enjoy this screenshots and the work that the team is putting in this to release as soon as possible this updates... good job and thank you

• Like 5

I would suggest to everyone that "look for the hair in the egg" to stop please... doing that will probably only delay the release or stop developers from posting progress. Personally I dont care if the lake is blue or not overcasted, if the tree is too tall or too short because I know that after the release we can always report the bugs and give ED the time to fix it (you can always keep the previous 1.5.x if you don't like the trees or whatever)... in the meantime I enjoy this screenshots and the work that the team is putting in this to release as soon as possible this updates... good job and thank you

very tru!e words. . . +1!!

+1

Well said.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• ED Team

" New caucasus map "

lets not take this off topic.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

One point that might have not been noticed is that as communicated, winter textures were one of the few things missing to complete the map.

In other words, basically unless I'm mixing some facts, as well looking on the intensity of news and new screenshots appearing, the initial map release should be almost there.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

One point that might have not been noticed is that as communicated, winter textures were one of the few things missing to complete the map.

In other words, basically unless I'm mixing some facts, as well looking on the intensity of news and new screenshots appearing, the initial map release should be almost there.

These have been my thoughts as well, combined with the lack of updates to 1.5 or 2.1 I think we could possibly expect something in the very near future.

To my uneducated eyes their screenshots looked final even 4-5 months ago. I really can't imagine what's holding up the release, but this doesn't mean they don't have a good reason. I really can't wait to have only 1 install. Now I only have 2.1 and I really miss the Caucasus when I fly modern planes.

To my uneducated eyes their screenshots looked final even 4-5 months ago. I really can't imagine what's holding up the release, but this doesn't mean they don't have a good reason. I really can't wait to have only 1 install. Now I only have 2.1 and I really miss the Caucasus when I fly modern planes.

There are lot of things screenshots can't show like AI pathfinding, performance improvments, unit placement for campains...

There are lot of things screenshots can't show like AI pathfinding, performance improvments, unit placement for campains...

^This, plus other items like trigger zones, etc, a lot of things are different due to things like new trees, new higher detailed mesh, etc.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

^This, plus other items like trigger zones, etc, a lot of things are different due to things like new trees, new higher detailed mesh, etc.

Thanks guys. Points like this help put things in perspective. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

On the latest screenshots showing winter in the new Caucasus map, I am just wondering why there is even spotty snow? Are the winters warm in the Caucasus, or..?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the latest screenshots showing winter in the new Caucasus map, I am just wondering why there is even spotty snow? Are the winters warm in the Caucasus, or..?

Climate change...:pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Climate change...:pilotfly:
Haha!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...or...Batumi:

attachment.php?attachmentid=170525&stc=1&d=1507690773

attachment.php?attachmentid=170526&stc=1&d=1507690773

1963584853_Batumi-Snow01.thumb.jpg.790afde5a6387d470e6ad5bf2c2fb0cf.jpg

188522888_BatumiSnow03Port.jpg.0bc1e16cb562d7d53946201e1ef74eb1.jpg

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

...or...Batumi:

attachment.php?attachmentid=170525&stc=1&d=1507690773

attachment.php?attachmentid=170526&stc=1&d=1507690773

Wow, beautiful city. In the simulation all the cities look so east block Beton square everything looks the same. In reality they actually have breathtaking beauty.

Thanks for sharing.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb