Helios FAQ

Just the thread I was looking for!

I have currently taken over the home theater room and have the projector running outside HUD view and a 22" NON-TOUCHSCREEN monitor on the desk running your awesome profile.

Now almost everything works perfectly, except that the rotaries for setting comms frequencies are just super sensitive.

I have tried everything I can think of, changing sensitivity, changing from swipe to touch.

Now touch should work better for me I would think, 1 click on either side of the rotary should change the rotary setting by in the appropriate direction, but I get between 1 and 6! position changes for each click.

Any suggestions?

edited to say: I noticed that HF tuning is perfect, but COMM1 and COMM2 are having the issue. They all appear to be setup with the same parameters so I am wondering if it might be something in the output bindings? The first AM encoder is set to 'increment VHF AM Radio 1st Frequency Selector on DCS A10C' which seems reasonable.

Also, this is in 2.1, I will go and try in 1.5 now - confirmed broken in 1.5 as well

WELL DON'T I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT:

I will leave this here for anyone else who is stumped. I was caught out by the fact that new export had the radio fix included, but that is only for correctly DISPLAYING the frequencies. I had to download the radio fix attachment and replace the rotaries with the working ones in the profile and and the proper key bindings to get the frequency setting working. Which it is now.

Capt Z I owe you a beer for all your hard work if you are ever in this neck of the woods!

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

:doh:

Yeah that was pretty much my reaction lol :music_whistling:

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 1 year later...

Keypresses on remote pc

Hello,

I got the Helios profile working on my remote laptop with touchscreen.

I see the gauges change like it should be.

However keypresses are not working.

I think I read somewhere about key presses not being send from remote pc's.

Is there something additional I should do/install to send the keypresses from a remote pc to Helios/DCS ?

Thank you.

Johan