Roussen Class (Super Vita) Fast Attack Missile Craft

Hello community, this is the model of the Roussen class (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roussen-class_fast_attack_craft) missile boat where i am working from the first days of June. Today i finished the paint job on the model and i put it in the water. Well, i want to share with you this first screenshot from DCS world.

The number of triangles is 55.000 and i use one texture of 2048x2048. Now i make the damage model which include separately the 76mm gunhouse, the superstructure, the eight launchers of the exocet, the engine room and finaly the Mk49 launcher. Damage model texture will be 1024x1024.

Here is the pictures of the Roussen class fast attack craft.

Roussen_47_zpsc22ffa03.jpg

Roussen_50_zpse6a37c46.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice model, talk to ED to integrate it into DCS!

Thanks Kuky, about the integration of the model in the game the only way i think is by distribute as a freeware mode for DCS world. I don't own a 3dsMAX licence, i am using the student version and if i have understand correctly the licence it's not possible even to donate the model to a commercial game.

Ok back to the model now, the damage model is ready and it's adds 14.000 triangles to the original model, ι have not painted yet. I made the DM model looking in modelviewer and copying somehow the way that ED made the dm model of ticonderoga and now i'm trying to figure out the GT.DM function in ticonderoga.lua ( i don't know programming), read first and ask later,for the next days i will searching the forum

Edited by Astoxos

As far as I can see the next few days will be experimenting with the scripts trying to figure it out. I hope that in the next post I can present the missile craft in action, before that moment those are the missiles available for the ship:

Exocet MM40 block 2.......1574 triangles

Exocet MM40 block 3.......2800 triangles

RIM-116...........................2150 triangles

I made these models the last week and forgot to put it to the first post. The fins on all models folded as in reality, to fit them into the launcer.

Exocet_MM40_Block3_01_zps18825cfa.jpg

Exocet_MM40_Block3_02_zps018d2d11.jpg

I just finished the animations of the MG3 machine guns, 30mm guns and the 76mm cannon. All guns firing in their zone of surveillance and the traverse angles are limited due to the superstracture of the ship.

A small demo video, nothing fancy.