Helmet NVG messes up

Ah_Pook

When i ask ground crew for nvg, they fit it even though the switch for it is activated, from then on it messes up, if i press 'h' the switch moves but without the clicking noise, if i press the switch with the mouse it sometimes inverts the functionality, like on actually turns the sight/nvg off and vice versa, then it suddenly dissappears and i have no helemt function at all, even if i ask the ground crew to reinstall it, i get nothing!

Then i try to take off, and the ground crew shouts "hey what you doing", and the chopper acts like there's a cable attached and refuses to lift off and comes crashing back down, even though there is no ground power on!? I couldn't see if anything was attached as it was night time.

These problems don't seem to happen when first starting a mission but only when i use the recover option?

Then there's the problem of not being able to see the controls when it's night, in order to turn the switches on to get the lights working, i had to search for the key commands to enable the ground power switches. The pilot needs a flashlight!

haha, yeah.....you need to find the batteries (or ground power) , turn them on, then turn on the Cockpit lights "K" or night lights "shift - K".

Your first problem is a weird one, I've never tried that before, but will check it out next time im in teh pit and report back.

As for the ground crew shouting, they will do that if you have the radio switched to talk to them...all you have to do is change back to VHF2 before taking off.

Refusing to takeoff / ie lack of power would only really be caused by something mis configured in the cockpit (throttle RPM not set to auto, or EEG Gas test switch on)....there are no cables /physical connection with the ground that could cause the issue you are seeing.

thanks for the feedback nemises, it must have been lack of power.....i did have both the rotor motors on, and then i shutdown the apu, then tried to take off, it wasn't going anywhere so i turned the apu engine back on and tried to lift off again, but got the same result (acted like i was too heavy or something was dragging me down)?

Yeayh, you need to put the throttles into "Auto power" setting...at the point you are at, they are still at Idle power ...do this by pressing "pg-up" twice .. this will increase engine RPM to around 80% , which will also turn the generators to provide charge for the batteries and AC power.

the "Throttle" setting is seperate from the "Collective" setting, and is controlled with Pg-up and Pg-dn .. recommend you leave in Auto power 100% of the time (except of course during start up where it will be at idle).

If it is not that (ie if you have the throttle set to Auto allready), then look at the right-hand rear wall panel, and make sure the EEG Gas Test switch is not on...if it is, then the EEG's will cut power early as a ground test... other people have had this problem as well...make sure it is off.

If it is neither of these two things, then feel free to attach a track of your startup procedure and attempt to takeoff, and I / we would be more than happy to take a look ?