Mustang (P51 and/or TF51) - Host of issues Questions

sawbuck

To start, let me point out I am a starter who likes the concept of a WWII craft and am intrigued with the Mustang P51. About 3 years ago I was scanning games on Steam and saw DCS and a number of A/C one could simulate flying and was intrigued. I have some history with MS Flight simulation products and a few others but never was satisfied with their "combat" scenarios. I always thought the Arcade environment was a bit too easy. However, configuring many of them for simulation mode made for a more interesting experience. Thus, I expected to be challenged with DCS.

I have been in an our to Steam for the past couple of years toying with DCS World and finally decided to go straight to DCS for play time now that I have retired.

I am going to attempt a log of sorts with edits as time goes forward to chronicle my experiences. This is the initial entry and am now being paged so will be back with further edits shortly.

Additional info/update - 02/14/2017 @ 1742 hrs DST US East coast:

-----------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell, I am still frustrated after 15 - 20 hours of actual Mustang flying time with the super-sensitive flight controls even with Saitek x52 Pro Flight system (I expect Thrustmaster Warthot Hotas users might point out that is one oif my problems) which I have researched, reprogrammed and tweaked multiple hours for each flight time hour. I've managed to reach a level of almost-satisfaction with level flight, ascending/descending, banking, etc at various speeds successfully. However, in takeoff/landing runs, I have about 70 crashes to 40 landings. Rarely is either smooth when successful. I still go back to tutorials for additional guidance but find my controls are generally less smooth than desired. Generally, the issue is drifting or bobbling about at approach speeds for landing and craft wild drifting/pitching over during takeoff.

I have modified missions to concentrate on Kobuleti landing pattern/landing in addition to takeoff from various airfields. Each of these have much prep adjusting axis curves and control magnitudes to gain smoother/fine control as well as adequate control magnitude. As I continue this log/journal I intend to embed (if possible) values and graphics of these efforts.

My system:

Eluktronics P670RP6 Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core, W10 Home, 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 17.3” Full HD IPS, 256GB Performance SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 RAM

I have yet to experiment with overclocking nor checked frame rate. I have a generally smooth display at max resolution of 1980/1080. However, an irritating momentary sound/video freeze (stutter?) bothers me but doesn't seem to otherwise impact game play.

My current goals:

1. Achieve 10 sequential takeoff/landings in each of P51-D and TF51-D in ideal conditions as a minimum in full simulation

then

2. Repeat with varying weather, climate, and visibility conditions

After that get into combat scenarios.

Questions:

1. What are ideal control settings

2. Using SAitek X52 Pro, what is a convenient and workable control profile

If readers of this post has suggestions regarding anything I've mentioned I would appreciate your input. Certainly if you have any to offer with regard to the questions I would be very grateful.

===================================================================================================================================

Additional info/update - 02/16/2017 @2328 hrs DST US East coast:

As time permitted I read replies to my posts and responded to many. In between dealing with live and following pointers to many helpful suggestions I managed to fly a few more landing attempts and managed my softest touchdown yet with a track I'll post soon. Crashes are decreasing while I continue to tweak control settings and obviously get more practice.

I watched a video of trackir and concluded I gotta get one!! While watching vids it baffled me how quickly images zoomed or panned while the pilot still maintaining steady course. I would often drift when changing a view. Trackir would fix that and make things a lot easier as one poster pointed out.

Something else I need to acquire is rudder pedals both for braking and rudder control.

A long way to go but I can't give thanks enough the folks who have enlightened me with suggestions so far. I know I will be leaps ahead on my learning curve once I have put many into practice.

Edited by sawbuck
Additional info/update - 1742 hrs DST US East coast

Welcome to the forum!

As a retired person, I really must point out that if you are being paged then you are doing retirement incorrectly. :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Welcome sawbuck,

What PC setup and controls do you have now sawbuck, if you don't mind me asking? DCS requires a fairly good PC setup to get a good decent experience and not be put off. Most simulators push PC's to their absolute limits depending on the eye candy your trying to go for. Also do you have your controls and have you set them up? joystick HOTAS, rudder pedals etc.

This hobby can be a little expensive depending on how much the sim bug bites, you will find guy's that build complete cockpits here in the other parts of the forum. Joystick go for as little as 50, the cheaper controls will limit your experience tho and can make things a little frustrating, I recommend mid range first, then if the bug bites slowly upgrade.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Also one of the big things for DCS flying is a Tracker IR 5 will help if you are using pan scan..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Hi,

Welcome to the fold!

Now, regarding the frustration with the P-51 take-off and landing .... YES!! That is normal. The P-51 was my first DCS module as well, and the first flight sim I returned to after decades of absence.

And yes, take-offs for me were a constant cycle of crash, crash, crash, crash. Then it was crash, crash, crash, success! crash, crash. Then it was crash, crash, success! success! crash, crash, etc.

You get the idea.

For me the most frustrating thing in the early stage was the feeling that I was not making any progress at all, which made the "practice practice practice" adage seem pointless as I was not gaining anything. But, now, after going through many such similar experiences with, e.g. the Bf-109K, the Huey, the Gazelle, etc. I have come to learn one thing: progress is not gradual, but comes in sudden leaps! The corollary of this is that there are going to be long periods in which it feels you are learning/improving nothing and things look bleak with no chance of succeeding. But the fact is, if you keep at it --- practice practice practice --- one day, suddenly, it all falls into place. At least now and then. Then it takes more practice for you to be able to make it work all the time instead of just one out of four or five time. This part of the learning cycle is rapid. Then it is back to the plateau. I cannot explain it: maybe there are lots of little things that build up under the scene (brain/muscle) during the plateau phase and then when a certain threshold is met, it clicks. Who knows? But I have repeatedly encountered it with, e.g. learning to hover on the Huey, and then the Gazelle. Or taking off with the Bf-109 or the FW-190 (it was like starting from scratch, despite hours on the Mustang!).

It's just the way the brain works! Eventually you will get it! I know you know this, but I thought it would be helpful/encouraging for you to know that your experience, frustrating as it is, is: (a) temporary; and (b) shared by others!

Welcome to the forum!

As a retired person, I really must point out that if you are being paged then you are doing retirement incorrectly. :lol:

Well........ my better half was demanding I "get off that thing and come to dinner!!!" but being paged seemed more rational ;)

Hi,

Welcome to the fold!

Now, regarding the frustration with the P-51 take-off and landing .... YES!! That is normal. The P-51 was my first DCS module as well, and the first flight sim I returned to after decades of absence.

And yes, take-offs for me were a constant cycle of crash, crash, crash, crash. Then it was crash, crash, crash, success! crash, crash. Then it was crash, crash, success! success! crash, crash, etc.

You get the idea.

---------------------edited-----------------

You got that right. I keep telling myself I'm improving (but why so darn slow!!!) cuz after more than a dozen crashes then a first damaged-but-still-mobile landing they got mostly better when they happened and actually had fewer crashes in between. Still get total failures too often. I haven't yet reached the point where I've made a smooth touchdown but have had several where I was able to taxi to a turn point without nosing into the runway. I'm going to try to keep editing the original post with updates and data so I will have plenty of judges to weigh in on any claims of progress.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Certainlycan relate.....

Welcome sawbuck,

What PC setup and controls do you have now sawbuck, if you don't mind me asking? DCS requires a fairly good PC setup to get a good decent experience and not be put off. Most simulators push PC's to their absolute limits depending on the eye candy your trying to go for. Also do you have your controls and have you set them up? joystick HOTAS, rudder pedals etc.

This hobby can be a little expensive depending on how much the sim bug bites, you will find guy's that build complete cockpits here in the other parts of the forum. Joystick go for as little as 50, the cheaper controls will limit your experience tho and can make things a little frustrating, I recommend mid range first, then if the bug bites slowly upgrade.

My system is:

Eluktronics P670RP6 Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core, W10 Home, 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 17.3” Full HD IPS, 256GB Performance SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 RAM

I have a SaitekX52 Pro HOTAS system and have spent a bit of time integrating the SST profiles into the existing AXIS configuring of DCS P51 - and am still tweaking. I'm going to try to edit both in the original post shortly. The X52 Pro is 3 years old and still in good condition consting ~$150 new. That's it...

Yep, DCS is about as real as it gets, so lots of practice.

Do you have rudder Pedals? They are very Recommended, any type is better then none for these Taildragger aircraft.

Do you have in the options rudder assist off? It's OK when starting out to use a little rudder assist, until you learn to see and control the aircraft like second nature. I went the hard way and some recommend turning it off as not to get use to it.

Also have you setup any curves on the controls to make them less sensitive? Good guide on steam HERE, lookup axis tuning. This is something you have to try out and play with and get right for yourself.

A lot of guy's use extensions for their warthogs joysticks, which would make a big difference on the controls. I did a test with an old controller and a broom handle, I can confirm it's very nice and much soother with a longer extension with no curves.

FGC-Extension-Long-version-for-Thrustmaster-HOTAS-Warthog-Cougar-Joystick.jpg

TM Warthog Extension mods

Checkout Chuck's Tutorial Library for all the aircraft, recommend for getting up to speed quickly.

At the top of the Spitfire thread are three Essay's - Very good read for all the taildraggers

Essay, PART 1: Why taildraggers are tricky and how to overcome it!

Here is some more light reading that I found on my travels.

What's Different About Taildraggers?" - Download the PDF HERE

Plus you are learning on an aircraft with something like 1500 Horsepower

Normally you learn Taildraggers in the Piper J-3 Cub with (50) Horsepower

like in the articles above so... No No, we are real men here and go straight to the most powerful Taildraggers ever built to learn on lol.

Germany lost around a 1/3 of their aircraft just to takeoffs and landings because of the nature of the planes, such as the 109 and lack of training.

Great video on Taildraggers

U0YUxsntZWE

No he is entirely correct, when a tailwheel aircraft is in the 3 point attitude on the ground and moving the CoG is behind the main wheels and the laws of physics makes this an unstable condition, being alert and keeping it under control does not change the laws of physics.

This guy explains it pretty well, they know a thing or two about tailwheel at the commemorative air force.

Link only as the video owners have restricted playback on 3rd party websites.

Thanks for posting the video bongodriver

I do like how the presenter explains in the video when a pilot lands a taildragger, he needs to be a better computer with a higher CPU clock speed. I.E. Detect fast and react quicker to movement.

I think putting it that way and relating it to PC's, we can all definitely relate to that here lol.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

To start, let me point out I am a starter who likes the concept of a WWII craft and am intrigued with the Mustang P51. About 3 years ago I was scanning games on Steam and saw DCS and a number of A/C one could simulate flying and was intrigued. I have some history with MS Flight simulation products and a few others but never was satisfied with their "combat" scenarios. I always thought the Arcade environment was a bit too easy. However, configuring many of them for simulation mode made for a more interesting experience. Thus, I expected to be challenged with DCS.

I have been in an our to Steam for the past couple of years toying with DCS World and finally decided to go straight to DCS for play time now that I have retired.

I am going to attempt a log of sorts with edits as time goes forward to chronicle my experiences. This is the initial entry and am now being paged so will be back with further edits shortly.

Additional info/update - 02/14/2017 @ 1742 hrs DST US East coast:

In a nutshell, I am still frustrated after 15 - 20 hours of actual Mustang flying time with the super-sensitive flight controls even with Saitek x52 Pro Flight system (I expect Thrustmaster Warthot Hotas users might point out that is one oif my problems) which I have researched, reprogrammed and tweaked multiple hours for each flight time hour. I've managed to reach a level of almost-satisfaction with level flight, ascending/descending, banking, etc at various speeds successfully. However, in takeoff/landing runs, I have about 70 crashes to 40 landings. Rarely is either smooth when successful. I still go back to tutorials for additional guidance but find my controls are generally less smooth than desired. Generally, the issue is drifting or bobbling about at approach speeds for landing and craft wild drifting/pitching over during takeoff.

I have modified missions to concentrate on Kobuleti landing pattern/landing in addition to takeoff from various airfields. Each of these have much prep adjusting axis curves and control magnitudes to gain smoother/fine control as well as adequate control magnitude. As I continue this log/journal I intend to embed (if possible) values and graphics of these efforts.

My system:

I have yet to experiment with overclocking nor checked frame rate. I have a generally smooth display at max resolution of 1980/1080. However, an irritating momentary sound/video freeze (stutter?) bothers me but doesn't seem to otherwise impact game play.

My current goals:

1. Achieve 10 sequential takeoff/landings in each of P51-D and TF51-D in ideal conditions as a minimum in full simulation

then

2. Repeat with varying weather, climate, and visibility conditions

After that get into combat scenarios.

Questions:

1. What are ideal control settings

2. Using SAitek X52 Pro, what is a convenient and workable control profile

If readers of this post has suggestions regarding anything I've mentioned I would appreciate your input. Certainly if you have any to offer with regard to the questions I would be very grateful.

Your best bet for answers, and real time learning with other people there with you is to get TeamSpeak, go on to server on line. Aerobatics Online is a great place to start. There, you can talk to others who are flying along with you who can watch what you are doing and teach you while they are talking to you. I have tutored many P-51, ME 109, and 190 fliers with very little problems. Some of them as young as 13 and as old as 70. There are always great people who know what you are going through and are more than happy to help you get started on whatever issues that you may have.

It's not as daunting as it seems, a little guidance, some tutorial videos, and your off. If you are ever on line, look me up in TS (Tuco). I'll get you off the ground and show you how to get there consistently, and land too. But there are many well qualified fliers who would be more than willing to help you.

Also, keep in mind that "ideal control settings" are very subjective. Even though some people have strong opinion on using fully linear response in their standard, unmodded sticks, I personally could not imagine flying DCS warbirds without at least 20-25% pitch&roll curves on my Warthog (in my opinion, going linear with a gaming stick, which is 3-4 times shorter than the real thing doesn't really make experience more "realistic" by any means). I went fully linear only two weeks ago, after I added 30 cm extension.

X-52's centering spring is a marshmallow compared to TH Warthog, so You migh get away with smaller curvature settings, but still...

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks David OC for all the hints/cautions/suggestions. I will be kept busy for awhile just going through the pointers! Regarding taildraggers, I have toyed with others including some of the WWI and have to admit finding them VERY different than tricycle landers. I am committed to devoting my play time nailing the Mustang and do appreciate your inputs along with the many others.

Also, keep in mind that "ideal control settings" are very subjective. Even though some people have strong opinion on using fully linear response in their standard, unmodded sticks, I personally could not imagine flying DCS warbirds without at least 20-25% pitch&roll curves on my Warthog (in my opinion, going linear with a gaming stick, which is 3-4 times shorter than the real thing doesn't really make experience more "realistic" by any means). I went fully linear only two weeks ago, after I added 30 cm extension.

X-52's centering spring is a marshmallow compared to TH Warthog, so You migh get away with smaller curvature settings, but still...

Thanks Art-J. Someone else mentioned extensions. Will have to look into it. At first glance, I can't see any way of adjusting the X52 Pro joystick other than a lock to avoid using it for rudder twist - I assume for pedals which I don't have.....

I'm going to try to post my AXIS curves soon but in short I have been all over the map getting to where I am currently at - and expect to continue tweaking a bit.

I

Thanks David OC for all the hints/cautions/suggestions. I will be kept busy for awhile just going through the pointers! Regarding taildraggers, I have toyed with others including some of the WWI and have to admit finding them VERY different than tricycle landers. I am committed to devoting my play time nailing the Mustang and do appreciate your inputs along with the many others.

I would highly recommend getting some rudder pedals, especially for the taildragger aircraft, you have much more control of the rudder and you will have 2 more independent foot axis for the left and right brakes, this is important at low speeds when taking off and landing as you will need to apply some left or right brake when the rudder has little to no affect. (See the video I posted on the first page to see just how much footwork is required)

Here is a video of me playing around showing some Ground Footwork Practice in an external view with the Spitfire, braking works a little different on the spitfire. To engage either of the individual wheel brakes for turning on the ground, the rudder pedal is first depressed in the direction of the desired turn and then the (brake lever) is pulled until the brake engages. The brake lever is attached to the control stick.

Jhb-RdBkac8

I use the saitek combat rudder pedals which are just ok pedals, will be getting the MFG Crosswind at some point, don't tell the misses tho lol. Would also like to upgrade my CH Fighterstick at some point, trying to decide which way to go, it needs to be adjustable but also cater to Planes and helicopters. The VKB-Sim Gunfighter Series looks great. Probably go with the warthog stick only with different extension mods as I need the buttons and hats on the stick.

These are main items that had a big wow factor in my simming over the years.

Track IR – Head tracking to move the view around, this takes a little to get used to, now I couldn’t live without it.

_AO0F5sLdVM

Upgrading from the tm 16000m single stick to CH gear joystick, throttle and saitek rudder pedals.

We do lack some feedback (movement) based on the feeling we have in real world. We can get better with practise using visual cues, VR helps here by putting you in the plane completely; it’s not perfect yet and takes everything your PC can throw at it to have a decent experience, not really practical now in missions to pick out targets, unless you use the labels etc.

Flying around, landing, taking off is a game changer in VR for the 3D feedback it brings, cannot wait when VR is a few generations older. Another thing with VR you do need to map all the controls as you cannot see the keyboard easily. VR is like the matrix, Unfortunately, no one can be…told what VR is. You have to see it for yourself. I’m building up a new i7 7700K water cooled system for VR.

Edited by David OC

I used an X52 pro, and still find it useful for more delicate operations (Flying the Huey) where tiny inputs are needed. The Warthog is great for a workout on Jets, but I think it's a tiny bit too well sprung without an extension, for WWII Fighters.

Agreed, the X52 is a bit floppy, but you can beef up the feel of it without taking it apart, just by compressing the top of the spring where it meets the handle. I just have a thick bootlace wound round it a few times, and trapped by the tension of the spring. It makes it much stiffer, but can be removed in a thrice.

I agree with the others that for taildraggers especially, that rudder pedals are important. I can't vouch for the expensive ones, since I just have cheap CH Pros, and they work fine.

Reply to mkiii

I used an X52 pro, and still find it useful for more delicate operations (Flying the Huey) where tiny inputs are needed. The Warthog is great for a workout on Jets, but I think it's a tiny bit too well sprung without an extension, for WWII Fighters.

Agreed, the X52 is a bit floppy, but you can beef up the feel of it without taking it apart, just by compressing the top of the spring where it meets the handle. I just have a thick bootlace wound round it a few times, and trapped by the tension of the spring. It makes it much stiffer, but can be removed in a thrice.

I agree with the others that for taildraggers especially, that rudder pedals are important. I can't vouch for the expensive ones, since I just have cheap CH Pros, and they work fine.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to give the "bootlace" trick a try to see what it buys me. An issue that I need a work around with is a "sticky" joystick. Especially those tiny corrections I seem to need during final approach. Seems to have a tiny bit of hangup just before moving. Will have to deal with that for now but I am looking at pedals as a first item and am also looking seriously into the trackir unit.

I may regret a decision during my recent downsizing (accompanying retirement) where I gave up a home built desktop to my gaming grandson. This Eluctronic Gaming Laptop has a nice size (17+ inch screen) and fairly good specs - described in OP - and capable of physically handling pedals and trackir, I think. However, I'm finding thoughts entering my mind to build a strictly gaming desktop and keep this for usual administrative stuff. However, that will have to get past the War Department (read: spouse). :)

My controller Axis curves

As mentioned earlier, I have spent hours tweaking my controller to the point where I have limited success and would post those curves. Not having a lot of experience with that this is somewhat of an experiment.

Here are the curves for the Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS:

X-Axis.jpg.52c1b9f6ba5c097483d031e13594ec87.jpg : x Axis

Y-Axis.jpg.ac48e60af7396933d0136b016609ec2a.jpg : Y- Axis

Rudder.jpg.9a2ac5853b561f384a9f184f677ded7c.jpg : Rudder Axis

2142204315_RPMSlider.jpg.a5fbcf48d69e84e05979b386d6df72e0.jpg : RPM Axis

1045317587_ElevatorTrim.jpg.84328194613e6b6d13b91774b8145455.jpg : Elevator Trim Axis

428627443_RudderTrim.jpg.21777736d0be6338c8f1e33cb4c9e22c.jpg : Rudder Trim Axis

Throttle.jpg.7fe18898025ce8e904ec452c507b5b26.jpg : Throttle Axis

Undoubtedly, I will continue to tweak these going forward.

This is the Saitek profile in zip format:

Mustang 000.zip -

Now, hopefully that went all according to Hoyle....

If/when you unzip the Saitek profile, load it into SST programming utility, and scan the contents you will see most of the axis are intact. Exceptions are the Slider1 (RPM) and Mode 3, X-AXIS. The former should be easy to understand but both are banded with bindings to Key presses in DCS P51-D. For now it works for me but I will likely change that at some point.

If anyone chooses to adopt any of these and has questions feel free to ask.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit update 3/9/17

Since posting this I've continued to tweak stick and throttle axis and gotten a pair of TM rudder pedals. Needless to say, tweaking continues and some progress made in improving controls in general and marginal success in takeoff/landings. Still find controls touchy as hell in trying to center the ball for leveling our to make a good approach. Lubed the stick but still bobble too much even with feather touches and end up in flames too much. Spending any free time doing all that stuff. Also spend a lot of time watching videos and gathering tips. Thanks to all for many tips and pointers to tips/videos/articles. One day I hope to look back on all this frustration with a smile cuz it's OVER but I'm gonna get there.......

Edited by sawbuck
just a not....

Regards Teamspeak

Your best bet for answers, and real time learning with other people there with you is to get TeamSpeak, go on to server on line. Aerobatics Online is a great place to start. There, you can talk to others who are flying along with you who can watch what you are doing and teach you while they are talking to you. I have tutored many P-51, ME 109, and 190 fliers with very little problems. Some of them as young as 13 and as old as 70. There are always great people who know what you are going through and are more than happy to help you get started on whatever issues that you may have.

It's not as daunting as it seems, a little guidance, some tutorial videos, and your off. If you are ever on line, look me up in TS (Tuco). I'll get you off the ground and show you how to get there consistently, and land too. But there are many well qualified fliers who would be more than willing to help you.

Zimm, thanks for suggestion. I took a quick look at TeamSpeak. In the not too distant future it will be checked off my "get it" list. Right now I am prioritizing with practicing/tweaking controls with what I have. However, from responses to my post and watching several vids I've gotta have Trackir and rudder pedals! Those are my next priorities. Would like to find some way of extending my X52 Pro Joystick for finer control but.....

Don't let the sim bug bite too much Sawbuck, you'll get in trouble with the misses...

3 screens 55" NECs Checkout the video

for more info.

UPbkMIg3RvU