Cant get views or Esc options/quit menu. Why?

Andrew1968

My MiG15 has gone wrong. For a couple of days after installation, it worked fine, but not anymore.

When I use the MiG15 module now, there is no Options menu appearing when I press Esc.

Nothing happens when I press any of the function keys (no views etc)

I can't log out without using ctrl-alt-del, because I can't open the Esc/Options/Quit menu :mad:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module via DCS and module manager.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled DCS from ED's own site.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired and cleaned up the files using Skatezilla's Utility Tool again.

Nothing. No change. Esc and F keys still dead.

Support are useless and just ask for ever more screenshots and lists of all my other software. I think they are mugging me off now.

The problem is ONLY confined to the Mig15. All other modules Esc and F key functions work perfectly.

What is causing this? Is it something else installed on my PC? My DCS installation only has two installed modules: Su27 and Mig15.

Or is the MiG15 faulty? (I installed it just before Christmas 2019 from ED)

Anything else I can try before giving up? :dunno:

RSVP.

PS: Questions indicating you haven't read this post properly will remain un-answered. Thank-You

• ED Team

Hi

strange issue, please attach your dcs log from your dcs log folder in saved games.

Are you using any software outside of DCS that is using the F keys? TrackIR maybe?

Try following my crash advice below also it may help.

Let us know how you get on.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Anything else I can try before giving up? :dunno:

Yes.

Going to C:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\DCS\ location (where all your personal DCS-related stuff and settings are stored) and purging it temporarily (keep the backup somewhere safe).

This location is NOT affected by unistalling/reinstalling/repairing/cleanups and thus IF (and that's a big "if") the cause of the problem lies somewhere here, neither of aforementioned steps could help.

Upon next startup, the game will recreate this folder fresh and reset itself to stock form. If your MiG works OK then, you will know where to look for the faulty folder/file by restoring the backup plus trial-and-error method.

By the way, availability of external views in DCS is not only game-options- but also mission-settings-related, so in some missions they might not work even if the game itself is fine.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

try may crash advice below in my signature.

it may help

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2