[CORRECT AS IS] IFF STT

heroe

Hi,

I'm aware of the current manual mode 4 interrogation in the hornet due to the automatic mode setting being in the AZ/EL page which is not implemented yet.

However, in the real hornet when pilot commands STT, the CIT (combined interrogator transponder) automatically performs a mode 4 interrogation as a logic to avoid FF despite being in manual mode.

This is not the case in the current open beta as shown in attached track, so when you command STT, the SA page still shows the L&S with a star symbol but with an ambiguous yellow HAFU.

Hope track helps identifying the issue.

Thanks as always!

IFF STT Bug.trk

Edited by heroe

Hi Rain!

Please note I clarified that I was aware of what you are saying, this is a different topic. The real hornet performs a mode 4 interrogation despite the setting being in manual mode like in DCS now, so it should be corrected as such to reflect correct behaviour during manual mode.

Appreciate very much your reply.

So the thread was labeled "correct as is" but as a matter of fact it isnt. I hope Mover could jump in here to clarify this so we can all enjoy the proper implementation.

Beamscanner also confirmed that the L&S is always automatically interrogated no matter if the AZ/EL setting is in manual mode.

• ED Team
So the thread was labeled "correct as is" but as a matter of fact it isnt. I hope Mover could jump in here to clarify this so we can all enjoy the proper implementation.

Beamscanner also confirmed that the L&S is always automatically interrogated no matter if the AZ/EL setting is in manual mode.

It is indeed correct as is based on our documention. There is more than one auto-IFF mode available from the the AZ/EL page, one of which is the auto-AI with STT/L&S. As noted, we will implement this and other auto-AI modes once the AZ/EL page is implemented. For now, all IFF AI is done through manual which is perfectly accurate as is.

Thanks

It is indeed correct as is based on our documention. There is more than one auto-IFF mode available from the the AZ/EL page, one of which is the auto-AI with STT/L&S. As noted, we will implement this and other auto-AI modes once the AZ/EL page is implemented. For now, all IFF AI is done through manual which is perfectly accurate as is.

Thanks

Ok wags, I didnt have that info to be honest, good to know there is more than one auto mode.

Do yoy know if we will be able to interrogate during STT? Right now if you lock someone during a dogfight you cant interrogate manually, you have to drop the lock.

Thanks for dropping by

• ED Team
Ok wags, I didnt have that info to be honest, good to know there is more than one auto mode.

Do yoy know if we will be able to interrogate during STT? Right now if you lock someone during a dogfight you cant interrogate manually, you have to drop the lock.

Thanks for dropping by

It's a known and reported issue.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a known and reported issue.

Wags, I could not find any thread with this issue reported. It is still present in current OB and havent seen any comment on whether it is going to be fixed or remain that way for some time. Would you be so kind to let me know if it will be fixed in the short term? Sorry for being pushy, this is a game breaker for me during close encounters.

There is more than one auto-IFF mode available from the the AZ/EL page, one of which is the auto-AI with STT/L&S. As noted, we will implement this and other auto-AI modes once the AZ/EL page is implemented.

Thanks

Thanks, Wags.

What about an ACM, AUTO ACQ mode? if you're fighting with one of these and get a quick lock, does the radar automatically IFF interrogate? I ask because when you select any acm auto acq mode, the RDR ATTK page is automatically brought up. Does the pilot have the option to select the AZ/EL as default page in ACM rather than RDR ATTK page? If not, I guess I'm, again, just shocked that the APG-73 designers wouldn't offer an auto-iff to coincide with a basic radar lock.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

If not, I guess I'm, again, just shocked that the APG-73 designers wouldn't offer an auto-iff to coincide with a basic radar lock.

They have, that is e.g. auto IFF with STT, which is atm bugged and scheduled to be fixed, as Wags mentioned earlier.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team
They have, that is e.g. auto IFF with STT, which is atm bugged and scheduled to be fixed, as Wags mentioned earlier.

No, it is not "bugged". There is both manual IFF (what we have now), and multiple types of automatic IFF (like STT and ACM modes) that are enabled from the AZ/EL page. Once the AZ/EL page is added, we'll add the automatic IFF modes then.

Thanks

No, it is not "bugged". There is both manual IFF (what we have now), and multiple types of automatic IFF (like STT and ACM modes) that are enabled from the AZ/EL page. Once the AZ/EL page is added, we'll add the automatic IFF modes then.

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying that - I think there is just a great deal of misinformation around due to the whole system being worked upon. I was referring to this post of yours, thinking that auto-IFF on STT (which was still the way to it a few weeks ago - lock target, have it be IFF interrogated) is bugged and returning with the March, 27th OB patch:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3825412&postcount=11

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Brilliant, looking forward to how it all unfolds! Keep up the good work! :)