[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I disagree with the above, respectfully. Those muzzles flashes are probably close to correct. Muzzle flashes are suppressed on small arms and ground equipment (some times) in order to avoid giving away a position in ground combat when able. Air combat is a totally different affair. Generally the aircraft mounted weaponry I've dealt with has MUZZLE BREAKES or recoil dampening muzzle devices. These devices actually increase the flash dramatically, due to gas forcing the blast as far to the sides backward as possible, in order to damped backwards reciol. I've got no doubt the flash on the MiG 19s cannon was massive. I agree it would be cool to see it made larger.

The Tunguska video doesn't really make the case. The muzzle flashes during the day is still massive! Of course it's brighter at night. I've seen 23mm AAA and Shilkas fire in real life, in a very bright desert, and there was still a very large and noticible muzzle flash.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Hook47

So I was dogfighting this Fishbed one time and after I killed him, I ran out of fuel before I could RTB. So I decided to land on ground and extended my gears and flaps using the emergency gear and flaps knob, which worked.

After I quit the mission and entered another mission, my gears and flaps were permanently extended and I couldn't retract them back using the cockpit levels and buttons nor the keybinding. I tried both air spawn and cold start but they were permanently extended. I also tried multiplayer but this problem still persisted.

The aircraft has two means of controlling the airbrake - button on the control stick(press - hold - release) and a two positions switch on the right throttle(mapped as cycling press of one button for a real two positions rocker in fact). Two confusions - pressing one control actuates the other one but its just a switch and a button without any actuation mechanism inside. And second one - why not have the two positions switch being able to be mapped as two separate buttons.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Oxygen shutoff tap rotates infinitely, RUFO-45 left and right verniers and maybe something else that works by this principle rotate cyclically. They should rotate from stop to stop.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Very minor bug, possibly humor: preset radio channel recommended in cold and dark training mission is different from the one that actually works in the scenario. Current fix: try a different preset!

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Lamps of insufficient oil pressure in the engine are obliged extinguished as soon as the engine starts to move. If the lamp is not extinguished, it means a malfunction of the oil pump and lubrication system.

Also, the engine must be turned by the starter when pressing the "Start" button from the ground power source, while the Engine control knob is on the "Stop" latch, and the fuel pumps are turned off.

This is called "cold scrolling", and is made to blow the combustion chamber from the accumulation of kerosene and oil during those days Parking, as well as after an unsuccessful start. Attempting to start the engine without cold scrolling may cause a fire.

Edited by Anaglob

You need to double increase the speed of the canopy shift when closing and opening - it is manual and should close quickly.

In fact, the canopy have a hydraulic actuator that helps in the process of opening/closing it as it´s too heavy to be moved by hand only.

Hello,

since there is no issue listet here, I'll create a new one.

Please have a look into it.

I'm using stable build: DCS/2.5.4.29167

Screenshot and track attached. I was unable to correctly replay the track as after startup, the plane taxied into the grass using time accelaration. Hope this helps anyway.

steps to recreate:

- mission in Caucasus Kobuleti, 17°C OAT

- plane loaded with two K-13 missiles, full internal fuel

- takeoff and climb at MIL power setting at around 0.9 Mach to 10.000m

- level off, stay in MIL Power only

- plane accelerates and breaks sound barrier

- Check Mach meter, which showed around Mach 1.05 even in a shallow climb

Regards and hope this helps

Jens

Edited by gulredrel
added dcs log

Further to this, the tuning seems to be off a little and is far too sensitive. For example, when flying near Senaki and tuning to 525kHz for the beacon at Gali, I repeatedly picked up the 528kHz beacon over 400km's away to the North West with full signal strength.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the point here was also more that regardless of which method you use to tune the radios, you should be able to turn any of the switches independently, regardless of the position of the others.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When pre-setting the ARK-5 frequencies in the Mission Editor, these frequencies are not shown on the display of the ARK-5 in the cockpit of the aircraft. The frequencies are in fact tuned and work properly, they just don't show as the correct frequencies on the dial.

In the Mission Editor;

Ark-5.jpg

In the cockpit upon mission start;

Screen-190510-074930.png

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minor, but it's there.

The guard cover for the SRO-2 IFF power switch can be closed without affecting the power switch beneath it allowing the switch to pass through the cover and remain on.

Screen-190513-212127.png

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]