Some optimizing for Jester needed

Larkis

1. Jaster Menu will allways display on the front. No problem with that. But the headtracking set the current position of your head as centerpoin.

For example i look to the right to 2oclock and open the jester menu. The menu spawn in front 12oclock, so i move my head into that direction. But that head movement is still tracked for the menu so i am not able to select something cause the head-"line" goes much to far and maek the menu unusable.

2. Often i open the menu per accident, but cant close it without pushing some jester Buttons and give silly ordcers just to let the menu dissapear. A menu closed button would be very good.

3. On Tacan Selection, please show the name of the airport and not the code.

4. A "what did you see jester" Button would be cool. Maybe it exist and i missed it but i could really use it. Sometimes when flying with a wingman and i lost visual and cant establish visual again (cause of crappy VR Eyes) it would be cool to call Jester what plaes are in his line of sight.

I totally agree on point 1! This is really annoying ...

Regarding #2: Agree here as well, although you can close the menu without selecting any option by "selecting" the center of the menu. But a dedicated button for that would probably more ergonomic.

1. Jaster Menu will allways display on the front. No problem with that. But the headtracking set the current position of your head as centerpoin.

For example i look to the right to 2oclock and open the jester menu. The menu spawn in front 12oclock, so i move my head into that direction. But that head movement is still tracked for the menu so i am not able to select something cause the head-"line" goes much to far and maek the menu unusable.

2. Often i open the menu per accident, but cant close it without pushing some jester Buttons and give silly ordcers just to let the menu dissapear. A menu closed button would be very good.

3. On Tacan Selection, please show the name of the airport and not the code.

4. A "what did you see jester" Button would be cool. Maybe it exist and i missed it but i could really use it. Sometimes when flying with a wingman and i lost visual and cant establish visual again (cause of crappy VR Eyes) it would be cool to call Jester what plaes are in his line of sight.

+100 we need to axis control for jester menù

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I don't think you have to give Jester an order just to close the menu..? Just (if you have Trackir) aim in the center, ie: not any of the radial options, and click the Jester button again and it closes.

My gripe at the moment is the position of 'abort start-up' right beside some of the contextual options during assisted start-up. Quite a few times now I've accidentally aborted in the middle of a start-up.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Sometimes if you are looking away from ctr and hit the Jester Menu button - you could be in a position that you can't look far enough from where you are to get back to the ctr to close the menu in VR.

I have had that happen and just had to look as far as I could, hit the button and hope I managed to hit a menu item to get it closed again lol.

+1 for the Jester night mode.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure it's been reported or not, but a bug in Jester makes him really annoying when tanking : 20-30 sentences are read one after the other as soon as I clip !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 5 months later...

In VR clicking on the jester menu, once it is open will close. I cannot use head movement in VR to give a command.

Other Jester points. In VR i cannot see the cockpit buttons well enough to go through assisted start.Getting Jester startup back would be nice. Sure I would like to start the f14 w/o Jes but it is very complex, more so w/o clear vision of the switches Also, on a bandit call, Jester gives little info. Vector, speed, closure rate if applicable and altitude would be helpful.

THX PUQE

+100000

(1) especially is so problematic that I think it should be considered a bug!

SUGGESTION: Key-bind to center Jester menu

(2) Yaaas!

SUGGESTION: Key-bind to close Jester menu