[KNOWN ISSUE WIP] Canopy lever

Sickdog

Sorry if I missed this somewhere can’t find answer when i do a search here... but is the canopy lever modeled to open and close the canopy? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t implement a way to click on the lever instead of the key command Ctrl-C, most other modules have a way to click it. I’ve tried in VR, and 2-D, I see where placard is and maybe see the lever is (based on instruction manual they released) but my mouse cursor never shows anything i can manipulate. My buddy who isn’t in VR but uses Track-IR couldn’t find it either when we multiplayed, both separate aircraft and when we traded front and back seats. I also didn’t see it listed as an item not modeled yet in the heatblur mention of what they’re working on versus what we get on release day. I’m hoping I’m just doing something stupid but man I’ve tried and tried and tried.

By the way, best DCS module hands down, been having a blast learning it today, getting into flat spins by accident, and boltering like crazy! Way to go Heatblur team, truly amazing work!

Edited by IronMike

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Right, think I mentioned that. The point of my post is asking if anyone knows if there’s a clickable lever like most other modules to open and close the canopy. The manual displays it but can’t get it to show anywhere your mouse can interact with. This is pretty important for VR people where you avoid keyboard presses as much as possible. And binding to a joystick button seems like a bad workaround as there’s plenty of more important bindings that take priority with limited buttons. Besides, it’s fun to click on stuff when starting up or shutting down. Come on VR community, no comments on this?

Right, think I mentioned that. The point of my post is asking if anyone knows if there’s a clickable lever like most other modules to open and close the canopy. The manual displays it but can’t get it to show anywhere your mouse can interact with. This is pretty important for VR people where you avoid keyboard presses as much as possible. And binding to a joystick button seems like a bad workaround as there’s plenty of more important bindings that take priority with limited buttons. Besides, it’s fun to click on stuff when starting up or shutting down. Come on VR community, no comments on this?

Yesterday I couldn't find the exact place where to move the canopy lever, same as you. I ended up peeking underneath the Rift at my keyboard, but would like a working lever of course. Because VR. :)

Have you looked on the RIO side? I know Jester closes the canopy in start up, so maybe its there. When I get a chance Ill go have look.

Yup, just jumped into the 2D pit, RIO seat, and same exact thing. I see the lever, see the placards, but can’t interact with it. The manual says the controls for the canopy should be identical in front and back seat, and does appear that way but just no way to click the lever.

And dawgie79, I did the same thing looking for it. I’ve smacked my VR mounted face into my center mounted joystick trying to look under the canopy rail for the lever. Haha.

What gives, Heatblur??? No VR interactive canopy controls???

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The lever for this is completely invisible to the pilot and is underneath that block on the right under the canopy rim. I think what we'll do is make the stenciling clickable.

Nicholas,

THANK YOU for the direct reply, and consideration for a future solution to this. I’m sure you’ve got much bigger fish to fry/bugs to squash/features to add, but seems like this solution would be fairly simple to implement and I’m pretty sure a lot of us VR guys will really appreciate this immersion addition!

And as a side note if you’re reading this reply, coming from an IRL pilot that has been simming since the mid 80’s and was 10 when top gun came out, THANK YOU and your team for this incredible module. Seriously making my childhood dreams come to life years later. Keep up the great work, I’m blown away by this module.

The lever for this is completely invisible to the pilot and is underneath that block on the right under the canopy rim. I think what we'll do is make the stenciling clickable.

Please make all of these bindings available to sim pit users who want to flip real switches and move real levers also. Please?

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]